Sonic Academy ANA V1.5 OUT NOW!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA

Just bought it. So far so good.

But isn't there a manual, a pdf or something?

No manual yet... there are walkthrough videos on the site and youtube which takes you through all the features.

philterino wrote:No manual yet... there are walkthrough videos on the site and youtube which takes you through all the features.
Ok, thanks.

im really in need of a quality synth for modern electronic music production and the demos sound excellent.. now I am hearing terrible things about plugin performance, very high cpu usage, etc... should I hang in and even consider this synth ? really wish I could try for myself before i spend any money ...

GJK wrote:im really in need of a quality synth for modern electronic music production and the demos sound excellent.. now I am hearing terrible things about plugin performance, very high cpu usage, etc... should I hang in and even consider this synth ? really wish I could try for myself before i spend any money ...
Wait some days if the demo version is available! Should be next week.

The Demo Will be out very shortly so you will be able to decide for yourself.

We will be continuing to optimize performance in the coming weeks.

Our Vintage Filters seem to be hogging a lot of CPU compared to the standard 2/4 Pole... although we should be able to get them it down quite a bit.

I did a comparison with Imposcar2 and with the same number of voices you get similar CPU results.

I think its just that a lot of our patches in the original build where using more voices than necessary and using the vintage filters when they weren't needed.

V1.01 Presets use resource a lot better.

You can check out Various Benchmarks here

Im having no problems using many instances on full tracks on my iMAC and MAC Book. im getting around 40% CPU with the benchmark setup.

Finally got a chance to use this. It sounds amazing. :)
You are currently reading my signature.

djanthonyw wrote:Finally got a chance to use this. It sounds amazing. :)
Any comparisons to other synths put there ??

Right up the alley if you are doing dance, predominantly. I also think it's sweet.
no sig

GJK wrote:
Any comparisons to other synths put there ??
Sounds like a Virus / Sylenth. I would have to say better than Sylenth though because Sylenth sounds kind of hyped and lacking power in the lower mid frequencies. This one sounds full all around.
You are currently reading my signature.

I've also bought ANA. Sounds very solid and versatile. The factory sounds are usable right "out of the box".

Wish there were more than two freely assignable modulation matrix slots and user-loadable samples/wavecycles, though. Also some cross modulation like sync, PWM/symmetry mod and FM would be nice.
Please improve the sound management. What about user definable categories with scan for present folders/sub-directories like e.g. Alchemy and Zebra do it instead of hard-wired folder names?

On my main production computer the plug-in refuses to run. Already sent a mail to Sonic Academy customer support.
Maybe I should have awaited the release of a demo version of ANA.

I hope you will keep the introductory special through the time you have the demo up. One thing I've learned is not to buy before you try.

^+1
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

Bought it. I need something to replace sylenth. I get rid of sylenth since i already gave up with the development. :D

Have to add, i like the idea of the preview midi file.
musisikamar.com

xamido wrote:Bought it. I need something to replace sylenth. I get rid of sylenth since i already gave up with the development. :D

Have to add, i like the idea of the preview midi file.
How well does it hold up against sylenth ?

Return to “Instruments”