NI Massive in the year of 2012

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I also recommend you to check often at KVR market place. I sold a copy of massive a few days ago for 65 USD...

you should really give the demo a spin. for me - Massive is a no brainer for any electronica/dance/dnb/dubstep producer. and if you're not so keen on making your own patches from scratch - you can easily edit the ones made by others in a way that suits you more - lots of modulation possibilities, internal mod sidechaining, etc etc. and dont get fulled by the picture of Massive being "the dubstep synth" - there are a lot of such banks around because it's just so easy to do them in Massive, but there are tons of other sounds it's capable of.

and +1 to having a look at marketplace - I was searching for Reaktor 5 license and eventually ended up buying Komplete 5 at great price, which as said earlier includes Kontakt 3 (still very capable, 64bit update possible), FM8, Reaktor and Massive (all of which can be updated to latest versions including 64bit support). Sadly Absynth 4 which is there too didnt get 64bit upgrade, as it's very powerful, but you can get an cheap upgrade to Absynth 5 then ;)

Seems to be just fine piece of instrument. Nothing spectacular but put sums up quite nicely the sound of now. While demoing I was most impressed by GUI, and that's probably THE reason I've been thinking this instrument all these years.

I'd buy this for 50 - 70€, but I'm in no hurry so let's see what happens...

Massive never really clicked me until now. Well, the last month or so... Check out the Age of Transitions or Massive Spheres 3rd party packs. Or the new chip tunes pack from Xenos. I went for years and never used it in a track. Now I can't seem to get enough of it. It is extremely unique and versatile - don't let the factory presets fool you.

Lotuzia wrote:
Sound often speaks better than .... rants.

Separate instruments ( one instance each time. Only Massive ) :

Wave Grooves Step 3

Wave Grooves Step 2

Some WG Keys and Basses

Numerous other audio demos at Wave Grooves -210 Massive instruments- page

LtZ
These are great examples of sounds people wouldn't think you'd get from Massive. I think it can also do very good VA sounds, but does tend to steer away from these.

Return to “Instruments”