The end of Albino

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I love that synth! Sad to hear there will be no more support nor updates for this beast. A fresh updated Albino 4 would have been so great :(

'Rob Papen updates Blade to v1.0.0c and announces Albino 3 to be discontinued at the end of 2012' from:

http://www.kvraudio.com/news/rob-papen- ... 2012-18953

Albino 3 is currently the only synth i kept from Rob Papen. I got Albino 2 around the end of 2004 (upgraded to v3 later) and it was my first VST softsynth. Those are really sad news. :cry:

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I wonder if that means Linplug will pick up the Delta line again since it was basically a revamped Delta 3?

Maybe they had a ten years contract for it?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

sad new, indeed...

,,,though i may adnit that for a few, this instrument might have by definition, lacking colors...huh ?

:P

Sad but now i think what synth use replace it becouse i need similar strings/pads what it have i cannot program sounds whnat i mean. basic reason why i cannot use Massive replace it which is timbrally most close what i have. others what i have are Blue,FM8,Reaktor and Logic softsynths.

Why do you need to replace it if it's still working in the OS and DAW your using?

At least it was 64bit updated, so even if there's no more support nor updates it should still work for the near future.

Thanks for the update. I have missed Albino ever since I sold it. I was actually thinking about buying it again in the near future. So much for that idea...

I quite like Albino 3 - it's a 'bread'n'butter' synth in the very best sense.

Out of curiosisty I downloaded the demo of Blade and uninstalled it right after going through (most of) the enclosed presets. About 80 per cent or so of the factory patches can be characterised as 'special FX' - not playable in any conventional sense of the word. The rest was swirling, very digital and thin sounding pads. Yeech!

On top of that, I think that Blade was the cause of the very first kernel panic I've ever had on my MacBook Pro, when the 30 minute grace period was over and the noise set in.

Not my cuppa, that's for sure. :uhuhuh:

Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Albino is a lovely, useable synth. Being discontinued doesn't make it any less useable for a long time to come.

filter303 wrote:Why do you need to replace it if it's still working in the OS and DAW your using?
Yes why is it " the end " ? If it's working on 64 bit OS now why panic? I'd suggest buying it by the end of the year if it's something you've always wanted. I love my Albino 3 and until there is a 128 bit operating system I don't see it's demise coming anytime in the near future.......Besides it was programmed by Linplug not Rob Papen so maybe they'll pick it up at the end of 2012........ :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Redspark wrote:Albino is a lovely, useable synth. Being discontinued doesn't make it any less useable for a long time to come.
Has a really nice sound layer system and a great mod matrix :) oh and a super sound.

This is sad.. If updates are stopped as well as support and not just actually discontinuing sales.. then i am :(

this is my actual most used synth, closely followed by nexus.

I use albino in every single track for pads. I hope it stays up to date at least with mac OS etc

filter303 wrote:Why do you need to replace it if it's still working in the OS and DAW your using?

Becouse i cannot know when it stops working... and to be breadbutter synths are blue,albino and reaktor. which i can complete some weird sounds.

ps. 64bit enveorment is hard use 32bit plugins.

Return to “Instruments”