Native Instruments holiday gift - Free "Skanner" Reaktor ensemble!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whyterabbyt wrote:
Patton wrote:Once more, the fact that other NI gifts weren't pulled after a few months is conveniently ignored. The fact that gifts based on a defunct product were only eventually pulled is also irrelevant. And the fact that a gift based on current products (Reaktor + Prism) is still available is beside the point.

No one has all the facts, but apparently you know better than the rest of us. Good for you.
You're completely right. This 'christmas gift' couldnt ever have only been available temporarily. Hence it must still be available. :shock:

Dont forget to assume next year's will always be available forever and ever too, because it will, just like you've proven.
Who exactly said these would be available forever? Seems to me folks were just surprised that the "gift" was quickly yanked. First cherry-picking (there's my favorite phrase again), now making stuff up.

Very clever.

Patton wrote:Who exactly said these would be available forever?
gee, first i say its temporary, and you want to pick a fight with that, then i say its permanent and you want to pick a fight with that.

f**k off, pugnacious troll. :tu:

whyterabbyt wrote:
Patton wrote:Who exactly said these would be available forever?
gee, first i say its temporary, and you want to pick a fight with that, then i say its permanent and you want to pick a fight with that.

f**k off, pugnacious troll. :tu:
Chill out, bro. You're the one that picked the fight with you 1981 Christmas sarcasm. Maybe approach the topic with less of that and more of a constructive tone next time. Yours is not the only opinion worthy of consideration or validation.

Patton wrote:Im the one that picked the fight over your 1981 Christmas joke.
ftfy. :tu:
Maybe approach the topic with less of that and more of a constructive tone next time. Yours is not the only opinion worthy of consideration or validation.
oh the hypocrisy. f**k off, pugnacious troll :tu:

Patton wrote: Once more, the fact that other NI gifts weren't pulled after a few months is conveniently ignored.
There were other christmas gifts from the past that got pulled. Such as the standalone version of Metaphysical Function released in '03, or the free loops and samples from 3 or so years ago.
"a confession without need of absolution, without need of redemption"

whyterabbyt wrote:
Patton wrote:Im the one that picked the fight over your 1981 Christmas joke.
ftfy. :tu:
Maybe approach the topic with less of that and more of a constructive tone next time. Yours is not the only opinion worthy of consideration or validation.
oh the hypocrisy. f**k off, pugnacious troll :tu:
Not quite there yet, but keep trying... :tu:

vespers75 wrote:
Patton wrote: Once more, the fact that other NI gifts weren't pulled after a few months is conveniently ignored.
There were other christmas gifts from the past that got pulled. Such as the standalone version of Metaphysical Function released in '03, or the free loops and samples from 3 or so years ago.
dont cherry-pick; we want as narrow a context as possible, otherwise it bothers the tr*ll.

Want something free and totally free (don't need to activate/authorize) ?
Then download INDEPENDENCE FREE from YELLOWTOOLS!
Its gorgeous and better than skanner!

I am so lucky I took my heart medicine before reading the last few pages of this thread. Instead of have a heart attack I only suffered a minor spasm which caused me to rattle a jar of loose pennies which startled my cat who knocked over a lamp which started a fire then I had to pee all over my living room couch to save us all especially my German Sheppard, Jerry, who has a gimp leg and never would have made it out of the inferno with his favorite blanket which he carries in his mouth everywhere he goes.

tldr: the skanner installer is actually an archive which you can right click/extract with 7zip if needed.
miedex

Keir @ NI wrote:
mgpqa1 wrote:Do NI make their annual Christmas freebies available year-round? Wondering if I should download the installers and back them up somewhere.
There is an expiry date of 01.01.12.
From page 1.

Nothing more need be said.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Again, what could possibly have been lost by making this "gift" something that never expired as long as the software was still supported?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Mushy Mushy wrote:
Keir @ NI wrote:
mgpqa1 wrote:Do NI make their annual Christmas freebies available year-round? Wondering if I should download the installers and back them up somewhere.
From page 1.

stop cherry-picking.

whyterabbyt wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:
Keir @ NI wrote:
From page 1.

stop cherry-picking.
:hihi:
Mate I'm out. Not getting involved ;)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

zerocrossing wrote:Again, what could possibly have been lost by making this "gift" something that never expired as long as the software was still supported?
do you mean not have the availability restricted?

it makes it a 'limited edition collectable,' basically. something that has more 'value' because you wont always be able to get it. if you've got it, you're one of the 'lucky few'.

it could be taken as being a relatively cynical marketing ploy, but neednt actually be that.

Mushy Mushy wrote:
Keir @ NI wrote:
From page 1.

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle!

My apologies for spreading rumors and misconceptions on KVR :-o
miedex

Return to “Instruments”