Steinberg Padshop

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uncle E wrote:Personally, I think the the Padshop demos sound better than Absynth.
I doubt I would have purchased Komplete (because the stuff I already had was good enough) if I had started with Cubase 6.5. Both of the new synths provide a lot of playable patches. Halion Sonic SE does too. I wonder what I will install next time I switch computers.

The synths stand up to the included stuff in Logic, which was, I think, the goal.

shit, for fifty bones you can't go wrong.

Aerio wrote:
When your dongle gets lost or broken, you will lose all your product licenses.
Wrong. When you registered your Steinberg software on the Steinberg page, you'll only have to buy an enpty dongle (20 USD) and contact your local Steinberg distributor. They'll wil recover your Steinberg licences.
I am talking off personal experience.

Roger

dreadnought wrote: You use something called Ableton Live? Sorry, never heard of it.
Although I'd like to see Pad Shop as VST 2 as well, but...Why should Steinberg care about supporting Ableton Live, if Ableton themself programs Ableton instruments, which are incompatible with any other host than Ableton?

Roger

(Because Ableton wants to establish thir own plugin format.)

Uncle E wrote: Why are people criticizing Steinberg for making this VST3-only rather than criticizing their hosts for not supporting VST3?
Exactly!

Roger

Uncle E wrote:FWIW, the e-licencer is a great system, I can't understand why anyone would be unhappy with it.
Because they onlñy have two or three USB ports on their crappy Macs...!!!

:lol:

Roger

I was looking forward to padshop from when it was first announced. I missed atmosphere when I went 64bit, and couldn't afford Omnisphere, so this slots in nicely at an affordable price.

Happy with it so far!
Music for films that will never be made
sineglidermusic.bandcamp.com

inboxzero wrote:I was looking forward to padshop from when it was first announced. I missed atmosphere when I went 64bit, and couldn't afford Omnisphere, so this slots in nicely at an affordable price.

Happy with it so far!
You can still run Atmosphere as 32-bit if your host will allow it. I did until I got Omni.

Uncle E wrote:Why are people criticizing Steinberg for making this VST3-only rather than criticizing their hosts for not supporting VST3?
True enough.

Cheers,
OC

Roger-S. wrote:
Uncle E wrote:FWIW, the e-licencer is a great system, I can't understand why anyone would be unhappy with it.
Because they onlñy have two or three USB ports on their crappy Macs...!!!

:lol:

Roger
Can you still stick it on your dongle if you have one?

Padshop as VST2 make no sense at all. Padshop supports Note Expression and this is a VST3 thing. VST3 is the preferred format from Steinberg with some improvements over VST2. Yes, if Steinberg makes some good VST3 plug-ins where also non-Cubase users have interest, it could help to force other hosts to support VST3 ;) Maybe it's part of the idea.

Will be a demo version anytime soon?

4damind wrote:Padshop as VST2 make no sense at all. Padshop supports Note Expression and this is a VST3 thing. VST3 is the preferred format from Steinberg with some improvements over VST2. Yes, if Steinberg makes some good VST3 plug-ins where also non-Cubase users have interest, it could help to force other hosts to support VST3 ;) Maybe it's part of the idea.
It's just a pity that even the couple of other hosts that do load VST3 plugins do not so far support the whole spec, including note expression.

At only $50 I'm seriously thinking of picking this one up...shameful that custom WAV import isn't included, though :(.
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

Uncle E wrote:It sounds to me like you've hit the nail on the head. It'd be cool if the development of Padshop provides some enhanced functionality to Halion in a future update, as well.
Well, it's more like HALion providing enhanced functionality to Padshop ;) As with Retrologue, which should be regarded as a (pretty hugely) feature cut version of the HALion 4 VA, Padshop also appears to draw heavily from the HALion engine, which is why it's inherited some nice things like the ability to continue sustaining an old sound even after the new one has loaded.

If they add the Granular stuff to HALion it'll mean it's capable of doing more than Padshop even before you get to the bit about importing your own samples and layering all the other synthesis possibilities on top. It seems, just as with MOTU, Steinberg will maybe figure that if you can't beat NI's sampler then at least try to out-synth it ;) Be nice to get Yamaha to draw on some of its FM heritage for that purpose too.

Uncle E wrote: Why are people criticizing Steinberg for making this VST3-only rather than criticizing their hosts for not supporting VST3?
Cause the majority of the plugin developers don't care about releasing VST3 versions of their plugins, maybe? :shrug:

Return to “Instruments”