MauSynth VSTi official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MauSynth

Mechanought wrote:I'm using Renoise v2.8.0 and I can't get it to recognize Mau5ynth at all.

I put the VST in my usual VST folder and so far, even upon multiple rescans, re-downloads, and checking to make sure the file is in the proper folder, it just simply isn't listed in Renoise.

Not sure what the problem is, Renoise recognizes every other VST, but it doesn't recognize Mau5ynth.

I also downloaded the 2010 C++ to no avail.
RC2 loads and works fine for me. Renoise 2.8/WinXP.

Here's a version 1.0 mp3 sneak peek for you: http://rinki.net/pekka/mausynthbeta/mausneakpeek.mp3 (sorry for my bad keyboard playing)

Everything's improved there... not many days till release!

:-o Sounds great ! Looking forward to the next release. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote::-o Sounds great ! Looking forward to the next release. :)
1.0 release is out.

http://rinki.net/pekka/mausynth/

What's new:

- New filter. It's a combination of the original MauSynth filter and Teemu Voipio's zero-feedback delay filter that was in the BETA RC2 version.
- New GUI.
- Double polyphony.

There is something weird on here latest FL beta. Every preset makes "click" sound and the release cut itself after 1-2 sec. No matter how long the release is, it just cut it. Also, mousewheel doesn't working at all. Remember that working on some of the beta, but it worked totally randomly then too. Seems to be buggy.

keel wrote:There is something weird on here latest FL beta. Every preset makes "click" sound and the release cut itself after 1-2 sec. No matter how long the release is, it just cut it. Also, mousewheel doesn't working at all. Remember that working on some of the beta, but it worked totally randomly then too. Seems to be buggy.
With FL Studio 10 everything works here.

The mousewheel support should be as it's implemented in the VST GUI framework. I use the knobs and sliders as they're provided by Steinberg.

keel wrote:There is something weird on here latest FL beta. Every preset makes "click" sound and the release cut itself after 1-2 sec.
I think I caught this. There was a new feature in MauSynth that stops all processing of audio when there's no activity (to save CPU time). This caused some issues in FL Studio. I disabled the feature for now.

mr.bungle wrote:
What's new:

- New GUI.
Dude I love you dearly but that GUI......... :-o :shock: :o

Thanks for making this great sounding synth free but I'm having a hard time working with it........ :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thank you for a very nice sounding synth.
Running fine here in energyXT and Reaper. Great job with the automation of the cutoff CC#74 works great with my old Roland A-30 keyboard where most VSTi's don't fare so well.

Joe

Teksonik wrote:Dude I love you dearly but that GUI......... :-o :shock: :o
Hehe :) ... well, I guess it was already obvious that our tastes are the polar opposites when it comes to GUI:s. Though I admit there's quite a few things that are objectively bad in the current GUI, like visibility of some texts / knobs.

Here's the original GUI design from almost exactly one year back:

now that's awful!!!

In any case, I'm not going to improve the GUI anymore in the near future. Even thinking about MauSynth makes me sick... It's time to start a new project.

No, this is awful.......... :hihi:

mr.bungle wrote: Even thinking about MauSynth makes me sick... It's time to start a new project.
That's a shame. Mausynth had such potential......however after having a play with the release last night I'd swear it had lost some of it's charm and character...perhaps I was just tired after a long day. Oh well......deleted now. Good luck with your future projects. :tu:

I don't like the new GUI, but synth is really good. :wink:
yzcoruhT

Teksonik wrote:.however after having a play with the release last night I'd swear it had lost some of it's charm and character...:
You have quite sharp ears. There's some truth in this. The original filter was quite quirky (albeit 0dfb one as well) but produced some interesting and lively sounds. Mid to high resonance settings and fast modulation sounded awful though, so I had to change it.

The new filter can do 99% of the good sounds of the original filter, but it's a bit vanilla sounding. Still, it compares very well to my Prophet 08, so essentially you get 1500$ synth for free ;)

I can easily make a build that has the original filter, I'll link it to this thread later.

I just heard a few clips of MauSynth...I like what I hear.

I also like the way you indicate how the signal flows via those arrows, BUT! (you know what I'm gonna say...)

The GUI, dude!
If only someone volunteered to help you out with that...would you allow them?

Otherwise, I'm well impressed. :wink:

Return to “Instruments”