Sonic Academy ANA V1.5 OUT NOW!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA

looking forward to the demo

I pretty much only checked some bass presets yesterday and i found them very usable. Probably somehow like Nexus. I really like the g-env or what it's called. Multipoint env so to speak, graphically editable and a wide range of routing options. There is some really nice stuff in this, glad i got it.
no sig

Why do I want to buy this? It doesn't even have oscillator interactions! (PWM, sync, FM, ring, etc). I think it's just the sound of the filters and oscillators I like. So tempting... GAH!

If you added some more synthesis functions to this, like those above, I'd have already probably bought it.

I'm an idiot, though. I have like every synth :cry:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

ANA V1.01 Update Available now

Current users can download from their "My Account" page under "Downloads > Synths"

We got all the main bugs sorted and got some optimization.

ANA 1.01

ALL

Optimisation of Presets and 32 bit Plugin should give most users better CPU usage.

PC

Fixed 32bit plugin issues on x64 machine
Fixed x64 Crashes when selecting categories
Fixed GUI closing bug
Saving license file to desktop will be automatically picked up when YES is clicked on registration

MAC

Fixed Modulation Wheel bug causing crashes when assigned to filters
Fixed GUI closing Bug

Wow, this is quick! Thanks Phil for this fantastic synth :love:

Well, the crash bugs on the x64 version seem to be gone for me. Thanks good.

What's with the cpu usage though? If I play a chord of the preset 'wander bell' a few times fast it maxes out my computers and starts distorting? And I have a monster i7 pc. I can't think of too many synths that bring it to its knees. Even DIVA in divine mode runs fine.

The closing bug is not gone :(
Version number will be shown as 1.0.0 and not 1.0.1 (the installer has 1.0.1).

sfernald wrote:Well, the crash bugs on the x64 version seem to be gone for me. Thanks good.

What's with the cpu usage though? If I play a chord of the preset 'wander bell' a few times fast it maxes out my computers and starts distorting? And I have a monster i7 pc. I can't think of too many synths that bring it to its knees. Even DIVA in divine mode runs fine.
Our next focus will be on a better note management system so this wont happen.

If you have a spare moment could you go HERE and do a benchmark test. will really help us with optimization.

4damind wrote:The closing bug is not gone :(
Yeah the installer and synth (about) have wrong version number. We will fix in next update.

Could you post HERE with your issue and system specs and as much info as to when this happens.

Damn i really though this was sorted.

philterino wrote:
Yeah the installer and synth (about) have wrong version number. We will fix in next update.

Could you post HERE with your issue and system specs and as much info as to when this happens.

This is my screencast there ;) But I can add some additional infos.

are you getting crashes with this bug or is it just the lagging?

We where getting some crashes with closing which we thought we fixed and assumed it would fix this too.

must be something else.

I shall do what i can in order to speed up development.
There's some great potential in this synth. The presets are pretty coo as well.
More won't do harm. How about Umek's trademark synth on Lanicor etc.
That would almost make me cry :)
no sig

philterino wrote:are you getting crashes with this bug or is it just the lagging?
No but it will block all floating windows, also the mixer windows etc. If one instance of Ana is opened, every windows has this closing lag like shown in the screen-cast.

I remember Cytomic the Glue had a similar bug (used the Juice framework). Eventually Andy (Andrew Simper) has an idea about this behaviour and what has solved it. I will ask Andy, eventually he remembers about this bug.
Last edited by 4damind on Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

loopdon wrote:I shall do what i can in order to speed up development.
There's some great potential in this synth. The presets are pretty coo as well.
More won't do harm. How about Umek's trademark synth on Lanicor etc.
That would almost make me cry :)
Awesome thanks!

Yeah we will be continuing to add to the presets... Ill have a look into that umek on for you.

4damind wrote:
philterino wrote:

This is my screencast there ;) But I can add some additional infos.
cool... what processor have you got?

Return to “Instruments”