gone

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Prophet costs twice as much but I think you get double the synth. Face it, can't you just emu the Slim's mono stuff on P8? (And before people start yelling about Moog filters and blah blah blah, I TOTALLY understand)
I think you get more bang for your buck with the Prophet.

jacqueslacouth wrote:
pdxindy wrote:

It may be that if you do not hear a difference that matters to you, that you do not need to get an expensive analog either (no offense meant).

As for the original request, if money is no concern, get all of them! 8)
Probably right in the not "needing", but wanting is another thing. I'm not going to be making hit songs anytime (nor trying to for that matter), this is a hobby, has been for a long time. The best part about the software avenue is that I don't have to try and sneak it into the house past the wife, however I was more curious to see if Diva is considered a worthy alternative to the HW combo I'm considering.
It will depend on who you talk to whether Diva is considered worthy. I think it is, not in the absolute sense but in the musical sense... But you gotta try the stuff out and see what speaks to you soundwise. Go spend some hours in the music store playing the prophet and see if it grabs you.

zerocrossing wrote:There's a cherpiness in the DSI filter that I haven't heard in any software.
One day I'll get a Mopho.

(OTOH we've got a galore of CEM-based synths now...)

Return to “Instruments”