Xhun Audio IronAxe ver 1.8 and its road to Win64/macOS

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
IronAxe

Great !
A single plugin with all those models onboard would be amazing (tired of having tons of vsts/dlls everywhere)

Ujiie-san has some magnificent chops for sure, I love his demos.

I'm still not convinced on the sound of palm mutes, unfortunately. Shreddage is much better in that regard, IMHO.

Example:

http://www.impactsoundworks.com/audio/d ... e_Fury.mp3

I hope you'll get there. Right now, IronAxe is not yet there, IMHO. Keep up the good work, though! As a lot of people here know, I'm very much pro-physmod.

geoslake wrote:Great !
A single plugin with all those models onboard would be amazing (tired of having tons of vsts/dlls everywhere)
Hi geoslake,

having a single plugin with ALL models of Excitation, Strings, Pickups, Bodies would be something extremely long, expensive (as development time as well as the final price) and huge to mantain, update, etc...

I think the best choise for everyone is to make little steps, it is true for everything...:)
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

xhunaudio wrote:
geoslake wrote:Great !
Hi geoslake,

having a single plugin with ALL models of Excitation, Strings, Pickups, Bodies would be something extremely long, expensive (as development time as well as the final price) and huge to mantain, update, etc...

I think the best choise for everyone is to make little steps, it is true for everything...:)

You could likely make additional models as expansions that are available for purchase separately - everything would be loaded within a single plugin. So, having IronAxe as the basis, then adding other types of stringed instruments as you go along. That's definitely not a bad paradigm (and is something I would suggest as a good way to go), as it functions extremely well for Pianoteq, for example. Who says we can't plug an acoustic guitar into a JCM800 into Mesa cabinets? ;)

EvilDragon wrote:Ujiie-san has some magnificent chops for sure, I love his demos.

I'm still not convinced on the sound of palm mutes, unfortunately. Shreddage is much better in that regard, IMHO.

I hope you'll get there. Right now, IronAxe is not yet there, IMHO. Keep up the good work, though! As a lot of people here know, I'm very much pro-physmod.
Hi EvilDragon,

yes, IronAxe needs a few time for the user to perform at its best.

And yes, I will constantly trying to improve the various models present in the whole simulation, to reach full parity on the 100% of possible nuances :)
Last edited by xhunaudio on Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

xhunaudio wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Ujiie-san has some magnificent chops for sure, I love his demos.

Example:

http://www.impactsoundworks.com/audio/d ... e_Fury.mp3

Hi EvilDragon,

yes, IronAxe needs a few time for the user to perform at its best.

And yes, I will constantly trying to improve the various models present in the whole simulation, to reach full parity on the 100% of possible nuances :)
change your license to serial number and ill buy all your plugins

mr president wrote: change your license to serial number and ill buy all your plugins
Hi mr president,

The Copy Protection System for all my products is already based on Serial Number (copy/paste and play).

xhunaudio wrote:
mr president wrote: change your license to serial number and ill buy all your plugins
Hi mr president,

The Copy Protection System for all my products is already based on Serial Number (copy/paste and play).
alright then, that will be little one in the not too distant future

EvilDragon wrote: You could likely make additional models as expansions that are available for purchase separately - everything would be loaded within a single plugin. So, having IronAxe as the basis, then adding other types of stringed instruments as you go along. That's definitely not a bad paradigm (and is something I would suggest as a good way to go), as it functions extremely well for Pianoteq, for example. Who says we can't plug an acoustic guitar into a JCM800 into Mesa cabinets? ;)
Uhmm, I have to think about this kind of paradigm... it may be useful for future products.

The main 'Cons' element of this approach is that if I need a realistic Acoustic Guitar for my next production, I have to buy an E. Guitar simulation first, then the A.Guitar expansion and I have to pay twice and this may discourage potential Customers...

After all, plugins are already modules and I think it is not-very-useful to 'modularize modules' if not strictly necessary.

Uhmm, like I said above, I have to evaulate this idea... BTW thank you for your suggestion geoslake and EvilDragon.

You could provide all models with one purchase, except only one model would be fully activated, others would be in demo mode. For Pianoteq, it's exactly how it works. Their demo mode disables 8 keys completely and restricts session time to 15 minutes (IIRC). So, when you purchase Pianoteq, you get a demo of all commercially available add-ons, and when you purchase them, they simply get unlocked.

So, in case of additional guitar-related products for IronAxe, when a user purchases, he can choose exactly which instrument(s) he wants to have activated with his purchase, and the price adjusts accordingly (for example - the user wants your acoustic guitar but not electric - he'd pay the same price as for the electric, except for him, acoustic would be activated). In this case, any future purchase should be discounted (IMHO), that would definitely encourage people to buy more add-ons!

I understand there might be some differences here, concerning electric and acoustic instruments. In that case, perhaps you could have two plugin DLLs - one for acoustic instruments, the other for electric ones. Then perhaps offer a single DLL to those who have both. That is bound to result in some programming overhead, though.

Harmonics, Pinch Harmonics
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Yeah, I didn't hear examples of those?

As good as a 4-string bass would be, a 5-string bass would be even better and would cover that extra deep bass that only a low B string can provide... ;)

I've played 5-string basses and I would always choose a 5-string over a 4-string if I needed to play a lot of deep notes.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

benjamind wrote:As good as a 4-string bass would be, a 5-string bass would be even better and would cover that extra deep bass that only a low B string can provide... ;)

I've played 5-string basses and I would always choose a 5-string over a 4-string if I needed to play a lot of deep notes.
Yes benjamind, after all 5 is better than 4 :)

By the way we're talking about future products so there's time enough for me to select the best features... And Electric Bass is an instrument I have to deeply check out yet, to understand how it exactly works and then make a model.

electro wrote:Harmonics, Pinch Harmonics
EvilDragon wrote:Yeah, I didn't hear examples of those?
Sometimes on IronAxe techniques need to be 'constructed'.

About Harmonics, the perf key C#1 performs 2 actions: sets the excitation point at the middle of the string and (because C#1 is VELOCITY sensitive) it sets the amount of the left finger action (affecting the vibrating string to produce harmonics). So basically after exciting a string (pressing blue keys), a high-velocity, very-SHORT-time C#1 pression can produce Pinch Harmonics (as well as in the real world: a string is excitated, then attenuated for a very short time, and the performer lets its vibration decay). Probably I will make a video demo on additional/'constructed' techniques, I think it would be useful to several Users.

But first, priority to version 1.1 update.

Return to “Instruments”