Xhun Audio IronAxe ver 1.8 and its road to Win64/macOS

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
IronAxe

Fairlight2cx wrote:Just so you know which host I'm hitting this in, it's FL Studio 11.0.4.

Another option would be automation clips, if chords and the other modifiers controlled by keys could be turned on/off that way, in addition to with a MIDI note. That's how you'd usually do it with most plugins. Say, the VB3 tonewheel organ's rotor speed switch is something I can use automation clips, and I can change that at the start of the bar and it takes effect immediately.

If you don't want to rework the note analysis, could you please at least give us VST parameters which we can automate so we can get chords on the first beat? :)
At now for that aspect IronAxe has not a direct link to VST parameter but it accesses that trough MIDI first. Ok, added to the to-evaluate-and-then-do list :)

By the way, a new update for IronAxe will be available within a few days (with a greatly improved MIDI Guitar monitoring system) and for all people interested, from today IronAxe - among with LittleOne and SmartRig Pro and all bundles - are available at a discounted price, with the XMAS Special Offer 2013 initiative.

All pricings are listed on www.xhun-audio.com

Have a great Xmas to everybody here :)
Bruno
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

Hi, IronAxe has just been updated to version 1.5.9.

Changes:

# Introducing an improved MIDI Guitar in/out monitoring system (available in 'MIDI Guitar' input mode)

# The 'Ambiverb' stompbox has been replaced with 'Electronic Reverb' stompbox (increasing CPU/Ram efficiency)

# The audio engine restarts correctly when switching between different input modes

# Improved strings range accuracy (available in all modes)

As always, this update for IronAxe is free of charge for all Registered Users and it is available now for download from Xhun Audio website.

Hi,

currently working on IronAxe version 1.6, it will feature the String Router Engine 2.0.
The good new is that it will sound even more realistic, the great new is that it produces a cascade effect that affects the whole simulation, and potentially saves CPU up to 60% per instrument instance (!).

It means that for every instance of IronAxe ver 1.5, you will be able to run 2 instances and a half of IronAxe 1.6.

Additional infos will be posted here soon.

Hi,

I just updated IronAxe to version 1.6, featuring the String Router Engine 2.0, an intelligent system for dynamically switching between the 6 simulated strings: according to the current played notes on the master keyboard, this improved engine emulates the behaviour a real guitar performer.

This feature has also a cascade effect that affects the whole simulation, reducing up to 60% of the CPU and Memory hit compared to the previous versions of the software, while maintaining the same sound/audio accuracy. This CPU-saving feature was one of the most requested by Customers in the passed months, so... here you are :)

As always, this update is a free download for Registered Users.

Changes in IronAxe version 1.6:

# Introducing the String Router Engine 2.0, an intelligent system for routing/switching between the 6 simulated strings according to the current played notes on the master keyboard.

# Saves CPU and Memory hit up to 60% per instrument instance, compared to the previous versions, maintaining the same audio accuracy.

# Brings a large number of fixes on the DSP side, specially for logics in 'MIDI Keyboard' Controller Mode and more.

# Partial low level code replacement, bringing greater cross-platform compatibility.

# Minor fixes on the GUI side (Keyboard GUI in 'MIDI Keyboard' and 'KeyStrummer' Controller Mode).

# Demo version limitation has changed, the string 'Low E' has been disabled.

www.xhun-audio.com

http://www.xhun-audio.com/site/xhun.php?page=ironaxe

Could I ask you (anyone) a favour? :)

If someone has any issues with IronAxe version 1.6, could you please send a feedback email to let me know? It has succesfully tested, but everything could happen...:)

The point is to find issues with IronAxe used in multi-instances (so, minimum 2 instances of it).

Just specify the OS, the Host and the issue case.

Email address is contact[at]xhun-audio[dot]com

Thank you in advance!

Very impressive update !!!
It now uses about 10% on my E8400, was 20% before !!

Could you elaborate on what we should track down ? Loaded up 2 instances here, seems to work fine (reaper/win xp).

geoslake wrote:Very impressive update !!!
It now uses about 10% on my E8400, was 20% before !!

Could you elaborate on what we should track down ? Loaded up 2 instances here, seems to work fine (reaper/win xp).
Hi, geoslake :)

Some Users reported an issue, so I started investigating and today I found it.

At first my apologies to all Users, I already started fixing this.

The issue is the following...

Load 2 instances of IronAxe 1.6 , EACH with:

1-
SELECTED MODE: MIDI Keyboard

2-
In this MODE, the red key 'F2 - Solo mode' have not to be selected (so, using the default polyphonic MIDI router). With Solo mode active there's no issue, everything is ok. (In a few words = play the blue keys only without touhing the red keys).

3-
If you play the 2 instances of IronAxe 1.6 separately (one instance is played via MIDI, the other is silent - no MIDI input) everything works fine.
BUT...
If you play the 2 instances together at the same time via 2 separate MIDI tracks, notes seem to overlap, the 2 MIDI routers (introduced in ver 1.6) seem to influence each other. It is veery strange :).

This affects some systems, I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.
If you have some urgent projects to render using multi instance of IronAxe, I suggest to use version 1.5.9 (does not have this issue) but more CPU hungry or to use version 1.6 and rendering tracks separately (1 track at time, while others are silent).I will fix this issue as soon as I can.

Other feedbacks are welcome, thank you again geoslake for your support. :)

Ok, have to say I only ever used one instance realtime due to previous versions cpu usage, but this may change now :)
Thanks again.

Ok, I think I got the point for that.

IronAxe version 1.6.1 (including the fix I mentioned above) is now in betatesting. I hope to release it within the next 48 hours.

Ok, all the issues mentioned in the previous Posts have been fixed and now everything works 100% !

IronAxe has been updated to version 1.6.1, bringing full stability with the introduction of an extremely important fix for the String Router Engine and featuring an updated KeyStrummer engine, improving the Power/Bar Chords authenticity.

Changes in IronAxe version 1.6.1:

# String Router Engine 2.0 : previous version had a notes-allocation issue with multi instances of IronAxe. This has been fixed, now it works properly in single and multi instances environments.

# KeyStrummer Mode : 'Power/Bar Chords' and 'Power/Bar Chords Muted' engine has been updated, now it features the performing of 2-strings Power Chords (Blue Keys, lower octave) and 3-strings Power Chords (Blue Keys, upper octave), for a more authentic and natural strumming experience

# Partial low level code replacement on the DSP side

Hi to all,

IronAxe has just been updated to version 1.7, bringing a wide range of improvements, introducing several features and bug fixes. This is one of the most important IronAxe updates ever, because it brings an improved String Behaviour Engine, it introduced the StringsToucher Engine (known as 'PurpleKeys Engine' in the dev stage), and many improvements and fixes that some users asked in the passed months. All details are reported below :)

Changes in IronAxe version 1.7:

# The String Behaviour Engine has been updated to version 2.0, improving realism and physics accuracy when simulating strings' geometry and energy dispersion over time

# The KeyStrummer Engine/Mode has been sensibly extended and its name has been changed to KeyPerformer Engine/Mode

# Introducing the StringsToucher Engine (formerly known as 'Project PurpleKeys', accessible through the KeyPerformer Mode) : play/touch each of the 6 virtual Electric Guitar strings individually and in true real-time, for true-to-life arpeggios using only a standard MIDI Keyboard

# The MIDI Data paths/routings have been partially redesigned, improving performances and stability for all IronAxe's internal MIDI Engines

# Full MIDI Assignments for all GUI Parameters and Controls. Everything is now visible in the DAW Host/s for an easy and quick access using external MIDI hardware controllers

# The Finger Sliding Techniques have been extended also to the QuickStrums Engine (MIDI Keyboard controller Mode) and to the KeyPerformer Engine/Mode (including StringsToucher Engine), improving realism when performing real-time strums, arpeggios and articulations

# The Room Simulation Engine has been updated, allowing real-time modulation

# Factory presets have been sligtly adjusted/updated

# Minor improvements on the DSP and GUI side

# Partial low level code replacement on the DSP side

And pleased to announce the start of the Summer Deal Special Offer 2014, offering an up-to-33% discount on all Products and Bundles, obviously including also IronAxe...

All the links:

http://www.xhun-audio.com/site/xhun.php?page=shop

Update:

Also if it is very intuitive to use, for aditional infos/instructions on how to use the StringsToucher Engine (or for any other thing) please read the included product's manual, it is all explained there...

Would be cool with 7 or 8 strings for some djent. :band:

Xenobioz wrote:Would be cool with 7 or 8 strings for some djent. :band:
Hi, uhmm I don't think I'll add strings for IronAxe soon, maybe it would be better to extend the range of the "Low E" string, for "additional Djent/Metal purposes" :)

xhunaudio wrote:maybe it would be better to extend the range of the "Low E" string, for "additional Djent/Metal purposes" :)
Maybe, I don't think I have ever seen a physical model of a 7 or 8 string guitars so I though it would be cool. You probably would need some good ready to use presets too probably for metal or djent sounds. Having those extra strings probably is just one of many parts to get that sound. If you don't know how to tweak everything to get that sound yourself then it might be too hard.

Return to “Instruments”