Xhun Audio IronAxe ver 1.8 and its road to Win64/macOS

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
IronAxe

[ EDIT : Discussion on the Product Release starts from Page 4 ]

Just published details on Xhun Audio upcoming product IronAxe.

The result of two years of research and development, IronAxe is a high-end Physical Modeling simulation of one of the most popular and loved electro-acoustic instruments : the Electric Guitar.

Product Overview , Technology , Images , Features List and first Audio demo can be found at http://www.xhun-audio.com

For infos, questions or suggestions feel free to join the discussion in this thread, on our Facebook / Twitter pages or email us at contact@xhun-audio.com

I hope IronAxe will inspire you!

Bruno
Last edited by xhunaudio on Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:45 am, edited 29 times in total.
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

Demo sounds amazing. :-o :shock: Following this one with much interest.

Wow :o
I use Physical Modelling Guitars in my Yamaha VL70-m with an EWI4000s wind controller and have been looking for a suitable soft synth alternative. This looks (and sounds) VERY promising.
Bring it....... (as they say).
Always learning....

Beautiful! Just price it reasonably please and I want it, I want it! :)
http://www.audiomindproject.com (VST soundbanks - FM8, V-Station, DCAM: Synth Squad, TAL-U-NO-LX, TAL-BassLine, Corona, LuSH-101)

Thanks to everybody for the nice comments!

Price is TBA yet, but I will be as reasonable as I can...:)

Am I correct in assuming that this plugin will be using Challenge/Response copy protection, and not a simple serial number or software key?

The demo song sounds nice by the way. :-)

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Hi Sean,

thank you for the question - in these days I'm totally involved in the designing of a new Copy Protection system to use with all my products. This may (slightly) delay/postpone the official release date for IronAxe.

Honestly it could be a Challenge/Response based system, but at now it is not my ultimate resolution, I'm opened to other ways.

My goal is to design a minimal-intrusive Challenge/Response Copy Protection system. I can be more specific and have detailed infos about it in a few days (or 2-3 weeks).

By the way glad to know you liked the audio demo :)

Regarding playing IronAxe... will it be necessary (or better) to have a MIDI guitar or will it work just as well for those of us who use a keyboard?

Hi anzoid,

it is not 'Required', but optional and (in my opinion) recommended if you are a guitarist.

To be more specific: IronAxe is a software simulation that can be natively controlled by a MIDI Keyboard or a MIDI Guitar. But what does it mean?

Unlike other products, it is "natively designed ALSO for MIDI Guitar/ists" because as you can see in the published Product images, there's a parameter called 'Controller Type' that when setted to "MIDI Guitar", automatically configures IronAxe to allows Guitarists to control the 6-independent physically simulated strings directly from the corresponding real-world strings of a MIDI Guitar (or even Guitar MIDI Controllers like YRG - You Rock Guitar).
No complicate MIDI channels routings, no unnatural note layers, no need to be a MIDI configurations engineer :). Set only ONE parameter, forget it and start playing.

In "MIDI Guitar" mode, techniques like Strummings, string tapping, solos, string switching, etc.. are not simulated but 100% authentic, because performed in the real world by real guitarists. And IronAxe Models have a very accurate response (Video Demos performed by professional guitarists will follow), so changing a string, single string multi-touches or even tapping techniques sound very natural. Even releasing a string after its excitation produces that "thik" sound.

For Guitarists it will be as easy as using commonly available FX-Amps effects plugins. BUT, because you can model also the E.Guitar, with IronAxe guitarists "have to change only Presets, not Guitars" (nice slogan by me :) ).

Setting 'Controller Type' to "MIDI Keyboard" allows "Performance keys" (red keys) to be available to the user/performer.

Performance keys let the Keyboard performer to activate (and combine together) different guitarist's actions/techniques. Palm mutings, tapping harmonics, Up/Down Strums, note chunks, etc.. can easily be performed simply by pressing a key (or a combination of keys, eg: palm muting + power chords). 'The Line' audio demo is made in this way, using only a master keyboard played in real time for all Guitars parts. So realistic performances can be reached even using a standard master keyboard.

I hope I had been helpful.
Last edited by xhunaudio on Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xhunaudio wrote:'The Line' audio demo is made in this way, using only a master keyboard played in real time for all Guitars parts. So realistic performances can be reached even using a standard master keyboard.
That is seriously impressive because it sounds like someone playing a 'proper' guitar. I'd have never guessed that it was done on a keyboard.

Having said that, if it works so well using a keyboard I've not got an excuse to buy a MIDI guitar - even if it's only a YRG :D

Personally I used a YRG - You Rock Guitar in the dev/betatesting phase, and results are really impressive. I think YRG is a not so expensive but powerful MIDI controller, it surprised me specially for the short note response timing.

Sounds grrrrrrrreat! ~ Tony the Tiger
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

xhunaudio wrote:Personally I used a YRG - You Rock Guitar in the dev/betatesting phase, and results are really impressive. I think YRG is a not so expensive but powerful MIDI controller, it surprised me specially for the short note response timing.
Yep, got my YRG ready too.........xhunaudio, will there be some kind of lite demo player that we'll be able to test on.

Thanks

Hi Jason,

you mean a demo version? Sure, it will be available in time for IronAxe official release - April 2012. Keep your YRG turned on... :)

xhunaudio wrote:Hi Jason,

you mean a demo version? Sure, it will be available in time for IronAxe official release - April 2012. Keep your YRG turned on... :)
excellent Thanks!

Return to “Instruments”