Sonic Academy ANA V1.5 OUT NOW!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA

philterino wrote:We are working on a PDF manual.. should be available soon.

We have a 2 hour sound design walkthrough here with tons of info on how it all works.
Ok thanks, I will check out the video :)

I don't think I saw this in the videos:

Can the pulse width be modulated? If not, will that be added sometime?

Examigan wrote:I don't think I saw this in the videos:

No Pulse width, FM or Sync... Yet!

We are looking at adding something in the next major update... but thats a good few months away.

philterino wrote:

We are looking at adding something in the next major update... but thats a good few months away.
Ok, thanks

It does have tons of cool stuff already in it, thanks for the info :)

philterino wrote:

Good move! No course on synthesis is complete without touching on these three subjects, and they've become more or less "standard" for subtractive synthesis as a way to create evolving sounds.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:
philterino wrote:

Good move! No course on synthesis is complete without touching on these three subjects, and they've become more or less "standard" for subtractive synthesis as a way to create evolving sounds.
Yes if those were included it would be really cool, even though it already is.
8)

I think one other person mentioned it would be great to load their own wav files (single-cycle) into the oscs, but it has so many already included, I don't think it's a big deal at all.

I am writing a review of ANA, should be online soon :)
Last edited by Examigan on Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

4damind wrote:...
:?:

I just realized that people might be mistaking CPU hit for latency hit... which often shows in the same meter. In that case maybe people should try setting their Audio Interface/Card's sample rate to 2048 and see?

I'm guessing some of the algorithms were improved and possibly use more look ahead?

**ALSO: Check out your CPU meter in the operating system. If it is a latency hit, you'll see the CPU at less than 100% (usually much less)**
Last edited by bjporter on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I think its really the new reverb... its modeled on a fairly high end algorithm so takes up a lot of cycles... we will be looking at it for the next update.

philterino wrote:I think its really the new reverb... its modeled on a fairly high end algorithm so takes up a lot of cycles... we will be looking at it for the next update.
Interesting philterino... please check with them just in case. Its an easy mistake to make too for some people. I do find it hard to believe that a Reverb will make such a change in CPU - especially being a highly optimized program like ANA is. I made this mistake yesterday, I was using Synthmaster and I forgot that I was on 256 samples... wondering why the analog filter was so CPU heavy. I looked at the CPU, and only 10% of the first core was being used!!!

Yeah buffer settings will play a big part in cpu performance.

I tend to use 256 for tracking 1024-2048 for mixing.

Finally tried ANA. She sounds lovely, but yes, 64 bit on Mac is painfully CPU intensive. I host in Ableton Live 9 64 bit on a 27" iMac with a quad core i7 @ 2.9 gHz, 16 GB RAM, Propellerhead Balance sound card at 24 bit, 48 kHz, 256 sample buffer.
Ableton/Propellerheads/Cockos Reaper/Logic/Renoise/U-He/Tone2/NI/DiscoDSP/Fabfilter/Xils Lab/Reveal Sound/112dB

Selling my ANA v1.5 license. Want £30. The transfer fee Sonic Academy asks for is £10 so all-together price is £40. PM me for purchasing. Paypal only.

EDIT: made mistake about the price and now it is corrected! Lowered for £10 :)
Last edited by bourbon on Mon May 27, 2013 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”