Insert Piz Here: midiChords (now for Mac (and with strumming)!).

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The chances of a Mac version are good. Hoping to do it very soon.
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

Hurrah! :love: :wink:

Trying to avoid updating this every day but I just added importing of Steinberg Chorder presets.

Version 1.0.3:
http://thepiz.org/pizmidi/midiChords.zip
http://thepiz.org/pizmidi/midiChords_x64.zip
wrongtastic, baby

Don't mean to sound too thick, But I can't figure this out.

I installed the plug (64bit).

My goal is this:
I would like to use it to trigger a chord to a Kontakt instrument ---- so I can play 1 key on my midi controller keyboard in a "live" situation. Is this possible.
If so, How can I set this up?

Not working so far. I will gladly donate if I can get this to work.

I am using a host (MOS) from Open Labs.

I've installed it correctly and can see the GUI and have set up two chords but can get the output to go thru to Kontakt.

Is this even possible?

Thanks
Rankonfile
| Forte 3 | BloXpander | Cubase 7
Plugins used : NI Komplete 8 | Halion 5 | OrangeTreeSamples instruments | Omnisphere | SynthMaster 2.6 | Tone 2 Saurus | Lounge Lizard EP-4 | Stylus RMX - etc.

thanks again for this amazing tool. It could be great to have a cc routing option. for exemple, if you 're using it with orchestral instruments ( like wivi or some kontakt libraries) most of the dynamic control comes from CC 1. actually, the cc control just goes to the channel from the controller, and it will be fantastic to rout it too to each channel.

thanks again for sharing your work
Best,
Damien

damstraversaz wrote:thanks again for this amazing tool. It could be great to have a cc routing option. for exemple, if you 're using it with orchestral instruments ( like wivi or some kontakt libraries) most of the dynamic control comes from CC 1. actually, the cc control just goes to the channel from the controller, and it will be fantastic to rout it too to each channel.

Best,
Damien
Can you help me?
Rankonfile
Plugins used : NI Komplete 8 | Halion 5 | OrangeTreeSamples instruments | Omnisphere | SynthMaster 2.6 | Tone 2 Saurus | Lounge Lizard EP-4 | Stylus RMX - etc.

sorry , but I think it depends of your host, witch I don't know. you must rout the midi outpout from midichords to the midi track ( whith you midi instrument)

Damien

damstraversaz wrote:sorry , but I think it depends of your host, witch I don't know. you must rout the midi outpout from midichords to the midi track ( whith you midi instrument)

Damien
Exactly.
Rankonfile

rank wrote:I am using a host (MOS) from Open Labs.
I don't know anything about this host, but if there is a demo version I'll see if it's possible to use MIDI plugins with it.
wrongtastic, baby

insertpizhere wrote:
rank wrote:I am using a host (MOS) from Open Labs.
I don't know anything about this host, but if there is a demo version I'll see if it's possible to use MIDI plugins with it.
Thanks for looking into this.
oh yes, I use all plugs with it....some listed below (NI, Omnisphere, etc)

http://www.openlabs.com/MOSResources.html
Rankonfile

damstraversaz wrote:thanks again for this amazing tool. It could be great to have a cc routing option. for exemple, if you 're using it with orchestral instruments ( like wivi or some kontakt libraries) most of the dynamic control comes from CC 1. actually, the cc control just goes to the channel from the controller, and it will be fantastic to rout it too to each channel.

Best,
Damien
Good point. I'll add this for the next update.
wrongtastic, baby

I get everything routed ok I think:

midi controller---> MidiChords---->Kontakt------>sound out

I see MidiChords do it's thing (with a single note to chord setting, then it passes only a single note through to Kontakt. Kontakt plays sound of the same single note i trigger.
Rankonfile

In that case, MOS is probably not using the MIDI output of midiChords. Many hosts overlook this or make it inconvenient to use...

One way you can still use midiChords is to put it and the VSTi (Kontakt, etc) inside a subhost such as energyXT, Bidule, Usine, and so on. Other than that, your best bet is probably to request this feature (routing of VST MIDI output) from Open Labs.

I did install the demo but it won't run because I have less than 2 gigs of RAM... it actually told me to buy more RAM (which won't help, because my computer is maxed out at 1.5 gigs).
wrongtastic, baby

insertpizhere wrote:In that case, MOS is probably not using the MIDI output of midiChords. Many hosts overlook this or make it inconvenient to use...

your best bet is probably to request this feature (routing of VST MIDI output) from Open Labs.
Actually, this host has extensive midi routing capabilities (fairly easy) and I use it on key splits for multiple channels and a lot of VSTs at once.

I do thank you for your help. I sent an email to Open Labs tech support as well, they think that Midichords isn't working properly.

I do appreciate you trying though.

I am probably just doing something wrong.
Rankonfile

Whatever features MOS has for midi routing, if midiChords does not work, all I can say is that it probably does not support midi output from VST plugins.
wrongtastic, baby

Return to “Instruments”