MauSynth VSTi official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MauSynth

working fine in cubase but freezes fl10...

Works fine here too in Usine, react correctly to our randomize function
A little suggestion: display for the detune value could be useful..?
Thanks for the freebie

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

nay-seven wrote:Works fine here too in Usine, react correctly to our randomize function
A little suggestion: display for the detune value could be useful..?
Thanks for the freebie
Currently I'm printing the slider values only for discrete controls (polyphony etc.). But I could implement a label (or a tooltip) where value is printed when moving any continuous control.

Want skinning support? :)

mr.bungle wrote:
Want skinning support? :)
Yes that would be great. I don't have the talent or skill to create a skin from scratch but there are lots of people who do....... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Wow :-o this synth sounds really nice. I almost dismissed it because of the interface. Keep up the good work! :tu:

Teksonik wrote:Wow :-o this synth sounds really nice. I almost dismissed it because of the interface. Keep up the good work! :tu:
Thanks! My personal opinion is that the GUI is where MauSynths excels. I strongly dislike the hardware imitations and cluttered GUIs of most modern VST:s. But this is very subjective matter, skinning support would be optimal for everyone.

Anyway, there's a version available now with slightly updated GUI. Nothing much, just smaller fonts and other minor changes.

mr.bungle wrote:Oddly, my personal opinion is that the GUI is where MauSynths excels.
Really? I guess this is where we can agree to disagree. To look at Mausynth you'd never know it's got such a nice sound and character. A synth's GUI should do justice to the sound underneath and in my opinion this one does not. To me Mausynth sounds professional but does not look the same way. The harsh, uncomplimentary colors and the 10 unlabeled knobs would be a good place to start. You wouldn't need to imitate hardware at all. Just give it the same quality visually that it has sonically......

But like you said it's all subjective and skinning support would allow people to customize it to their tastes. I think Mausynth has lots of potential and I will definitely be keeping an eye on it's development. Thanks again. :)

Am I the only thinking that the name of this synth is just begging for legal trouble?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote:Am I the only thinking that the name of this synth is just begging for legal trouble?
Bring 'em on ;)

hi,

OK with Xlutop Chainer

"feedback is welcome"
interesting fresh GUI. i like it.
eventually a optional setting for a vertical knob behavior ?

novaflash wrote:interesting fresh GUI. i like it.
Why? What do you find interesting and/or fresh?

I like this Gui too, it's clear and creative ( even if you don't see it).
I would maybe desaturate and darken a little the green part , but maybe come from my screen

cryophonik wrote:Am I the only thinking that the name of this synth is just begging for legal trouble?
Yes, I believe you're the only thinking.

I really came back to say that it sounds great, and it's a joy to use, I have no problem with the GUI at all. I would hate to see this thread get mired in a debate on GUI's unless it's both constructive and relevant to this synth.

Return to “Instruments”