iZotope Iris

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dayjob wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:Guess what NO One suggested making the selections into modulation destinations...
i'm all for that.. actually.. i'm all for everything being a mod destination/source. let's live on the edge.
Bit like asking for drag chutes while it's still hitched to your sister's pony though.

I have no hope whatsoever that the masks themselves will ever be able to be modulated, they have shown far too little 'vision' for that in this tool IMO. They're never going to go there. I do have a little hope the loop points and playback speed will, and when they do, it will be awesome to me as well and I will be happy too.

wasi wrote:
dayjob wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:Guess what NO One suggested making the selections into modulation destinations...
i'm all for that.. actually.. i'm all for everything being a mod destination/source. let's live on the edge.
Bit like asking for drag chutes while it's still hitched to your sister's pony though.

I have no hope whatsoever that the masks themselves will ever be able to be modulated, they have shown far too little 'vision' for that in this tool IMO. They're never going to go there. I do have a little hope the loop points and playback speed will, and when they do, it will be awesome to me as well and I will be happy too.
yeah.. it's surprising no one in the room said "hey.. let's...." but maybe they did and everyone said.. "but it's bug free right now" or something...

i've gotten some sounds out of it that i really like and it's definitely done some nice things to weird loops from circuit bent instruments etc.

i think if they could cross breed it w/some of the features of a granular synth that'd be cool.. but i'm not having any trouble using it and having fun discoveries. it's pretty fast to get around on considering what it does.

i can't wait to finish up the things i'm working on so i can spend more time with it and really figure out how to best fit it into my work flow.

Shabdahbriah wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:Imaging making your selections grow out of nothing to reveal at speed of your choosing what your ideas are. I'm sure though that something similiar may happen in other synths...
It's called: "Symplant".

:wink:
That program scares me.
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

wasi wrote:I have no hope whatsoever that the masks themselves will ever be able to be modulated, they have shown far too little 'vision' for that in this tool IMO. They're never going to go there.
Its also about the hardest possible thing to achieve, in terms of the underlying technology. I think I would urge him to contact iZotope directly with his concerns, they are the ones that can take his suggestions and bring the needed resources to bear on the problem. Here it's just about making him look good, showing the forum that he 'knows it all'. His glory here is at the expense of the quiet guy who does the actual work and takes the risks..
OFFICIAL free competition : If you' see martiu post 'why you mad homie' or similar after this post, you are a prizewinner, and a free reverb plugin is yours. PM martiu immediately, and ask for your prize. He'll give it to you, baby!

New track with Iris

Some modulations from Numerology into the most prominent surging sound. Pan, Distortion.

Sounds from Wood Voice Experimental Keys, and Patchool subscriptions

https://www.box.com/s/9t0pt8lcrvkmifj2ted1

Lot's of work getting into depth with Iris sound libraries.

Trying out ideas on modulating the selections was a 4 minute exercise either

Warning in Whyte Rabbit post above is putting the two texts in close proximity that never were together, the original text never was directed at WhyteRabbit not a Wasi, sorry for any misunderstanding this may cause but I lay the blame wholly at Whyte Rabbits feet.

Reporting to moderators..

TwoToneshuzz wrote:[...] Warning in Whyte Rabbit post above is putting the two texts in close proximity that never were together, the original text never was directed at WhyteRabbit not a Wasi, sorry for any misunderstanding this may cause but I lay the blame wholly at Whyte Rabbits feet.
Wow, thanks for the "warning". I (for one) see no evident "mis-understanding", regardless of how one might 'twist' it. Merely, an 'observation' on the part of whyterabbyt.
TwoToneshuzz wrote:Reporting to moderators..
Now, that's "mature".

~ Relax... breathe.

there ya go. all better.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Sorry but WhyteRabbit is on my Case. Here he puts a text that was a Reply to him not to Wasi.

So Wasi reads the above and gets the idea that I was mad at him, we have recently come on better footing.

Again I take my part of the blame for the state of things between myself and WhyteRabbit. But he uses this above text to put me in a negative light in an unrelaated exchange. He's lambasted me to an extreme extent in another of his posts. That would by all points of view seem sufficient venting.

This was unrelated to the issues at hand and the sole reason was to stir up trouble. This is not in the spirit of the forum rules..

I take the time to make a report to the forum moderators, to curb a possible negative spiral in a thread on an interesting piece of gear. How is that not mature?

Sorry, I must have missed the interpersonal 'drama' part of the program, so was not aware of any (seeming) 'misgivings', whether real or imagined.

(carry-on)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote:Sorry, I must have missed the interpersonal 'drama' part of the program, so was not aware of any (seeming) 'misgivings', whether real or imagined.

(carry-on)

Like your style. Thanks!
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:Sorry but WhyteRabbit is on my Case. Here he puts a text that was a Reply to him not to Wasi.

So Wasi reads the above and gets the idea that I was mad at him, we have recently come on better footing.

Again I take my part of the blame for the state of things between myself and WhyteRabbit. But he uses this above text to put me in a negative light in an unrelaated exchange. He's lambasted me to an extreme extent in another of his posts. That would by all points of view seem sufficient venting.

This was unrelated to the issues at hand and the sole reason was to stir up trouble. This is not in the spirit of the forum rules..

I take the time to make a report to the forum moderators, to curb a possible negative spiral in a thread on an interesting piece of gear. How is that not mature?
I'd love to know how my basic agreement with Wasi somehow causes him to 'get the idea' that some other person is mad at him. I didnt attribute anything I said in my post to TTZ, so where would Wasi actually get this notion from?

T : blah
W : I dont agree with blah
WR : I dont agree with blah either.
T : Look, WR is making it look as though Im mad at W
OFFICIAL free competition : If you' see martiu post 'why you mad homie' or similar after this post, you are a prizewinner, and a free reverb plugin is yours. PM martiu immediately, and ask for your prize. He'll give it to you, baby!

TwoToneshuzz wrote:Warning in Whyte Rabbit post above is putting the two texts in close proximity that never were together, the original text never was directed at WhyteRabbit not a Wasi, sorry for any misunderstanding this may cause but I lay the blame wholly at Whyte Rabbits feet.

Reporting to moderators..
The only two texts in proximity in my post; my reply and the text I was replying to. Im entirely to blame for my reply, obviously, but if someone can explain why it requires a 'warning' and 'reporting to a moderator', I'd appreciate it.

wasi wrote:
dayjob wrote:

I don't have a long history with iZotope so I'm not predisposed to thinking that a newly released instrument will never get this or that feature.

Development pace is perhaps all a matter of economics. it seems to me that even though it may seem like it's missing features a lot of work has been put into bringing it up to it's present state. Also when I check out the whole range of sounds available I see that there's been an enorumous amount of work put in to showing that it's not just a one trick pony..

So perhaps implementing a few missed features and developing new functionality might be enough to tip the scales and bring increased exposure and sales to make the Iris instrument actually begin to turn a profit. I don't sense that at this point in time they have broken even. Unless the sound designers were working on commision.

Back to Iris present feature set, I personally llke that Iris is focused and easy to get to grips with. My speculations about the Selections as Modulation destinations were just that. An interesting idea, but not proven to be viable and super usefull.

Many offerings actually turn me off if there are too many funcions and options which need to be considered.

[quote="TwoToneshuzz"]Sorry but WhyteRabbit is on my Case. Here he puts a text that was a Reply to him not to Wasi.

/quote]

You're making a fool of yourself. Take a break. I suggest re-reading the posts, Whyterabbit's comments, and your own and ask yourself what you're on about.

Brando wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:Sorry but WhyteRabbit is on my Case. Here he puts a text that was a Reply to him not to Wasi.

/quote]

You're making a fool of yourself. Take a break. I suggest re-reading the posts, Whyterabbit's comments, and your own and ask yourself what you're on about.
Why is this interesting to you?

I have my reasons for responding to this the way I did. So I rest easy about being called a fool by you.

Back on track finding useful ideas and angles on the dicussion, what Iris strengths are gathering the best inputs from users that have had something insightful and relevant to share about Irises core features.

There has been a great deal of informative insights shared on this thread.

So I'm going digging. 8)
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Return to “Instruments”