iZotope Iris

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Very nice synth, great interface!

The one feature I really miss coming from Cameleon/Alchemy is the ability to morph between the four soundsources.
Yeas that would be good - in that respect both Alchemy and Cube are ahead still. Also the envelopes and filters are very basic - Alchemy has a broader range of filter types and multi point envelopes, a non brainer really in this type of synth, Poseidon has simpler envelopes but some quite innovative filter types. I like the rest of the interface but the lack of these features makes me wonder if it really adds anything I don't have already with Poseidon, Cube and Alchemy.

Anyone know if you can "move" in more than one direction through the sound at the same time? (eg in Poseidon I can have different voices moving through the sound landscape at different rates and in different directions - very cool)

Here are a few more audio examples. I've included the original sample before each of the new IRIS patches I created. I really love this synth so far... extremely intuitive and easy to use.

http://soundcloud.com/jgeer/iris-examples

j0nmark wrote:Here are a few more audio examples. I've included the original sample before each of the new IRIS patches I created. I really love this synth so far... extremely intuitive and easy to use.

those sound really nice indeed, i would really love to see a video of some of those audioexamples :)

j0nmark wrote:Here are a few more audio examples. I've included the original sample before each of the new IRIS patches I created. I really love this synth so far... extremely intuitive and easy to use.

Those are awesome!!

Groove3 already has "iris explained" out.

I guess once I get the reaper shit taken care of I'll reinstall the demo and check it out again........ (I already have a full pass for groove3)

hibidy wrote:Groove3 already has "iris explained" out.

I guess once I get the reaper shit taken care of I'll reinstall the demo and check it out again........ (I already have a full pass for groove3)
Better do it before the 10 day trial period is over. Otherwise you're screwed.

Arglebargle wrote:
hibidy wrote:Groove3 already has "iris explained" out.

Better do it before the 10 day trial period is over. Otherwise you're screwed.
Well, I no worry too much, I don't think it's going to work out. But for those of you who are interested you can do a 5 day pass for 5 bucks.

oh no !

you don't want me to buy this thing,won't you ? :x

i already prescribed a synth purchase stop for myself.
every reason against this thing is welcome,help me. :cry:

t3toooo wrote:oh no !

It's not a synth, it's a sample player. Solved that for ya! ;-)

jensa wrote:
t3toooo wrote:oh no !

It's not a synth, it's a sample player. Solved that for ya! ;-)
indeed,this changes everything. :hihi: :P

this looks and sounds inspiring. Will buy it definately

What is the closest commercial plugin to share similarities with Iris? I am looking for these vsti/vsti. My main goal is to be able to manipulate wav-files for sound design in other ways than just using filters, etc that I have heard many times before

Azarashi wrote:What is the closest commercial plugin to share similarities with Iris? I am looking for these vsti/vsti. My main goal is to be able to manipulate wav-files for sound design in other ways than just using filters, etc that I have heard many times before
iZotope RX2 :lol:

Sampleconstruct wrote:
ariston wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Iris doesn't timestretch unfortunately...
Can't quite figure this... maybe they left it out for performance reasons. The anti-chipmunk algorithm is already doing a Diva on my machine.
Or they'll release an "Advanced" version for 999 bucks with that feature included :?:
Yeah, their advertising misled me into believing iZotope was "professional" until they released a "Pro" version for a lot more dosh. I never did upgrade after that. Their plugins are overpriced which is the other reason I haven't bought anything from them for ages.

Azarashi wrote:What is the closest commercial plugin to share similarities with Iris? I am looking for these vsti/vsti. My main goal is to be able to manipulate wav-files for sound design in other ways than just using filters, etc that I have heard many times before
Virsyn Poseidon and Alchemy

Return to “Instruments”