Native Instruments holiday gift - Free "Skanner" Reaktor ensemble!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whyterabbyt wrote:
GeorgeZ wrote:Ye, I actually have the emails still advertising it, and nowhere did it mention that it was a limited time offer
the one they called a 'Christmas gift'?

didn't realise Christmas was permanent. well, that's me off home for the rest of Christmas 1981...
Didn't realize folks had to return all their Christmas gifts to their givers after the holidays.

Why does my Skanner not look like this? It's just one little panel. Can you expand it?

(This says Skanner B. Was there a new version planned that didn't happen?)

osiris wrote:Image

Why does my Skanner not look like this? It's just one little panel. Can you expand it?

(This says Skanner B. Was there a new version planned that didn't happen?)
That's the B panel - more detail, more control. Go to the A/B buttons in the top left corner and click

Patton wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
GeorgeZ wrote:Ye, I actually have the emails still advertising it, and nowhere did it mention that it was a limited time offer

didn't realise Christmas was permanent. well, that's me off home for the rest of Christmas 1981...
Didn't realize folks had to return all their Christmas gifts to their givers after the holidays.
who had to return Skanner, then?

Thanks!!! I don't think I ever even noticed the A/B buttons. I always think A/B buttons as compare.

whyterabbyt wrote:
Patton wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:

This analogy works better if you think that the giving of the gift is like receiving a prezzie from Santa, if you miss him then you don't get the gift. And if you break it you don't get another.

Which is pretty stupid when you're talking about software and also why analogies like this are pants.

GaryG wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
Patton wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:

This analogy works better if you think that the giving of the gift is like receiving a prezzie from Santa, if you miss him then you don't get the gift. And if you break it you don't get another.

Which is pretty stupid when you're talking about software and also why analogies like this are pants.
yup

Suppose one has the installer, is it possible to get a serial still?

whyterabbyt wrote:
Patton wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:

Who is looking for the installer? lol.

Patton wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
Patton wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:

So, 'lost' or 'never owned'. Not 'returned'.

zeep wrote:Suppose one has the installer, is it possible to get a serial still?
Due to Native Instruments stupid policy of only giving the mac installer OR the PC installer, some of us 'ahem' had to register for 'ahem' 2 serials just to get the installers for both and 'may' still have one of the serials free...(and both installers)..... - pm

GaryG wrote:This analogy works better if you think that the giving of the gift is like receiving a prezzie from Santa, if you miss him then you don't get the gift. And if you break it you don't get another.

What analogy? I was just pointing out that Skanner was specifically called 'a christmas gift' in response to someone saying they didnt think it was a 'time limited offer'.

The comparison wouldn't really be with prezzies from Santa, but with seasonal promotional offers and freebies from shops and other vendors. Its not unknown for them to be descfibed as gifts. If you consider a short-term offer to be 'stupid' because its software, that's fine, but that doesnt change the fact that it was a short-term offer, and that it explains why it isnt still available. :shrug:
Last edited by whyterabbyt on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whyterabbyt wrote:
Patton wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
Patton wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:

So, 'lost' or 'never owned'. Not 'returned'.
So gift is only "permanent" when Christmas = false and analogy = ignored.

Patton wrote:So gift is only "permanent" when Christmas = false and analogy = ignored.
Now you're just babbling. I'll repeat, since it seems hard for you. If something is described as a 'christmas gift' dont expect it to be available forever; the description implies a short-term offer. That's the only assertion I made. And no analogy came with it.

Anything else you want to conjure out of that, it comes from your own imagination, so you might as well make your cryptic and incoherent comments to yourself, not me. K'thx,bye.

Maybe it will be out again for Easter? :lol:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Return to “Instruments”