Xhun Audio IronAxe ver 1.8 and its road to Win64/macOS

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
IronAxe

AstralExistence wrote:not to be a jerk but, i thought somebody said little one used stock synthedit modules? is this true?
Hi AstralExistence, yes, my products are made obviously also using Synthedit native modules, also 3rd party, also mine... In Analog Modeling synthesis, oscillators, filters,... are made using also sum ops, dividers, counters, etc...

But I think in this thread is better to have a discussion about IronAxe, to be closer to the topic :)

If you have other questions feel free to email at contact[at]xhun-audio.com
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

that thing sounds very good. congrats on finishing it and good luck with the sale. really impressive

bronxsound wrote:that thing sounds very good. congrats on finishing it and good luck with the sale. really impressive
Hi bronxsound, glad to know you like/appreciate it.

I really mean it. It sounds brilliant.

So what if it used Synthedit modules???!!!

Efflam Le Bivic's instruments (Blue Reeds, Glue Reeds, and his (or maybe was) to-be developed virtual guitar and bass, and his entire FX collection was ALSO based on SYNTHEDIT modules and I can ASSURE you the sound quality of his plugins was nothing short of PHENOMENAL!

Sadly, I don't see any or much chance of his plugins seeing the light of day...maybe they will resurrected one day, I certainly hope so, his FX and virtual e-pianos are phenomenal.

So if IronAxe is based on Synthedit, then that would never change my mind at all about the quality. In fact I would actually feel more confident in using it because I know SE has been refined over the years and is now a fine stable product. Some low quality instruments used Synthedit, but then again, some low quality plugins use in-house synthesis engines too, it's not the TOOL that counts, it's the PERSON using that tool. A lot of great plugins are based on SE architecture and they are not lacking in any way.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

^+1

Actually, I have impression that some people think that plugs created in SE or Sm are sort of easy to make. The bottom line is that the math is what makes the plug. The only downside of using SM (not sure about SE) is that the outcome is Win only. But hey the guy here did something remarkable. Great stuff mate. No reasons to explain/apologize/excuse yourself if you have used SE or not.

Handling a Project / Programming a Pro Audio Software is - in the making - very similar across the different IDE platforms (eg: Synthedit, Visual C++, Faust,...).

For decades Universities and Academies developed their own high-level programming languages/IDEs (MAX/MSP, Puredata, STK, Faust, ...).
The goal of this kind of approach is to rise the Productivity level, mantaining full control on every aspect of the project. Houses and Bridges are build because engineers/architects have access to concrete, iron, etc... Maybe for them build something so complex would be possible also without any 'support', but it wuold require at least 100's years. And developing pro audio stuff is a very complex procedure, so a lot of developers uses this method. Many people can't imagine how much a diffused kind of approach/practice it is ;)

There's no reason to consider Synthedit much more different from Visual C++ - for example - than Xcode, Faust (one of my favourite), Dev C++ (used for prev Copy Protection System module)... And in my opinion, Synthedit Cross-platform support will follow for sure.

benjamind wrote:So what if it used Synthedit modules???!!!
no. exactly. whocares synthedit modules???!!! did you just feel like arguing. i asked/said. STOCK. modules. do you know the difference between stock vs third party/developer.

xhunaudio wrote:
AstralExistence wrote:not to be a jerk but, i thought somebody said little one used stock synthedit modules? is this true?
Hi AstralExistence, yes, my products are made obviously also using Synthedit native modules, also 3rd party, also mine... In Analog Modeling synthesis, oscillators, filters,... are made using also sum ops, dividers, counters, etc...

But I think in this thread is better to have a discussion about IronAxe, to be closer to the topic :)

If you have other questions feel free to email at contact[at]xhun-audio.com
ok, so little one uses stock, third party, and your own modules coded in c? or your own as in tweaked third party?

Properly programmed Synthedit can sound identical to hardware. Mokafix has already proven that.

The only real concern with Synthedit products is lack of x64 Native support or being forced to use bit bridges for compatibility. I presume there is no x64 IronAxe?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote:Properly programmed Synthedit can sound identical to hardware. Mokafix has already proven that.

The only real concern with Synthedit products is lack of x64 Native support or being forced to use bit bridges for compatibility. I presume there is no x64 IronAxe?
Hi,

yes, at now there is no Native 64-bit version for my products yet. 32-bit, with bridging to load in 64-bit Hosts. Cross-platform will be supported with future updates, when the SE IDE will support it.

A little clarification:

To reply to a common question, IronAxe handles Palm Muting technique in two ways: via Performance key C1 and via Modulation Wheel, to modulate palm pressure on the string and have different muting types. Modulation Wheel is designed for expression, Performance key C1 is for quick change (for example using it together with Power (bar) Chords/ Strums).

Everything will be explained in the product Manual / Quick Reference. The video tutorial above shows basic techniques/actions only. A quick starting point...

Audio Demo added, different genre, different techniques

http://soundcloud.com/xhun-audio/ironax ... an-the-sum

It would be nice to hear a solo with more legato - whilst I can hear it sometimes, often there seems a lot of attack/pluck on each note.

I don't doubt it can do effective hammer-on/pullof legato playing, I just haven't really heard much in the demos.

Return to “Instruments”