Sonic Academy ANA V1.5 OUT NOW!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA

billcarroll wrote:You can tell A.N.A. 1.5 was made by people who make music.
Indeed. It seems that Phil makes music in the electronic/trance/club department because also the presets are top and "typical" for this styles.

I hope I get some birthday $$ this year as this is looking/sounding great, nice job on the videos :)

gamecat666 wrote:i like the preview button, does each preset have its own little midi phrase to go with it?
(ive only watched about 5 minutes of the preset video so if its answered in there, apologies!)
At least with the previous version there was a midi file in each Types preset folder, e.g. bass/preview.mid, something like that. So if you wanted you could swap out individual ones. Just checked and it looks like the new version is the same setup

Yeah its just a standard midi file for each category... just name it preview.mid and throw it in... it should be host synced now too.

billcarroll wrote:
philterino wrote:The 1.5 Update is now Live...

If you already own the previous version go to our site your "My Account" page then the downloads tab and synth.

New Preset pack and 1.5 demo will be along shortly.
This synth went through a major transformation. When Sonic Academy first made a synth my reaction was, "Why?"

A.N.A. 1.5 is the answer to that "Why" question. This synth is now a serious beast, with sound ranging from nasty to beautiful. You can tell A.N.A. 1.5 was made by people who make music.
Thanks for the kind words!!

WOWEE... cpu usage has doubled for me on same patches in 1.5

i can no longer effectively play pads, even a few voices, without core overloading. This is higher cpu usage than diva, by far.

Even one button fx take almost a whole core.

This is being tested in an otherwise fresh empty project, just an instance of ana and a brickwall limiter on the master bass (mix control, uses like 1% cpu, zero latency)

luckily it does not override 1.03 so you can really test them side by side and see for yourself.

That is odd... what CPU do you have? what Preset is it?

All of them.

core i7 quad 2.2ghz sandy bridge, 8gb ram, logic 64 9.1.8

Snow Leopard 10.6.8

could you try running logic in 32 for me... see if that changes anything?

I think its the new reverb on the updated presets that pushing the power up.... also keep an eye only Voice count and use Poly restrict to help get rid of some sustained notes... setting it to 3 or 4 usually works with no audible difference.

ok but i can't play pads with 3 or 4 notes LOL. Of course i will test it in logic 32 right now for you.. thanks Phil.

just something to check, maybe see if those presets have the chords enabled, so instead of only playing 3-4 notes your actually playing maybe 12-15

A little dark clubbin demo i made in no time.

Irion Da Ronin - 4N415 [DEMO]

This synth is getting bigger and better. No doubt.

Have a nice day :)

ezelkow1 wrote:just something to check, maybe see if those presets have the chords enabled, so instead of only playing 3-4 notes your actually playing maybe 12-15
Yes of course and am watching the actual voice count but my point is i am experiencing high cpu on simple patches too and testing it side by side with 1,03 it is using up to double the cpu.

now the interesting part..

@Phil, the 32 bit seems better here.. which is weird as with logic it's usually the other way around.

I am toasted i am so tired so for now i need to crash, but if there's anything you can think of for me to test i'll do it when i wake up.

The extra preset bank is pretty amazing by the way.. the very first 8 bit patch is going to be the lead of my next song, it is precisely what i have been looking for.

IrionDaRonin wrote:A little dark clubbin demo i made in no time.

Irion Da Ronin - 4N415 [DEMO]

This synth is getting bigger and better. No doubt.

Have a nice day :)
Are all the synths ANA? sound great.

Return to “Instruments”