Xhun Audio IronAxe ver 1.8 and its road to Win64/macOS

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
IronAxe

I'm making a new IronAxe and LittleOne demo versions and uploading them, just wait a few minutes... Now timeout is 30+ seconds and 'beep' sine wave vol sensibly reduced. To let you also use 3rd party external FX/Cab simulators
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

I'm REALLY happy to see a developer being responsive to requests like this :love: I personally am not in the market for IronAxe right now but when I have some money to spend I'll be thinking of you!
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thank you braj,

New demo versions just uploaded and available. No 'brutal' intermissions anymore :)

Let me know if all is ok now,

Sounds really good, Savihost says it's at 60% cpu approx. for one core, a tad high.

Pretty good for Synthedit, but certainly at the cost of cpu.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

RunBeerRun wrote:Sounds really good, Savihost says it's at 60% cpu approx. for one core, a tad high.

Hi,
that amount is a regular value, considering it is a 100% (non-generic) Physical Modeling (every single e.guitar components is simulated).

In the next days I will make a denormal fixing to optimize inner computations. It will be the first update.

RunBeerRun wrote:Sounds really good, Savihost says it's at 60% cpu approx. for one core, a tad high.

Which CPU?

New Products Demos available

Ok, the 'too frequent and too loud sine signal' (demo limitation) in all XA Products Demos (for both LittleOne and IronAxe) has been finally fully-fixed, so now a different limitation has been used : Sound is interrupted every 30+ seconds with a VERY soft sine signal. Non-bothering at all.

I know, I had to do previously, sorry for the inconvenience...

And with the new downloads, LittleOne version 2.5 update/demo is available...

http://www.xhun-audio.com/site/xhun.php?page=download

About IronAxe and computing requirements, a mid-high load is a very common value, specially on old CPUs. It is recommended for multi-instances to play it @ 44.1 or 48 khz. 192 khz is possible, but with multi-core CPUs only.

Yes, on my trusty 7 year old xp it was unplayable (not because of the demo limitation) but on my new 7 Quad it's dynamite. Very impressed with it.

To reply to the requests about CPU usage with IronAxe, an update is on the way: bug fixing, improving compatibility, but also improving performance/CPU usage and more. It will be an important update, free for all Registered Customers...

Wow, the demo by katsunori ujie once again blow my mind. This plugin is a priority for me now once i get the money. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBprZajo ... re=g-all-u
musisikamar.com

Hi xamido,

thank you for reporting this special review, I had not noticed yet - before your post.

And obviously special thanks to Katsunori Ujie for this really fine-made review...

So I just became an IronAxe customer, and spent a little time last night playing within Cubase. Very nice. I've been watching this project for some time now and decided to invest, not sorry I did!

Congrats on a good launch Bruno, and I am very much looking forward to the next release and enhancements.

Regards - R :hihi:
___
Join Us at The Forest Forum
Robin - NorthWood MediaWorks - lurking at KVR since 2007 - sequencing since 1984

Northwood Mediaworks wrote:So I just became an IronAxe customer, and spent a little time last night playing within Cubase. Very nice. I've been watching this project for some time now and decided to invest, not sorry I did!

Congrats on a good launch Bruno, and I am very much looking forward to the next release and enhancements.

Regards - R :hihi:
Hi Robin, thank you so much for your support!

PS: about updates, IronAxe version 1.1 will be available in a few weeks.

Will you be covering bass and acoustic guitars in the future? The electric guitar already is amazing. Adding the bass and acoustic guitars would round out the collection, but it is easily possible to emulate acoustic with an electric ;)

I wonder if changing the tuning of the strings could reproduce a bass guitar sound?
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

benjamind wrote:Will you be covering bass and acoustic guitars in the future? The electric guitar already is amazing. Adding the bass and acoustic guitars would round out the collection, but it is easily possible to emulate acoustic with an electric ;)

I wonder if changing the tuning of the strings could reproduce a bass guitar sound?
Hi benjamind,

Basically yes, IronAxe is the first of a series of products using this technology (Physical Modeling simulations). So in the passed 2-3 years I made Research for a wide range of musical instruments to simulate.

About Electric Bass, changing the tuning is not enough, it needs ad-hoc material properties settings, energy dispersion, support different techniques (so different excitation possibilities), 4 strings support, etc...

About Acoustic Guitar, the main difference is in the Body, and 3d hall acoustics simulation (but also Pickups and Strings), but it has basically the same structure (6 strings, excitations, ...) as Electric Guitars.

By the way I think both products would be the perfect companions for IronAxe :)

I'm seriously considering them, I think after next release.

Return to “Instruments”