Cableguys Curve 2 - Preset Contest Winners

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not tested yet (and i just noticed that it's not available yet for macos), but jakob, could you write us a short text about what's new in curve 2 (other than the obvious new interface :D ).
I saw your issues list, but nothing about what's really new or improved, and I can't see on the screenshot ..

hum after comparing..
- OSCs Crossfades
- Enveloppes drawing modes
- Some modifications in mod matrix

Did I miss something else?

NeP94 wrote:Not tested yet (and i just noticed that it's not available yet for macos)
It's available for Mac now too! Just released a minute ago..
NeP94 wrote:.., but jakob, could you write us a short text about what's new in curve 2 (other than the obvious new interface :D ).
I saw your issues list, but nothing about what's really new or improved, and I can't see on the screenshot ..

hum after comparing..
- OSCs Crossfades
- Enveloppes drawing modes
- Some modifications in mod matrix

Did I miss something else?
You've already spotted some part of it:

- Drawable envelopes (better than LFOs sometimes -- they behave like playable envelopes)
- Two waveforms per OSC (with crossfade -- try modulating this!)
- Unison mode
- Version history for presets
- Author description
- New layout
- Coming soon: Preset description and MIDI assignment

Since version 1.0 also mono mode, legato and glide, individual OSC modulation, modulation of LFO rates, one-shot LFOs, 64bit-versions, RTAS support and more got added.

You can find all the details here: http://www.cableguys.de/curve-2.html

Any chance we could have a manual for Curve?

Amazing synth btw :)

Hi Jakob,

congratulations for the new beta. Niels already asked/told me about it in a PM.

I liked version 1 very much and had made a few presets for it. I have also used some samples and waveforms based on Curve in my soundbank for Waldorf PPG Wave 3.V which was released a few weeks ago. Of course i have mentioned Curve in the manual for the bank.

I just downloaded the public beta now and will have a look as soon as possible.

Currently i am working on some presets (or a bank) for Waldorf Largo and also for Synthmaster 2.5.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:Beta's just up for about 2-3 hours and already got a bug fixed.. quite an important one, syncing presets with the online library could break easily.

Please download the updated beta here:
http://www.cableguys.de/curve-2.html
Hi Jakob,

I downloaded the file after you wrote this, yet it says Beta1, is that right?

I'm asking because I can't seem to synchronize presets atm. First time sync went allright. Then made a preset and tried to sync, but I get the error "something went wrong, please try again" every time now.

Anyone else having sync difficulties atm?

I'm having a blast with the new drawable envelopes, the crossfading wave oscs and the awesome Unison mode though :love:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Nielzie wrote:
Jakob / Cableguys wrote:Beta's just up for about 2-3 hours and already got a bug fixed.. quite an important one, syncing presets with the online library could break easily.

Please download the updated beta here:
http://www.cableguys.de/curve-2.html
Hi Jakob,

I downloaded the file after you wrote this, yet it says Beta1, is that right?

I'm asking because I can't seem to synchronize presets atm. First time sync went allright. Then made a preset and tried to sync, but I get the error "something went wrong, please try again" every time now.

Anyone else having sync difficulties atm?

I'm having a blast with the new drawable envelopes, the crossfading wave oscs and the awesome Unison mode though :love:
Hi Niels,

i have just started checking the Curve 2 public beta too. For syncing i first had to register my email address again as my Curve 1 license does not work for Curve 2. When starting the Sync itt stop after a short time with the message: "SQL Error: column name is not unique".

The new features like e.g. envelopes, Wave crossfading and Unison seem to be a nice addition. The new GUI looks great too and it's also nice to have more available points for the waveforms whch was a problem in earlier versions of version 1.

I still miss a feature to use the aftertouch for adding vibrato. Something like "Aftertouch*LFO1" in the mod matrix (like in e.g. Waldorf Largo) seems to be necessary for this.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote: Hi Niels,

i have just started checking the Curve 2 public beta too. For syncing i first had to register my email address again as my Curve 1 license does not work for Curve 2. When starting the Sync itt stop after a short time with the message: "SQL Error: column name is not unique".

The new features like e.g. envelopes, Wave crossfading and Unison seem to be a nice addition. The new GUI looks great too and it's also nice to have more available points for the waveforms whch was a problem in earlier versions of version 1.

I still miss a feature to use the aftertouch for adding vibrato. Something like "Aftertouch*LFO1" in the mod matrix (like in e.g. Waldorf Largo) seems to be necessary for this.

Ingo
Hi Ingo :)

Yes, I did register and confirm my email address again in order to sync the preset browser. First time sync went without a problem too. But after that and now still it doesn't work here. I suspect a server issue. Your SQL error message is pointing in that direction too I think.

Jakob is on hollidays as of today I think, but he said he would bring his laptop with him, so he probably can have a look at this when he's able to. I also noticed that in this version it isn't possible to delete a self made preset from the browser (only in full version). Too bad, because I accidently submitted the same patch twice :oops:

Anyway, good to see that you are participating in the beta, despite that your already so busy with other projects :D

"Aftertouch*LFO1" in the mod matrix is indeed an interesting idea!

Nielzie wrote:
"Aftertouch*LFO1" in the mod matrix is indeed an interesting idea!
Should be quite obvious i guess. I just need a way to add vibrato with aftertouch to e.g. lead sounds or some pad sounds. I do this in most of the presets i did for other synths. In the current mod matrix you only either assign Aftertouch to the LFO Speed or to the Pitch.

I guess i already mentioned this for version 1.

BTW the ARP Pro Soloist already used the same feature around 1970... :wink:

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote: I just need a way to add vibrato with aftertouch to e.g. lead sounds or some pad sounds. I do this in most of the presets i did for other synths. In the current mod matrix you only either assign Aftertouch to the LFO Speed or to the Pitch.

I guess i already mentioned this for version 1.
I'm not sure if it's already officially requested here on their uservoice forum, but if you or perhaps Jakob where adding it (or leading me to it) there I'd be more than happy to vote for this feature :)

I still can't sync presets on my system. Anyone else having this?

Nielzie wrote:I still can't sync presets on my system. Anyone else having this?
Hi Niels,

Sync is still not working here. I get the same error message as i mentioned in my post above.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

"Aftertouch*LFO1"
Agree to this - it's essential.

I checked the feature requests and Aftertouch is requested (but no mention of LFO).

I'm sure Jakob will join the dots.

Cheeer

Hey all! Sorry for only chiming in now.. had to take bit of a rest after lots of work before the Curve beta launch. Now enjoying 10 days of holidays -- but still with the laptop and pretty amazed at nice presets and - ho - lots of sales of VolumeShaper 3.

If you buy Curve or the Cableguys Bundle now, you'll get the upgrade to Curve 2 for free, for the price of Curve 1. There will not be any intro offer on Curve 2 (you might win Curve 2 and even lifetime-free-upgrades with an upcoming preset contest, though, but we'll compensate any winners who already own Curve).

Anyway, back to work, will answer all of your posts in a minute.

Thanks Nielzie for letting us know!

I've just looked into the database and what happened is this: You've saved a preset and changed its name to be empty afterwards (which will not be possible with the next beta any more). Then when uploading, the preset was not correctly added to the database, as we've defined that all presets need a name.

I've removed your preset from the database again. Please give all your presets a name and sync the database again; that should work now. Pretty happy over here.. finding and fixing bugs is always a great thing.

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:
Thanks Nielzie for letting us know!

I've just looked into the database and what happened is this: You've saved a preset and changed its name to be empty afterwards (which will not be possible with the next beta any more). Then when uploading, the preset was not correctly added to the database, as we've defined that all presets need a name.

I've removed your preset from the database again. Please give all your presets a name and sync the database again; that should work now. Pretty happy over here.. finding and fixing bugs is always a great thing.
Hi Jakob,

Hope you're doing fine there on vacation 8)

It was actually on purpose that I changed the name of that preset to be empty. I wanted to try if it would be possible (which shouldn't be of course). I changed the name back afterwards and synced again, but then I still wasn't able to sync, so I wasn't sure anymore if the empty name field was to blame :)

Return to “Instruments”