Xhun Audio IronAxe ver 1.8 and its road to Win64/macOS

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
IronAxe

sfernald wrote:Interested in picking up this package right away.

Is it possible to get a copy of the midi file for "sum is greater.." for review and evaluation only of course? I just really need to see it to believe it. Sounds very impressive...

Thanks.
Hi sfernald, thank you for your interest in IronAxe.

I'm really sorry but I can't share audio demos original project files. Audio files are CC protected, so you can download and distribute under CC but Original Project files are only for my eyes... :)

By the way download the Product demo version. It's all there.

For 'Greater than the sum of its parts' I used 7 instances of IronAxe. If I remember well, all instances/parts presets are taken from a range of the first 30 and slightly changed (eg: decrease delay level, change pluck position) to sound better in the whole mix...

If I had been not helpful enough or if you have more questions feel free to ask,
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

koalaboy wrote:Also, the (obviously necessary) beep is maybe a bit too frequent - it's verging on water torture :wink:
Only now I read this from koalaboy's post. Anybody else think that in the demo version of all my Products the 'beep' (sine wave) is too frequent? I think I'm going to change it if someone is bothered... :)

I hate beeps in demos. Remove them altogether and think of something else. Time limited fully-functional demo would work.

EvilDragon wrote:I hate beeps in demos. Remove them altogether and think of something else. Time limited fully-functional demo would work.
A definite and deeply felt +1 on that!

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Time limited fully-functional demo have a lot of weak points... it was used in the first versions of LittleOne and I think it is not the right choise to back on my steps in this scenario...

I'm thinking about an audio dropdown every x seconds without the noise that get you bothered...

What would those weak points be? I can't see any.

You could time limit it to 30 days, after which dropouts and noise occur. And further you could limit sessions to, say, two hours, then the user would have to reload the plugin or restart his DAW.

I just bought Ironaxe.
It sounds fantastic. I can now forget all e-guitar sample libraries.
Congratulation to Xhun Audio!!! :-)

Might I notice that palm mutes in Mistheria's demo (which he uses in some scales) on your website don't sound particularly realistic to me? I also hear distinct lack of dynamics in the guitar tones... I would probably use external guitar amp sim to make it better.

Overall, it seems interesting, this product.

Hi Gucky, EvilDragon,

I like Misteria performance/audio demo (great thanks to him for his help), but I agree, there are a few moments in wich Palm muting can be greatly improved, but it is all in the executor's performance playing.

IronAxe handles Palm Muting in 2 ways: via Performance Key C1 and via Modulation Wheel. Mistheria used only Performance Key C1, that is designed to be used for ultra quick muting changes (eg: using it among with Power Chords to QUICKLY change from Open to Muted Chords during a Strumming Riff). For simulating reality / better expression results, it is recommended to use Mod Wheel. In this case you can simulate the guitarist's Palm Pressure amount while playing a Guitar Phrase/Solo (start a riff/phrase with MW at value 127 and decrement the value over time - like in the real world). It brings great realism to the performance. I already asked Mistheria if he can change that part of the demo using MW instead (when/if he has the time to do this obviously). Results would be very improved.

About dynamics, all in IronAxe is 'tracked' following different energy amounts (eg: with velocity): from Strings to Pickups to Stomps,... BTW there's only one way: try the product demo AND a few hours to learn play virtual guitar techniques. It is like real guitars, but you need 2 hours and not 2 years to learn it...

In the meantime I'll try to find other ways to change how the 'beep' affects the demo, for the joy of your ears.

When is the Mac version out? I hope the introductory price will not expire before there is a Mac version.

aMUSEd wrote:When is the Mac version out? I hope the introductory price will not expire before there is a Mac version.
Yes, when native OSX will be released I will launch a Special Offer, like this Introductory one (valid until May 20th). But at now I can't give a date for OSX, sorry.

sounds like it still needs some tweaking for more realism.

looking forward to further development and a 64-bit version.

For demos I think just enough noise or drop-down in volume at some regular interval to make it unusable in a production track is best, but not so much that it makes playing the instrument 'jerky' and stops the feeling of 'flow' when demo'ing it. Demos that drop down abruptly, have voice-overs, or loud annoying noise are turn-offs. I think it should be just enough to keep someone from using it in a track. Never timing out is also a plus because I will generally keep that sort of demo around to play with and eventually learn better (especially when it is unconventional like this one) and increases the possibility of my purchasing down the line.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:For demos I think just enough noise or drop-down in volume at some regular interval to make it unusable in a production track is best, but not so much that it makes playing the instrument 'jerky' and stops the feeling of 'flow' when demo'ing it. Demos that drop down abruptly, have voice-overs, or loud annoying noise are turn-offs. I think it should be just enough to keep someone from using it in a track. Never timing out is also a plus because I will generally keep that sort of demo around to play with and eventually learn better (especially when it is unconventional like this one) and increases the possibility of my purchasing down the line.
It is exactly what I think too. Maybe a timeout limit of 20 seconds is too short, I will increase it, together with a 'beep' volume decrease. I would mantain this because with the audio dropdown only, some user demoing it can say (if he/she didn't read the demo limitations): 'what a strange thing, audio interrupts, it is an issue?'. With a timeout of 35 seconds or more, and a less loud noise, the feeling of 'flow' is not so brutally interrupted. Because it is a demo, and somehow it has to be 'interrupted'... :)

xhunaudio wrote:
koalaboy wrote:Also, the (obviously necessary) beep is maybe a bit too frequent - it's verging on water torture :wink:
Only now I read this from koalaboy's post. Anybody else think that in the demo version of all my Products the 'beep' (sine wave) is too frequent? I think I'm going to change it if someone is bothered... :)
Yes. I actually stopped demoing IronAxe cause I can't stand the sound. It's really too loud, especially if you use an amp sim with lots of distortion. I'd suggest replacing it with white noise which is not as obtrusive.
"Always outnumbered, never outgunned"
'There are some sissies who paint their face and listen emo-metal'

Return to “Instruments”