Tone2 Saurus Teaser - Competition - KVR Giveaway

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Saurus 4

CapnLockheed wrote:drtpowjtjywbojyopwhjbipjerhgp3rkongaeronkgposernrnrnrnrnrnrnrnrnrnayio[eho'[whibtjweriohvpiojbdasofibpsdionvgeiodngsrhibgonSERAO{INgAEIONGvAEIONg[oqEH9- 5Th30rhj[w0 qihfpioAEUbgp93H QT=0hjWEGO)J][AWEJOvg[0SDINGvio[SNHGI{ehjT Q3i0ht[q3y8 15=[TRHJ9Q3][ 9FJ]-qw)fjG]0-qEH(GQ(g}(_E4HJT9-J q]e-o0fj]poAJSDGV{giweh[gh[WEIOWEIOWEIOWEIOWEIOWEIOWEIOvjnAEI)vg[AEHIgu9y24-5y3rhj[2io wnfQWBpugqrhf['
You reading my mind again Cap'n? :lol:
Eternitysound VST Banks

What a generous giveaway!
I demoed some of tone2's products before. Although I eventually picked the competitor's product at the time, they were quite neat and I'm still looking for a chance to get them. And now it's time to see how ElectraX perform... :wink:

djanthonyw wrote:Audio demos?
+1

breakmixer wrote:
djanthonyw wrote:Audio demos?
+1
Audio demos should become available as soon as we're done with all sound design :)

Let's dooo this!! :wheee:

pdxindy wrote:
zerocrossing wrote: The rumor is that calling home doesn't happen. My firewall caught it in the act.
So what happens if you don't let it talk to home?
The plug in refuses to work.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I have Tone2 Firebird, I have a firewall. It has never tried to call home. It works magnificently. In fact, it's on a computer that is rarely on the net, except for maybe the two seconds it takes to update the virus scan.

DELETED

zerocrossing wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
zerocrossing wrote: The rumor is that calling home doesn't happen. My firewall caught it in the act.
That seems an absurd statement. So, that means that there is a whole segment of the unconnected market where Tone2 products won't work? I hardly think so ! That's not entirely rational now is it?
Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio : Reason 10

audiobot202 wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
That seems an absurd statement. So, that means that there is a whole segment of the unconnected market where Tone2 products won't work? I hardly think so ! That's not entirely rational now is it?
It has absolutely nothing to do with rationality. It is my first hand experience confirmed by the developer. Why would you say a blunt declaration of fact is "absurd?" You saw the quote I posted, no? I didn't make this up.

I'm done with this debate, as it's not really up for debate. It is as stated. If you've decided to deny the plain facts, be my guest. As instruments Tone2 plugs are great. Their business strategies... are less than great in my opinion.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
This can not simply be true. I have both Gladiator 1 and Gladiator 2 running just fine on my studio computer which has never been connected to the internet. :shrug:

Very weird.. and I got Gladiator 1 before all the controversy.

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

zerocrossing wrote: I'm done with this debate, as it's not really up for debate. It is as stated. If you've decided to deny the plain facts, be my guest. As instruments Tone2 plugs are great. Their business strategies... are less than great in my opinion.
Now hold on a minute.. what you are basically doing here, from MY point of view, is spreading unconfirmed rumors. It may or may not be true in your situation but like my post above clearly states, I have had zero problems with any Tone 2 products that I own. The computer is not even connected to the net!

It'd be nice to get an answer from Tone2 on this issue once again.

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

are you guys even talking about the same plug-in? I thought he said it was warmverb that did it.

well I don't expect to win anything but once again ill ask about cpu utilization and or a minimum/recommended computer spec?

but doubt ill get even a reply about that.

zerocrossing wrote:
audiobot202 wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
It has absolutely nothing to do with rationality. It is my first hand experience confirmed by the developer. Why would you say a blunt declaration of fact is "absurd?" You saw the quote I posted, no? I didn't make this up.

I'm done with this debate, as it's not really up for debate. It is as stated. If you've decided to deny the plain facts, be my guest. As instruments Tone2 plugs are great. Their business strategies... are less than great in my opinion.
It's absurd because by your logic, if a computer is not connected to the net, then the plugins don't work. If this is true, then Tone2 probably need to rethink their target market. Despite your own experiences, I have also read reports to the contrary in terms of phoning home.
Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio : Reason 10

Return to “Instruments”