Xhun Audio IronAxe ver 1.8 and its road to Win64/macOS

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
IronAxe

xhunaudio wrote:Sure, it will be available in time for IronAxe official release - April 2012. :)
Now we have April 2012 - I can't wait for price and product ...
Any idea how long i have to wait? :cry:

Cheers,
Carsten

Hi Carsten,

thank you for your interest in IronAxe, I really hope to reease it in April without delays, I still have a lot to do for its 'full' debut. I'm sorry but you still have to wait a little time...

About pricing, it will be a mid-range price, nothing too much expensive.

When I will have more infos I will post them here, on Facebook/Twitter and on my site (I think in about 2 weeks).

Have a nice day Carsten,

bruno
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

Hello,

we finally have an official release day for IronAxe - May 7th 2012.

Additional up-to-dated infos will follow in these days on www.xhun-audio.com

See you soon,
bruno

Wow, that sounds pretty good mate! Really nice demo!
Eternitysound VST Banks

Sounds much better than whatever i heard demos of before (Prominy samples, RealStrat, Rob Papen stuff) but sadly still doesn't sound like a real guitar... also, what i would be interested to hear on the demos is more rocknroll stuff e.g. AC/DC-esque riffs, palm-muted high gain riffs, screaming solo's, guitar feedback maybe? It would be interesting to hear how IronAxe handles those.

Having that said, i remember stumbling upon Pianoteq for the first time. It sucked. So did Pianoteq 2. Pianoteq 3 is my go-to piano plugin now. I hope - no, i don't hope, i *know* - that IronAxe will evolve and eventually reach the sound that could fool even experienced guitar players. It's just bound to happen. For now my budget is limited, so i'll have to pass on this one :-)
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Hi GeorgeZ, hi Burillo,

Other audio demos are on the way -featuring more techniques, strums, etc... to better show IronAxe potentials, but I think there's only a way to evaluate this/anyother instrument: waiting for the demo :)

If you're looking for "palm-muted high gain riffs, screaming solo's, guitar feedback..." maybe you'll find something interesting in this virtual instrument, controlling it with a MIDI Guitar or with a MIDI Keyboard using Performance Keys (I'm making a quick video reference for this).

Thank you for your interest,

PS (anyone): is it possible/there's a way to modify a thread's/topic's title?

bruno

^^^^. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ^^ here^^

Click the Edit link in the top-right corner of the first post and you should be able to edit the title too.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Found, thank you DarkStar

Just posted IronAxe pricing and announced the imminenet launch of a Special Introductory Offer, available for a limited time.

IronAxe will have a MSRP of 149 Euro and for the first two weeks (from May 7th to May 20th) it will be available for a Special Introductory Price of 129 Euro - 15% Off - from the online Xhun Audio Shop.

This Special Offer is valid for IronAxe (as single product) as weel as for XA Complete Bundle, wich includes LittleOne + IronAxe into a single package, saving 25% on the final price (149 Euro instead of 194 Euro).

Additional infos, audio demos, video tutorials will be published in time for IronAxe release - May 7th 2012.

For questions/other feel free to email at contact@xhun-audio.com or visit the website, or here...

Have a nice day,
bruno

In news saw the price as 149 euro and I was like jeez. But I think after hearing it, and knowing you are a smaller dev, it might be worth the risk.

Really solid demo and I'm anxious to hack at it with my YRG myself :)

I concur setting the YRG (and am ex-Yamaha EZ-AG owner), is not as trivial as I'd hoped. Any hand holding might be worth the extra cash :)

Esp. if it sounds like it does.

For a real cincher though, I'd need to hear other styles :) Like speed metal, jazz, blues, finger picking, etc.

Last, is there any additional latency in processing within the plugin? How fast does it track, etc?

Hello grymmjack,

IronAxe has no additional latency, it is very reactive. And the CPU load is not too heavy - considering it is 100% physical modeling. About the same CPU load of latest Analog Modeling synth using their BEST rendering option.

I'm a happy YRG owner, setting it is very easy and quick. Select MIDI chan '17' on YRG, select 'MIDI Guitar Input' on IronAxe and play. All of 6 strings of YRG are routed to 6 simulated strings in IronAxe, with independent pitch bending, etc...

I had hours of fun with this configuration, and the general feeling is to play an actual Electric Guitar, due to the very low latency and accurate note+events tracking of YRG controller.

I will upload very soon - a couple of hours - an additional audio demo preview featuring a different musical genre and techniques played in real-time using a MIDI Keyboard.

Talk soon,
bruno

Just added an Audio Preview on SounCloud.

Special thanks to Mistheria, for this great Performance.

All Electric Guitars Parts are 100% IronAxe modeled. This demo has been performed using a standard MIDI Keyboard.

http://soundcloud.com/xhun-audio/ironax ... in-g-minor

or

http://www.facebook.com/XhunAudio

Just published on YouTube a short and basic video tutorial on how to use Performance Keys with IronAxe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbcQkYTmdAY&rel=0

Multiple techniques can be combined in real-time (eg: Power Chords + Palm Muting, or Power Chords + note chunking, etc...). This video also shows how to perform sustained strummings.
Last edited by xhunaudio on Wed May 02, 2012 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

awesome ! :)

not to be a jerk but, i thought somebody said little one used stock synthedit modules? is this true?

Return to “Instruments”