Tyrell N6 2.0

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote:No, this is beautiful......... :hihi:

Wait wasn't this thread about Tyrell...... :P
I was just giving an example for a Tyrell skin :) They are both beautiful BTW.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:I was just giving an example for a Tyrell skin :) They are both beautiful BTW.
Yes they are both beautiful. To each his own....in the eye of the beholder....and all that.....

I just prefer a nice monochrome background over one with a lot of colors. It's easier on my eyes and looks more professional. All in my opinion of course. Others prefer brightly colored GUI's.......to each his own :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Warning - off topic alert
The artist is his* own hardest critic. He's bathing in his own negativity and self doubts. When reaching out to others, it's for motivation to continue and to recharge his batteries. That's how I and all the artists i know function (not limited to the art of music).
(*or her)

These, including myself, are all creative people. We create for the love and need of creation. We're not mainly producers or do it for fortune or fame. If we were on a deserted island we would probably be making art of some form before we ate dinner.

There's no need to tell you, and it wouldn't be wise considering the rules at KVR, how i feel about those critics i've met in my life who looooves to spray their opinions on everyone like a rabid skunk. They all share the same psychological profile. Looners, defensive and totally awkward in any social situation. It's like they seek out the easiest target to vengeance their pitiful existence. Artists are sensitive people, especially about their art as it is in some way a direct link to their "soul".

While internet forums seems like a nest for critics, where they gather like vultures, i run in to them far too often in my real life.

If you don't respect (which is earned) the person, then don't respect his opinions. (he's allowed to have them though!)
If someone is of no importance to you, then neither is his opinions.
This is about art btw, not about politics or philosophy.
:hug:

Crackbaby wrote:Warning - off topic alert
Bravo, sir. Well said.

In other words, have a little empathy for your fellow artist, be it sonic or visual. There are nice ways to say you don't like something and offer useful, constructive criticism rather than outright say something is bad or what you don't like.

Also we're all on a learning curve, some further along than others, so think before you shoot people down.

And alot of artists tend to be sensitive folks, I've learnt that the hard way when collaborating with people and somehow things go from 'maybe we could change that line' to 'right that's it forget about it!!!!'

TL:DR..... be nice :)

So something like this.....

...might work for you ;)

It's just something I knocked up and probably won't see through to completion as the alignment of all the controls, boxes etc is just too all over the place and I haven't got time to wade through that layout script.

Gives a bit of u-he family continuity though :)
Last edited by scoobz on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oh and there was this....

Based on the original render by Stephan Gries :) combined with the carbon fibre theme of the v2 skin.

Drag to a new window to view full size or right click 'view image'

An awful and notorious troller called [color=yellow][b]Krakatau[/b][/color] wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Too toyish for me......... :shrug:
...rather than purely relevant, fair point
Just for correction, it looked indeed pretty nice there no point to quibble about it

That said i would regret that the color scheme might not perhaps have been exploited at the best to increase intuitiveness of the interface

:troll: :P :troll:

scoobz wrote:

So something like this.....

...might work for you ;)

It's just something I knocked up and probably won't see through to completion as the alignment of all the controls, boxes etc is just too all over the place and I haven't got time to wade through that layout script.

Gives a bit of u-he family continuity though :)
I'd suggest changing out the Moog-esque knobs for the Diva 'Roland' ones, as well as the faders. Throw some wood siding ala Diva and lighten up the bottom blank areas to be the same color as the top trim and you have a winner :) Maybe make a few color variations too.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Can you with the config files move all sliders and knobs around as you wish? Could you for instance make a GUI optimized for 8 knobs in a row like BCR2000?

(seeing the chorus seem to end up all over the place .. :))
:hug:

Sorry, forgot the handwritten font ;)

I tried some different shaded panels too but not sure the work, ah well ;)

And yes crackbaby, if you had the time and inclination you could do whatever you liked I guess.

scoobz wrote:Sorry, forgot the handwritten font ;)

And yes crackbaby, if you had the time and inclination you could do whatever you liked I guess.
i like this!
[Insert Signature Here]

scoobz wrote:Sorry, forgot the handwritten font ;)

OO, how do we get this? I've been editing the 1978 theme myself but one question I had was how to increase the size of the knobs? I grabbed the Diva 'roland' knobs but they are smaller than expected, I'd like to scale them up. Is it just a matter of resizing the png files?

Crackbaby wrote:If someone is of no importance to you, then neither is his opinions.
Oh Irony....sweet Irony........:lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Phase47 wrote:
Crackbaby wrote:Warning - off topic alert
Bravo, sir. Well said.
I never say anything on the Internet that I wouldn't say to someone's face...eye to eye...But then I don't live on Lollipop Lane in Marshmallow Town where it's all Rainbows and Unicorns. I live in the real world and when someone asks for my opinion I will give it.....honestly. Just like I'm about to honestly say that I do like some of the screenshots above....because they don't look Toyish. If that's too harsh for anyone then the Choo Choo bound for Cotton Candy City is boarding as we speak...... :lol:

Return to “Instruments”