Tone2 Saurus Teaser - Competition - KVR Giveaway

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Saurus 4

Urs wrote: I'm only interested in how you come to the conclusion that our software is less accurately modeled than yours ("a mere approximation"), and badly optimised. Because this is what you say and this is where I'm pretty sure you're wrong.
With all due respect but the "..mere approximation.." never referenced you or your software, what happened was that someone quoted you on the use of 0-delay on page 18, page 45 you took a dig at our marketing text and officially made it into the whole Saurus vs. Diva thing.
Did we reference you inside this thread, yes we did, but only in reference to the "No worries. Many filters have been 0-delay for a long time, even MFM 1.0 had them, back in 2002....." quote.
Urs wrote: You put that out in the public, not me. Really, putting my name out there in the first place felt pretty much like an invitation, no?
Since when do you need an invitation to join in a competitors thread? you posted within half a day in this thread which at the time had nothing to do with Diva or any of your other products. Call it common courtesy, a multitude of companies here manage to stay out of each other's product threads yet somehow I see you or one of the people you work with slowly steer the conversation towards your products.

Bastiaan from Tone2.com wrote:never referenced you or your software
Are you saying I'm not a competitor?

Bastiaan from Tone2.com wrote:what happened was that someone quoted you on the use of 0-delay on page 18, page 45 you took a dig at our marketing text and officially made it into the whole Saurus vs. Diva thing.
No. What happened was that your marketing burp was misunderstood by a customer of mine. Because it is misleading and full of wrongful accusations.

I have then pointed out that you're using a misnomer (wrong term) to describe a technology that we use.

What comes around, goes around.

Sorry,but these thread becoming..........

12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

Urs wrote:
Bastiaan from Tone2.com wrote:what happened was that someone quoted you on the use of 0-delay on page 18, page 45 you took a dig at our marketing text and officially made it into the whole Saurus vs. Diva thing.
No. What happened was that your marketing burp was misunderstood by a customer of mine. Because it is misleading and full of wrongful accusations.

I have then pointed out that you're using a misnomer (wrong term) to describe a technology that we use.

What comes around, goes around.
LOL

Gangsta

Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

stop
"It dreamed itself along"

i'm very sorry, that something ewnt wrong in this thread!

i really like urs products and i really like tone2 products...
and i really hope that you guys can put your proud away... and just let it go!
otherwise it would destroy that good image of both of you!
you're both respected by the whole scene - so why put that to risk?!!

cheers, Bjulin
https://audile.shop - the quality controlled sound shop
http://bjulin.de

Bjulin I am with you on this......I have lots of respect for both Urs and Bastiaan.....ideally both would apologise privately, if not please let it go....

rsp
sound sculptist

This is painful actually. 2 developer with great products have to go through this kind of debate. :(
musisikamar.com

What if they would share their technical knowledge and build the ultimate VA synth together in collaboration :love: :D
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

DIVA+Saurus=WHALE :arrow: :party:
"It dreamed itself along"

If there's a lesson to be had here, it's that aggressive comparative marketing is usually a bad idea. Not to pour more oil into the fire, but it's strange that it's always Tone 2 that provokes these kinds of discussions. And don't even try to talk yourselves out of it now and pretend innocence. Everyone here knows which "competitor" you were so slyly referencing in your marketing blurb.

You make really good synths, you shouldn't feel the need to blow your trumpet quite so loudly.

ariston wrote:If there's a lesson to be had here, it's that aggressive comparative marketing is usually a bad idea. Not to pour more oil into the fire, but it's strange that it's always Tone 2 that provokes these kinds of discussions. And don't even try to talk yourselves out of it now and pretend innocence. Everyone here knows which "competitor" you were so slyly referencing in your marketing blurb.

You make really good synths, you shouldn't feel the need to blow your trumpet quite so loudly.
+1

Now saying goodbye to this thread :)

Cheers
Dennis

mellotronaut wrote:stop
...collaborate and listen...

next?
:wink:

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
mellotronaut wrote:stop
...collaborate and listen...

next?