Tone2 Saurus Teaser - Competition - KVR Giveaway

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Saurus 4

fluffy_little_something wrote:I prefer user feedback ;)

One thing I noticed about the labels, there are few abbreviations, like FREQ or RESO, always without the period. Oddly, they have used two different abbreviations for feedback, FEEDB. and FEEDBA., both with the period. Very inconsistent, not to mention superfluous as there is enough space to spell feedback out. I hate sloppy minds...
I don't think it's a big deal, but you can tell them what you think on their forum.

Of course it is not a big deal. But things like that strike me immediately. They make me wonder if the code is equally sloppy :hihi:

Anyway, why would I register on the Tone2 board just to write something like that when I don't even own any Tone2 stuff and when there is a thread on Saurus here on KVR?

I also noticed that many of the good Saurus sounds are by default with unison, chorus, delay and/or reverb on. When turning all those things off, the sound becomes rather thin like with any other synth.

The filters (or oscillators?) have a certain nasal, white-noise characteristic in my view, which gives the whole synth a somewhat plasticky touch. But while it sounds ugly with single notes, it tends to sound good on chords. Is that what they mean by their psycho blablabla technology? :roll:

fluffy_little_something wrote:Of course it is not a big deal. But things like that strike me immediately. They make me wonder if the code is equally sloppy :hihi:

I also noticed that many of the good Saurus sounds are by default with unison, chorus, delay and/or reverb on. When turning all those things off, the sound becomes rather thin like with any other synth.
About it sounding "thin", I don't think it does, and it doesn't need all those effects to sound good. I just finished making a little over 30 presets of my own with Saurus, so I know it pretty well now.

Return to “Instruments”