MauSynth VSTi official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MauSynth

Alright, thanks. Looking forward to it. :)

excellent I love this vsti. it is bad ass and I love the really weird sounds I get with using random setting generators. Just keep pressing till you get something usable.

Great to hear Mausynth 2 is being developed.
Will the presets created with this version be fully compatible with the new version ? I am asking because i have a lot of presets which i hope to post soon , after i organise and name them (the most difficult part for me).
In case they are not and version 2 is near maybe i might as well wait to properly adapt them to the new version.

In my opinion this is the most ''pro'' sounding free synth.
Thanks for your efforts.

timius wrote:Great to hear Mausynth 2 is being developed.
Will the presets created with this version be fully compatible with the new version ? I am asking because i have a lot of presets which i hope to post soon , after i organise and name them (the most difficult part for me).
In case they are not and version 2 is near maybe i might as well wait to properly adapt them to the new version.

In my opinion this is the most ''pro'' sounding free synth.
Thanks for your efforts.
The presets are not directly compatible, but similar sounds can be re-created in MauSynth 2.

Mau 2's being worked on, huh? Thought the code was lost or something...well, it's news to me anyways. Mau 1 is awesome, and I can't wait to give you more beer money Pekka---

Any updates about the MauSynth 2 yet ?

The Mau Kaksi :D

It's been a long time. Any news on MauSynth 2? :pray:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Just discovered this free synth. Seems really capable. Loving the 'steel' GUI.

I download MauSynth10 for Win32 systems.

1. In my FL Studio9 Mau-plug had no presets, and not making a sound. I turned all the knobs, but the sound was not. Also, i download sound bank for MauSynth from AZ, and load him. Names of the presets appears, but the sound is still no. All my other VSTi works fine. I do not understand what's the matter.

2. In my PreSonus Studio One 2 same things. Built in presets is missing, but sound of the plug have lots of scary noisy artifacts and very big latency.

On this video MauSynth works fine, i see the presets names etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYKKVb3M-ag

I have WinXP, Celeron 2.4 Hz, 2Gb memory, and simply multimedia soundcard. Microsoft C++ distributive installed.

A Celeron running XP is a pretty minimal configuration for Studio One and Mausynth, but with some tweaks I expect it should work. Try using ASIO4All as your audio driver (that's what I'm using with Studio One 2.6 on Windows 10). http://asio4all.com/
You'll have to install it, probably reboot, then start Studio One and find ASIO4All in it's Settings' Audio panel. Also, crank up the latency to 2048 samples.

The same approach (ASIO @ 2048 samples) should probably work for FL, but I've never used that program, so I can only guess.

Good luck. My first track in Studio One was actually the Mausynth OSC, so I totally think it's worth the effort to get the two working together. :D

Absolutely love it. Using it in real projects more and more. Thank you so much.
https://soundcloud.com/vospi
I love music, worked with a number of music/rhythm/dance games like Pump It Up, In The Groove, Cytus and Deemo, and teach music production.

Me too. She"s a little beauty :tu:

It sounds really good, I am a fan :)

This is one fantastic sounding synth (I've tried a lot trust me) but the ocs tuning knob makes it very hard to manipulate and use.

There is no numerical feedback (even in my host with the generic GUI) so to try and obtain slight detunes for example is quite hard. I tried right clicking, using shift/alt or whatever...nothing.

I can excuse this missing from the other controls but a fine tune option would be great if not necessary..otherwise I feel it's kinda ruining everything else.

Thanks!

OK so I tried to get the osc tuning right. It seems the tuning knobs have fixed fine tuning values so it's a question of adjusting the mouse scroll or pointer speed to get there.

I personally use my hosts (Mulab) default gui knob where my mouse scrolls really slowly (it bypasses windows settings) and can get the fine tuning.

Clicking the mouse on the synth knob will work but it's a question if going very slowly.

Return to “Instruments”