The end of Albino

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

this is a real pity. I loved this synth. The filter is damn good. Or should I say "WAS" ? :shrug:
"For some reason everyone on this site hates Roger Nichols, loves Zebra, doesn't need a Virus (unless it's TI), uses Reaper, and thinks the Kaoss pad is cool: remember these rules and you'll be popular." (blackboyrockinit)

Still is. :)

I've only played with the demos but I much preferred the sound of Albino to Predator (my favourite RP synth is Blue so go figure..).

I'm blue da-ba-de-ba-de-dow :cry:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Acrobat wrote:this is a real pity. I loved this synth. The filter is damn good. Or should I say "WAS" ? :shrug:
Still working and still supported until 2014.........hopefully it will keep working long after that. There's already a 64 bit version.....
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Sendy wrote:I've only played with the demos but I much preferred the sound of Albino to Predator (my favourite RP synth is Blue so go figure..).

What I love about Albino are the 4 layers.....you can get some pretty complex sounds out of her........ :love:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Sendy wrote:I've only played with the demos but I much preferred the sound of Albino to Predator (my favourite RP synth is Blue so go figure..).

Same here!
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Blue is excellent. I'm looking forward to the release of Blue2, it'll be interesting to see what improvements are made to an already great VSTi :)

Resonator63 wrote:Blue is excellent. I'm looking forward to the release of Blue2, it'll be interesting to see what improvements are made to an already great VSTi :)
Blue is indeed excellent but is programmed by a completely different developer than Albino and hence has it's own character. Albino and Blue could easily live side by side in anyone's vst folder and compliment each quite well....... :)

Does Albino work on Windows 8?

Official support for Windows 7 stops in 2020, so you can use Albino for 7 more years safely.
Has anybody ever really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

@midnight wrote:Does Albino work on Windows 8?

Official support for Windows 7 stops in 2020, so you can use Albino for 7 more years safely.
Works fine. Windows 8 is just 7 with a new GUI

Today i have received a Linplug newsletter that announced an update of Albino to v3.2.

Quote:

"Albino updated to version 3.2

Though its not on sale anymore we still care and today release update 3.2 which is free of charge and fixes a number of potential problems:
- fixed: GUI resize not working in Cubase 7
- fixed: Automation not working in Cubase 6.5 and up
- fixed: crash when switching presets rapidly
- fixed: Flanger might create distorted sound after a few hours of work
- fixed: microtuning might not work after song/project restore
You find it at the location mentioned in your registration mail, please get back if you need help locating it. Just to remind you: support for Albino is going to continue until at least end of May 2014. "

The download link is that which i got at the original purchase (which is long ago...).
It's in the "Legacy products" section.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

From the latest April newsletter from Linplug:

"We will be back next month with more updates and first info's about our new flagship synth,
take care & thank you for your support

Peter & Pavol from LinPlug"

Some new updates regarding the replacement synth for Albino 3:

"if you like the CrX4 or MorphoX GUI you will feel at home right away; like always we spend a lot of time (just these days) to get the handling right. The audio engine is basically done, except for any problems that might come up during testing, which is also happening right now.

Branis once again is doing the GUI and while he has a really nice first draft I not want to publish that yet as I not yet want to show too much Smile Sorry Very Happy We're also working with Nico / Bigtone again as I just want to have the - in my opinion - best sound designer on board. He's also the guy who is making me most work these days, which is - you guess it - a good thing!

We shifted release to autumn, because Pavol our Mac coder is just volunteering in Africa and not available full time, so things will take a bit longer which is good for product quality. We will also have a special price for Albino owners then, kind of crossgrade."

Posted here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=366054

Return to “Instruments”