Tone2 Saurus Teaser - Competition - KVR Giveaway

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Saurus 4

As I said before, I wish Markus and his team all the best with this product. Our Q&A has bought a license and we think it's a good and solid product. One of the few that have real self-oscillating filters. That's a spiffy achievement and deserves a lot of kudos.

However, the marketing burp alongside several FAQs caused a lot of confusion on our side as well as on the side of several potential and actual customers. A few simple changes could correct the notion that Tone2 is referencing to us or any of our products. And then we're good.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
mellotronaut wrote:stop
...collaborate and listen...

next?
:wink:
Ice is back with my brand new invention

In before the lock :hihi:

Bastiaan from Tone2.com wrote:
Teksonik wrote: Are the demo restrictions as bad as with ElectraX? When I tried to demo ElectraX during one of it's many "call home, open the Tone 2 website" episodes my computer locked up and after that would not boot. The boot sector was corrupt and I had to repair my system. I can't say for sure ElectraX was at fault as it could have just been a coincidence but I'm not taking any chances with any more Tone 2 demos.....and since I don't buy what I can't demo.......... :shrug:
Hi Marc,

I'm sorry to hear you experienced system problems but it would be nothing more then a coincidence that it happened while running the ElectraX demo.
Our demos simply do not work that way. No call home either, the demo just opened the ElectraX product page at the end of the trial, nothing more and
nothing less.

-Bastiaan-
Sorry but the ElectraX demo opened up the Tone 2 site several times during the session. It's been over a year so my memory may not be that clear but I do remember being annoyed by how many times it opened up the Tone 2 site. Like I said it might have just been a coincidence that I had the boot sector corrupted during one of those call homes....... but it's made me very cautious about your demos......
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Urs wrote:As I said before, I wish Markus and his team all the best with this product. Our Q&A has bought a license and we think it's a good and solid product. One of the few that have real self-oscillating filters. That's a spiffy achievement and deserves a lot of kudos.

However, the marketing burp alongside several FAQs caused a lot of confusion on our side as well as on the side of several potential and actual customers. A few simple changes could correct the notion that Tone2 is referencing to us or any of our products. And then we're good.
Sure Urs, that's no problem. I'm glad to see that there is peace!
"We hereby officially mention that our marketing texts do not reference and never referenced to U-he or any one the U-he's products."

If you want we can also add some additonal lines to our texts, so it is more clear to your potential customers that we do not reference to you.

I do also agree that this debatte shound be 'STOPPED' and we should collaborate in a constructive way to create great products.

All The Best,
Markus

Markus from Tone2.com wrote:
Urs wrote:As I said before, I wish Markus and his team all the best with this product. Our Q&A has bought a license and we think it's a good and solid product. One of the few that have real self-oscillating filters. That's a spiffy achievement and deserves a lot of kudos.

"We hereby officially mention that our marketing texts do not reference and never referenced to U-he or any one the U-he's products."

If you want we can also add some additonal lines to our texts, so it is more clear to your potential customers that we do not reference to you.

I do also agree that this debatte shound be 'STOPPED' and we should collaborate in a constructive way to create great products.

All The Best,
Markus
:tu:

Teksonik wrote:
Bastiaan from Tone2.com wrote:
Teksonik wrote: Are the demo restrictions as bad as with ElectraX? When I tried to demo ElectraX during one of it's many "call home, open the Tone 2 website" episodes my computer locked up and after that would not boot. The boot sector was corrupt and I had to repair my system. I can't say for sure ElectraX was at fault as it could have just been a coincidence but I'm not taking any chances with any more Tone 2 demos.....and since I don't buy what I can't demo.......... :shrug:
Hi Marc,

I'm sorry to hear you experienced system problems but it would be nothing more then a coincidence that it happened while running the ElectraX demo.
Our demos simply do not work that way. No call home either, the demo just opened the ElectraX product page at the end of the trial, nothing more and
nothing less.

-Bastiaan-
Sorry but the ElectraX demo opened up the Tone 2 site several times during the session. It's been over a year so my memory may not be that clear but I do remember being annoyed by how many times it opened up the Tone 2 site. Like I said it might have just been a coincidence that I had the boot sector corrupted during one of those call homes....... but it's made me very cautious about your demos......
Think you need to RTM more tbh m8. You obviously dunno how to use a computer.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Bjulin wrote:...put your proud away...
I'm totally stealing this phrase. :hihi:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

LeVzi wrote:.............
Teksonik wrote:....................

Think you need to RTM more tbh m8. You obviously dunno how to use a computer.
There actually was a 'problem' where if you clicked on many places in the top portion of the vsti when it came out that it would go to the tone 2 site.....It was later changed, but I certainly remember emailing Bastiaan about it, as it was a huge nuisance.

rsp

edit:

here it was:

I thought it was just the demo, but everytime I click near your browser on ElectraX it takes me online to your site......please please please don't let it do that.. it becomes very annoying, very quickly.
thanks
rsp

All The Best,
Markus
Huge round of applause! Thanks for keeping a level head in the end. :tu:

Now let's get back to petty bickering over whether Saurus sounds like a "real analogue"... heh.

Bought it, by the way. I really like it so far, it's a very nice sounding VA. I even like the gritty digital artefacts, they're like the salt in the soup, as we say in Germany.

All The Best,
Markus
Hey, hmmm... that sounds a bit explicit. No need to post a disclaimer.

Why don't you just replace "oscillator of competing product" and similar with "traditional digital oscillator" or something? We use the term "common digital filter technology" to refer to e.g. biquad filters, this works perfectly for the purpose IMHO. It even includes our other products, hence comes across neutral.

I think that avoiding the word "competition" in any way is a pretty good thing. Lets your stuff speak for itself and doesn't upset anyone :)

Thing is, I only know of 3 commercially available synthesizers that have zero-delay-feedback-filters, including Saurus and Diva. There may be more, but then these won't be commonly known. And reference to "other 0-delay feedback filters" would always be a biot of a direct stab. I'd be grateful if such direct comparisons would be avoided.

;) Urs

And that's why I love you.....(in an admiring non intimate way of course :-))......well that and your products of course.....but yes, I think that makes the most sense....... as you suggest above Urs.

rsp

zvenx wrote:And that's why I love you.....(in an admiring non intimate way of course :-))......well that and your products of course.....but yes, I think that makes the most sense....... as you suggest above Urs.

rsp
:tu:
"It dreamed itself along"

I hope there will be peace finally. Kudos to both Urs and Bastiaan for their last comments here (and for their great products).

@Markus and Bastiaan:
I got the full version of Surus so i don't have those problems but i could understand that the current limitations of the Saurus demo could be frustrating.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Urs wrote:
Thing is, I only know of 3 commercially available synthesizers that have zero-delay-feedback-filters, including Saurus and Diva.

;) Urs
What's the last one? Saurus and diva are only 2. Never knew there was another one... i'm intrigued .
musisikamar.com

xamido wrote:
Urs wrote:
Thing is, I only know of 3 commercially available synthesizers that have zero-delay-feedback-filters, including Saurus and Diva.

;) Urs
What's the last one? Saurus and diva are only 2. Never knew there was another one... i'm intrigued .

Its this plugin
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Return to “Instruments”