The end of Albino

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DrGonzo wrote:Discovery can read Nord Lead presets
:shock:
I didn't know this. Why did I not know this? This is amazing.
* need Discovery in my arsenal now *
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:
DrGonzo wrote:Discovery can read Nord Lead presets
:shock:
I didn't know this. Why did I not know this? This is amazing.
* need Discovery in my arsenal now *
Yes - it is very cool :)

But the people at Clavia are very laidback - at least the people I've met. I couldn't imagine them running around telling developers that they cannot use Nord Lead presets.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Arcvidean wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:
kelvyn wrote:Does Predator have the same architecture as Albino 3 and is it able to load A3 presets? If not I don't understand the tone of Rob Papens reply... I'm a bit confused by the situation as Albino 3 has both LinPlug and Rob Papens name on it and would assume that both companies would be trying to find a positive solution to the situation.
If it's backwards compatible it would need to share the same code as Albino. And if Rob isnt receiving proceeds from the sale he is providing his code/work for free.

I completely understand his position.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I always thought the code was by Linplug and the presets by Rob Papen.However the copyright was held by both

Arcvidean.
correct

As you might know, I made presets for E-mu, Ensonique, Waldorf (hardware) and Access Virus (a and b / the RP presets).

For building a custom synth, I seeked a partner. LinPlug agreed and I layed out the specs. The base was at time time the Delta III.

Things like "cream filter" "silk filter" "chord memory", "arpeggiator features" and the "layer idea".....for Albino3. These all where my ideas.

Of course, there was feedback/ideas from Linplug and good team work at that time.

So if people think, it was "Linplug" synth with RP presets. Sorry guys...fully wrong.

This is the story with all the respect for Linplug.
So it is far more then my presets only.

I do not mind that Linplug uses Albino3 as base for his new big synthesizer.
He does not have to agree with me anymore and can do fully his own thing.

Sales stops at end 2012, but Albino3 will be maintained for 2 years by Linplug.
So nothing to complaine about.

Once he new synth is out, please be creative do not see this as replacement for Albino3.

Rob
www.robpapen.com

"Inspiration SoundWare"

Rob Papen wrote:Sales stops at end 2012
Why?
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote:
Why?
Sure, good point. We could keep it as 'classic'
IT ends because it starts to get dated....... feature wise and sound wise
All the other products that carry my name, have certain features (bank manager and quick browser" and so on......

Soundwise we maybe should not change it, since this mellow sound is of course 'also a sound'.

But you have a point of course. Still I think, Linplug should make a new flagship.
www.robpapen.com

"Inspiration SoundWare"

DrGonzo wrote:I don't know how DiscoDSP gets away with the fact that Discovery can read Nord Lead presets.
/C
Or, for that matter, that NI FM7 and FM8 can access Yamaha DX7 presets.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Rob Papen wrote:Linplug should make a new flagship.
It should be called Pigment :D

Mushy Mushy wrote:
Rob Papen wrote:Linplug should make a new flagship.
It should be called Pigment :D
Or PigmenStation

Rob Papen wrote:
DrGonzo wrote:
Why?
Sure, good point. We could keep it as 'classic'
IT ends because it starts to get dated....... feature wise and sound wise
All the other products that carry my name, have certain features (bank mananger and quick browser" and so on......

But you have a point of course. Still I think, Linplug should make a new flagship.
I think the original Virus came at the end of the 90s and it's still a pretty big player. It doesn't sound dated and the original architecture is still being updated. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I get the impression you don't want Albino to be developed further. As I said - that's the impression I get. But I may be wrong.

/C

maybe an idiotic idea but if Albino will not be supported and it won't be continued in any other way (ie Albino 4) maybe it would be possible to set it as a free thing.
i have my license so it's not a wishful thinking from my end but considering that it is a "classic"...
anyway just a thought...

bronxsound wrote:maybe an idiotic idea but if Albino will not be supported and it won't be continued in any other way (ie Albino 4) maybe it would be possible to set it as a free thing.
i have my license so it's not a wishful thinking from my end but considering that it is a "classic"...
anyway just a thought...
NOooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont want everybody in the world to have it :x

^ :D

bronxsound wrote:maybe an idiotic idea but if Albino will not be supported and it won't be continued in any other way (ie Albino 4) maybe it would be possible to set it as a free thing.
anyway just a thought...
That is a fantastic way of p1&*ing off your customers that have just paid €150 for it!

Albino is a bit dated, there are some newer (I would say also better synth) this days. For me Predator has replaced Albino since a long time (I'm a long time Albino use since it was released).

Because it's stated from both guys (Peter and Rob) that there will never be a Albino 4 it's ok to stop support for this product line. But I would not move the Albino to the virtual trash. Make it a "classic line" and sell it for some Euros with the note that it's a discontinued product.

If Peter from Linplug has a idea for something like a "replacement" than it's fine! I think since Albino there is not really a very good synth released by Linplug (IMO!)

Rob Papen wrote:
...I do not mind that Linplug uses Albino3 as base for his new big synthesizer.
He does not have to agree with me anymore and can do fully his own thing...

Rob
That's very magnanimous of you. But, hang on, didn't you also say:
Rob Papen wrote: I will never allow my preset to be worked in this new product.
- which looks a little, umm, petty? I can't imagine Peter making some of the comments you've made, or the tone of those comments, on a public forum...

Just a thought :)

Return to “Instruments”