Tyrell N6 2.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm just trying to get a handle on the knobs, how do you increase the size? I am thinking it would be in a script since the png file is large enough I think. I also lightened the lines for the sliders to look more like Diva.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote: I'm just trying to get a handle on the knobs, how do you increase the size? I am thinking it would be in a script since the png file is large enough I think. I also lightened the lines for the sliders to look more like Diva.
You'll need to go through the script and edit the size of each knob by hand :(

For each knob you'll have this....

CONTROL type='Knob' name='Knob 1431' bounds='364.00 69.00 48.00 48.00' parent='Pane 1630' layerMask='1'

You need to find the knob you want to change, I did that through a combination of an educated guess and trial and error, the red numbers are the position and the yellow is the size

Bear in mind if you change the size you'll have to move the postition HALF the increase or decrease to maintain it's position on the gui.

scoobz wrote:
So something like this.....

...might work for you ;)

It's just something I knocked up and probably won't see through to completion as the alignment of all the controls, boxes etc is just too all over the place and I haven't got time to wade through that layout script.

Gives a bit of u-he family continuity though :)
Looks good. IMHO the lighting at the top left corner does not look right because of the glow on the logo. The direction of both is different, hence looks odd.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

ENV1 wrote:(Unless someone is downright rude. Thats obviously where i draw the line.)
I certainly had no intention of being rude. I apologize if it came across that way but Toyish is the word that describes my opinion of your first mock up.:shrug:

Like I said earlier it's all the colors and the brushed background that seem to do it in for me.....

Here's a screenie of what I'm still using on Tyrell version 1:

As you can see it's just an edit of the original skin but I've made the background monochromatic. This is the style I prefer but I'm sure others would hate it. :shrug:

I like for a synth to look like it sounds...in other words Absynth can look as spacey as it wants because those are the types of sounds it makes. Tyrell on the other hand is just a good honest hard working analog synth and I think it should look like something from the period when it might have been hardware. Like the 80's Juno look or the 70's more Sequential look.......

Again all just my opinion and to be taken as just that....opinion..... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

braj wrote:I'm just trying to get a handle on the knobs, how do you increase the size?
The knobs appear so small because they have a lot of transparency around them, and Tyrell shrinks them so they fit into the set margin.

There are 2 way to fix that:

1) Remove the superflous transparency boxes from every knob image

2) Change the bounds param in all occurences of CONTROL type='Knob' from 32.00 32.00 to 60.00 60.00

EDIT: Ah well...too late... :D

Teksonik wrote:
ENV1 wrote:(Unless someone is downright rude. Thats obviously where i draw the line.)
I certainly had no intention of being rude. I apologize if it came across that way...
No need to apologize.

I know you didnt mean to be 'unfriendly' or anything.

OK, the size is easy, I increased the size from 36 to 48, but how much do I change each knob by? Once I know that it should be pretty simple. All the knobs are resized, juts need to reposition now :)
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Youre using the DivaGrey buttons too there, right?

If so you dont resize them at all, you adapt the script as outlined above.

(These images are 60x60, hence you replace 32.00 32.00 with 60.00 60.00)

ENV1 wrote:Youre using the DivaGrey buttons too there, right?

Yep, did that :) Only thing is the positions are all off, as well as the lables. Doing this by hand is soooooo fun :P

I have just demonstrated Tyrell N6, and I am very surprised how it sounds, you can watch demonstration here http://myvst.com/vst-instruments/ambien ... 6-freeware
In free time i work on my website http://myvst.com/ which provides a lot of free VST Video/Audio demos and downloads.

It was actually a combination of the post before the toyish comment and the one by Teksonik. Together they implied that the designer was a first level amateur :( With all the hard work i felt really sorry for him and didn't want him to stop working on it.

So many good skins .. it's almost like Urs need to make a couple of Tyrells with different characters! Almost!
I find the design of Tyrell to be perfection. The functions are right. The knobs and sliders are right. The sound is very right! Some kind of overdrive would be pretty cool though.

Is there no program that lets you design with wysiwyg*? (how old is that term! :lol:) Orion had one that worked very well.
*what you see is what you get
:hug:

braj wrote:
ENV1 wrote:Youre using the DivaGrey buttons too there, right?

Yep, did that :) Only thing is the positions are all off, as well as the lables. Doing this by hand is soooooo fun :P
The labels are tied to the knobs.

(Set via the 'parent' param.)

Thats why they move along.

Knobs again are tied to panes, (which allow you to move a lot of stuff around at once), panes can be parents or childs to other panes, and so forth.

Quite a powerful (yet simple) structure, once youve gotten the hang of it.

As for the knob positions; only way to fix those, unfortunately, is to edit all of the coord values (first pair of numbers of the bounds param), but im sure you realized that by now... :D
Last edited by ENV1 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@Crackbaby:

Just wanted to let you know that your stepping up for me is very appreciated.

It isnt very often these days that people defend someone they dont even know, so please do accept my sincere thanks.

ENV1 wrote:After so many dark skins i thought maybe we should have something brighter, like silver with some colors.

Feel free to comment/suggest/criticise...i wont release for another couple days so i can still make changes.

(Click thumbnail for fullsize.)
I agree with what others have said re the logo and removing the useless text. I would suggest removing the bottom stuff and flattening the chorus section runnng it all horizontally, and I'd also swap the OSC and OSC Mod sections. Also, all the labelling around/under your controls needs to be darker and sharper.

I need to fix the labels still, and adjust the knobs too a little, but this is about all I'm doing today. Thanks guys, Tyrell is a little more 'mine' now :) I'll work on the labels and background later.

Oh, a quick color variation, I like blue:

Return to “Instruments”