RELATED
PRODUCTS
Saurus 4

audiobot202 wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:
audiobot202 wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
zerocrossing wrote: The rumor is that calling home doesn't happen. My firewall caught it in the act.
So what happens if you don't let it talk to home?
The plug in refuses to work.
That seems an absurd statement. So, that means that there is a whole segment of the unconnected market where Tone2 products won't work? I hardly think so ! That's not entirely rational now is it?
It has absolutely nothing to do with rationality. It is my first hand experience confirmed by the developer. Why would you say a blunt declaration of fact is "absurd?" You saw the quote I posted, no? I didn't make this up.

I'm done with this debate, as it's not really up for debate. It is as stated. If you've decided to deny the plain facts, be my guest. As instruments Tone2 plugs are great. Their business strategies... are less than great in my opinion.
It's absurd because by your logic, if a computer is not connected to the net, then the plugins don't work. If this is true, then Tone2 probably need to rethink their target market. Despite your own experiences, I have also read reports to the contrary in terms of phoning home.

What was said, in a thread many moons ago, was that *some* users, when the plug-in phoned home, had their plug-in disabled as it was reporting that it was a pirated version. Only some users.
Tone2's plugs work fine with no internet connection but my experience with them is when there is one they, as well as other plugs like Nexus, Xfers stuff, do automatically phone home unless blocked by a firewall.

Also, anyone confirm if Electrax actually has a randomizer?
"What embecile composed this list :/"

Nope, no randomize... it'd be near (if not COMPLETELY) impossible to get that to work well with the 4 layers.
Eternitysound VST Banks

GeorgeZ wrote:Nope, no randomize... it'd be near (if not COMPLETELY) impossible to get that to work well with the 4 layers.
Ah well. Thanks for answering that.
"What embecile composed this list :/"

bmanic wrote: It'd be nice to get an answer from Tone2 on this issue once again.
bManic
There are two different things getting mixed up here, the issue Zerocrossing is referring to was a bug in Warmverb which was fixed with the last update, the other issue is the problem some users experienced with the unofficial distribution of Gladiator.

Obviously I can not go into details concerning our copy protection however I can assure you that if our software would stop working without a net connection we'd have a lot of complaints and support calls on our hands.

To all: perhaps we could let this one go and get back to the thread's original purpose?

Updated image and key feature list ;)

this is the only synth i must have in 2012 :)

Is this using the same psychoacoustic(?) thing, like all other tone2 synths?

There are loads of plug-ins that have the option that if you click the logo or click somewhere on the GUI, it takes you to the homepage, like a check for updates or something, so that could have easily been the reason not just a Tone2 or ANY plug-in would try to connect to the companies homepage.

I have most of the Tone2 plug-ins and not one has ever tried to call home on me, ever.

ET tried to phone home, warmverb is happy here with me ;)
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Bumping the thread to enter the contest. :)

Please fill in those boxes on the graphic :D

Cheers,
Marc

Bastiaan from Tone2.com wrote:
bmanic wrote: It'd be nice to get an answer from Tone2 on this issue once again.
bManic
There are two different things getting mixed up here, the issue Zerocrossing is referring to was a bug in Warmverb which was fixed with the last update, the other issue is the problem some users experienced with the unofficial distribution of Gladiator.

Obviously I can not go into details concerning our copy protection however I can assure you that if our software would stop working without a net connection we'd have a lot of complaints and support calls on our hands.

To all: perhaps we could let this one go and get back to the thread's original purpose?
Awesome! That clears it then.

Sorry Zerocrossing for doubting you! :D

Looking forward to the new synth guys!

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Gladiator has been on my machine here for years and my FW hasn't skwaked eva!!

One of the most distinct sounding in my stable ; always reach for the glad for leads .

Good luck with the new synth Tone2 .... It'll be hard for me to NOT DEMO .. ( see sig ...)
Financial solvency and KVR Mix as well as oil and water.

LFOs capable of running at audio-rate modulation
:D

Comp entry

BITWORD wrote:Please fill in those boxes on the graphic :D

Cheers,
Marc
+1

:D

Return to “Instruments”