Steinberg Retrologue

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Monark Retrologue

Thanks for all your great help sir!
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Don't let it get out that I might have been helpful, I have a reputation to uphold.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Steinberg\Retrologue

VST3s are installed in common files.

Although I am primarily a Cubase user, I did try it in Reaper x64, Sonar Platinum x64 and FL Studio 12.2. I have no crashes or problem loading/saving presets or using automation. Basically works flawlessly.
On FL Studio 12.2 i get crashes all the time. Using both VST2 and 3. Edit: even more so, i can't get Retrologue2 to work on FL Studio, Reaper, Ableton (vst2.4) and Sonar Platinum. Re-installing and/or moving won't help.
The loading itself causes the DAW's to crash quite hard. Haven't got this problem with other vst's (32, 64 bit, vst2 or vst3).

I started a ticket at Steinberg. Hopefully they can do something, because of the upgrade, Retrologue 1 won't register anymore :scared:

(i am on Windows 10, 64bit)
Last edited by exmatproton on Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

hmm, I wonder if you are automating a parameter that I never automate? I actually did a torture test of Retrologue where I wrote every knob and parameter by jiggling the knobs, sliders and switches for every control on the interface then played it back. I then collapsed the automation so that it happens concurrently across all controls simultaneously duplicated that track 10 times. No crash... However that was in Cubase.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:hmm, I wonder if you are automating a parameter that I never automate? I actually did a torture test of Retrologue where I wrote every knob and parameter by jiggling the knobs, sliders and switches for every control on the interface then played it back. I then collapsed the automation so that it happens concurrently across all controls simultaneously duplicated that track 10 times. No crash... However that was in Cubase.
I suspect that it would run fine in Cubase... I'll try it.

Well I'll be - my Retrologue just crashed in Cubase!!! I sent them the crash log.
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

On FL Studio 12.2 i get crashes all the time. Using both VST2 and 3. Edit: even more so, i can't get Retrologue2 to work on FL Studio, Reaper, Ableton (vst2.4) and Sonar Platinum. Re-installing and/or moving won't help.
The loading itself causes the DAW's to crash quite hard. Haven't got this problem with other vst's (32, 64 bit, vst2 or vst3).

I started a ticket at Steinberg. Hopefully they can do something, because of the upgrade, Retrologue 1 won't register anymore :scared:

(i am on Windows 10, 64bit)

Retrologue 1 runs OK on all my DAWs. The problem happens when I change presets??????

could that be a clue???

Integratron wrote:Retrologue 1 runs OK on all my DAWs. The problem happens when I change presets??????

could that be a clue???
Hmmm, do you run win10 64bit as well??

Edit: i've deleted the presets and the init (startup) file. Same problems keep appearing. I will try it on my other win10,64 bit pc tomorrow. It is a real shame, as i really love this second version. Most times, when first starting the DAW and load 1 instance, it runs properly. But after some time (even without tweaking), reloading the plugin, the project or add an extra instance, is giving trouble. Weird

Yes - Windows 10 64 free upgrade - I recall having problems with it using windows 7 Pro as well.

Integratron wrote:Yes - Windows 10 64 free upgrade - I recall having problems with it using windows 7 Pro as well.
Weird stuff. Steinberg did not come back to me yet. You did open a support ticket as well right? There is little to find on this on the net or the support forums from Steinberg. "Glad" it is not "only me" :scared:

I forget how to do a screen shot - shift print screen - then open paint or something like that. If I could get a screen shot
I would post it here.

Integratron wrote:I forget how to do a screen shot - shift print screen - then open paint or something like that. If I could get a screen shot
I would post it here.
Printscreen (no shift), open paint and control+V (paste)

Well, i did run Retrologue2 on my secondary PC with succes. Also Windows 10, 64bit. FL Studio 12.2 is able to run mutliple instances without any hassle on that machine. The only real difference is, that it did not contain the old Retrologue on the second machine.

I really don't know where the problem is coming from. I don't have any issues with other plugins i own. My guess is that the installation isn't working properly.

Ok, it seems fixed.

Steps i took:

*de-installed everything from Retrologue2
*went into regedit (admin mode) and searched for Retrologue
*deleted everything related to Retrologue (and version2)
*a fresh install

Everything works.

Return to “Instruments”