Insert Piz Here: midiChords (now for Mac (and with strumming)!).

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i think im running the one before the guitar version.

i have the gui related crashes in reaper, they dont happen when the gui is closed so its safe for gigs but when editing i have to be careful about not having the gui open when i send a program change and even just messing with it a lot w/o saving.

think i should get the guitar one?

Just wanted to mention piz iou a donation, and wanted to be subscribed to this thread. Wonderful plugins!
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

is there likely to ever be a mac version ?

topaz wrote:is there likely to ever be a mac version ?
:hyper:
"It dreamed itself along"

Mac version is out (Windows too, with strumming).

http://thepiz.org/plugins/?p=midiChords

The strumming is slightly better than just putting midiStrum after it, because it strums the "strings" in the correct order rather than just putting the notes in order of pitch.
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

thanks!

Oh, you DO, have a strummer. Wow, I was totally in the dark. If this works for me I will definitely donate (once I am out of the poor house, that is, but I promise I won't forget you). Thanks for doing this! :love: 8)

One suggestion: maybe renaming this thread to highlight the added strumming function---that will attract some people who might otherwise overlook it.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

Yes, midiStrum has been around for a while... I don't know how it compares to the strumming of the AAS Strum stuff. Haven't tried that yet.

The strumming in midiChords is kind of basic, but with some work you can probably set it up to work nicely. The main reason I added strumming to midiChords is that if you tried to strum ukulele chord voicings (with the re-entrant tuning) with midiStrum, it didn't know the correct note order.

I plan to improve the strumming of midiChords, or at least add features and examples/presets.
wrongtastic, baby

It seems to me you already have the makings of a pretty advanced dedicated strumming engine. If you used the fast chord detection you have in the chord detector with the chord library and visual feedback you seem to have put into midiChords, you would have a strummer that accepts real time polyphonic input and could put out the strummed midi on the other side.

My understanding of midiChords is that you have to set it up with preprogrammed chords first (or am I wrong about that)? If that's the case, you already have a very fast polyphonic chord detection system going in the detector you just released---why not just combine the two concepts and you would have what the AAS does. As far as I could tell, the chord detection is very quick in your other plug-in, so it seems like it would work in real time for a wide variety of chords. It would only need to detect/identify, then find the matching guitar voicing, then generate the staggered (strummed) chord midi.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

That's correct, in midiChords you have to set it up with the chords you want to use. With midiStrum you can hold any chord with one hand and strum with the other hand.

Using chord recognition and then looking up the standard guitar voicing is a good idea... I'll think about how I can add that.
wrongtastic, baby

Yea, from the look of things, it would just be a matter of pulling together the parts, most of which you have. This would really be a great product if it worked, and it would integrate visual feedback with the sound processing (which you have already started doing).

For reference, you might check the AAS products that do this. They have demos with (annoyingly frequent) dropouts, but no other limitations other than no saving.

They are very good and I was inches away from buying the electric one in the recent No Brainer, until I got stuck and had to conclude they decided not to allow independent MIDI output (which I think was a marketing mistake on their part). They have a drag and drop MIDI function but it is only to pull unprocessed chords or strum patterns from folders and insert them on your DAW tracks.

http://www.applied-acoustics.com/struma ... /overview/

I donated yesterday and i feel good about it. Do it you too! :D

Piz, your stuff absolutely rock in Mux! :love:
With midipadz, would it be much work adding knobs in addition to sliders? (i know you can make circular "sliders" but it would look better when making custom synths.. :) though using mux knob ui with midipadz works just fine!)

Big thanks for all your work!
:hug:

Oh I donated quite some time ago. It wasn't a fortune or anything.....but yeah, it's a great product!

I donated quite some time ago too, I did not regret.

Im really trying here so bear with me .. please :)

How do i resize the buttons in midiPadz? I've asked this before but i can't remember now. I've tried every possible combination of keys, scroll and mouseclicks. Well, obviously i haven't tried them all ... or?
:hug:

Return to “Instruments”