Tone2 Saurus Teaser - Competition - KVR Giveaway

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Saurus 4

Tone2 filters are always amazing. Best thing about their synths imo. Even if they didn't improve them from ElectraX/gladiator. What I'm interested to hear is the oscillator sound. There is so much talk about filters with new VA synths but that's not all their is of course.

What's been interesting about tone2 synths so far is that they have a nice digital sound (crisp and clean) but with nice analog sounding filters. I wonder what the full on analog attempt will be like. It is also impressive how low cpu their synths are.

The name "Saurus" seems a little cheeky given the existing name Dinosaur Impersonating Virtual Analog". ;)

EvilDragon wrote:
bmanic wrote:There are so many ways of implementing filters (at least as I understand it through my layman read of wikipedia and such) that I'm quite sure it's not just snake-oil.. but who knows.
They mention "0-delay" filters, but that's completely different from "0-feedback-delay" filters that Diva sports. Also, if there were any simpler and less CPU demanding methods of doing such component modelled filters as in Diva, don't you think u-he would use those instead of what they used to achieve it?
I don't know. I only know that Gladiator and Electra X's filters sound amazing. I don't care what technology was used to create them but they are genuinely brilliant. They react to how hard you drive them (meaning oscillator volume -> filter) and even seem to be weirdly program dependent (some of them) so that go a bit weird and unstable with certain material. I love it! :D

Anyhow, the proof is in the pudding so we shall see when Saurus is released.

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Yes, the filters are great with eg. Gladitor if this psychoacoustic stuff is disabled. I expect the filters in this analog "Saurus" (circuit modelled?) synth will be also very great. The first page shows also 4x Unison, Stereo spread and stuff so there are all good ideas implemented from the start.
Will be a interesting new synth and I expect a good sound like U-He Diva but without the big CPU usage.

I'd like to get a smell of Warmverbs vocoding capabilities :hihi:
In process of making music that reeks of turd

... like U-He Diva but without the big CPU usage.
Probably not even what you meant, consider this is intentionally a straw-man argument. A sound that's similar to the sound of DIVA would be a surprise to me.

Part of that would be, at least on sounds that emphasize where DIVA is really pretty radically different from prior art in terms of modeling multiple components in the signal path.

Another part that I think may be underestimated about DIVA is just in the details - amazing synths were chosen as source material, u-he has always been great for high standards of musicality, and the strategy of the UI is smartly done, feels much trimmer than a lot of soft synths even of similar complexity.
4damind wrote: Will be a interesting new synth and I expect a good sound
Absolutely, Tone2 has proven capable of putting out good sounding synths. Irrespective of technical details I've always liked Tone2's filters and appreciate the sonic & musical aesthetics Tone2 goes after. Can't wait to hear Saurus.

Crackbaby wrote:
djanthonyw wrote:
szalonykp wrote:still no audio demos :(...
Exactly... that's what should come first.
Haha wasn't that guy with the virus simulator getting bashed big time because he only had audio demos? :D

No GUI, no synth! lol

The synth is looking more and more interesting :)
but I'm not bashing anyone :) just waiting for audio demos - that's all. :)

I'd love to win something from you guys! Never won something like this before

Nice looking synths!

Like the interfaces and the layout seems straightforward enough.

I definitely like that things are laid out logically and clearly, so that one doesn't have to be a "rocket scientists" to learn the functions and parameters.

I'll be keeping an eye on this one for sure!
Disco flangus shenanigans

When is it released ?

If it sounds anywhere near as good as ElectraX, this should be awesome!

andrew71 wrote:If it sounds anywhere near as good as ElectraX, this should be awesome!
+1

Saurus Analog Synthesizer
Can we assume that your next product will be called "Sini Soog" ?

And seriously now... waiting to hear it :tu:

Have to give this one a listen.

andrew71 wrote:If it sounds anywhere near as good as ElectraX, this should be awesome!
I'm more interested to see if sounds different to using ElectraX with teh analog waveforms. Or if it's largely repackaged, streamlined version with only analog modelling. No doubt it will sound good though.

I still want tone2 to add granular sampling to either an existing synth or a new one. ElectraX with granular rather than just straight sampling would be great.

I want filterbank!

Return to “Instruments”