Any other recommendations for warm phat VA synth free or commercial

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ghettosynth wrote:Anyone then? Do any of you think that EQ and Reverb will make SQ8L sound like Diva? Because maybe I should just sell my Diva, right? I mean, if all I need is EQ and reverb to make any old synth sound like Diva, then why do I need Diva?
Awesome! I want that effect, too! ;)

TB4C wrote:The songs for the bass sound..... Haddayway- what is love
LOL! Yes, that clears up quite a lot. Only one person mentioned FM, the rest of us lose. ;)

ghettosynth wrote:I suppose that explains why I found the JX8P a bit hard to believe.
The JX10 has that preset that sounds exactly like Forever Young. I always thought that's where they got the sound, too.

Alright..... I found the bass I am looking for in Urs ACE.... Now the pads and leads....
The notes you don't play creates the silent gaps for you to hear the notes you do play :phones:

By the way.... can anyone tell me how to edit the title of this thread...?
The notes you don't play creates the silent gaps for you to hear the notes you do play :phones:

Could Zebra fit any of this bill or is it More digital sounding?

ghettosynth wrote: Anyone then? Do any of you think that EQ and Reverb will make SQ8L sound like Diva? Because maybe I should just sell my Diva, right? I mean, if all I need is EQ and reverb to make any old synth sound like Diva, then why do I need Diva?
Seriously i tried to use an EQ (Stillwell VibeEQ to be exactly) with Saurus at the Low Shelf and it gets a much better low end this way besides the fact that it also sounds great without.
BTW it could happen that such kind of EQ or "Bass Boost" (besides the current "Boost" feature) will be implemented in a future update of Saurus.

Phew, i finally managed not to mention the D-word here :).

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

TB4C wrote:By the way.... can anyone tell me how to edit the title of this thread...?
For you, next to the "reply with quote" button should be an "Edit" button in the top right of the OP. Click on that and edit the "Subject" field.

TB4C wrote:Could Zebra fit any of this bill or is it More digital sounding?

Yes, Zebra can... It has a wide range of tools and can sound a wide range of different ways... Try the demo and decide.

Peter999 wrote:You too might check OP-X PRO-II which is on sale right now.

Comes with a whooping free library of 1'700 presets including many famous 80ies sounds and classic synth emulations.

---
I wrote song recently that uses just OP-X Pro II (plus Battery for drums)
which may help the deciding process for the new synth you're shopping for:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 62#4921862

I didn't need to freeze any tracks and only only a dual core 2.8 ghz PC

TB4C wrote:Could Zebra fit any of this bill or is it More digital sounding?
Yes. You're back to DIVA price range in that case, though. ACE can't do the pads and leads you like?

Hello everybody, just a quick update to this post... I have checked out ACE for the bass parts and I liked it, so I did buy ACE, thank you...Now my budget is blown!!! :-( but i am appy with this purchase :-)..... Now I also did get a CM mag and will be checking the included Synths and see what can be done with it. I will search the internet for tutorials to try to learn how to make 80's type Polysynths and pads using Dune or Sylenth, I also found the Superwave Synths to have a nice type of 80's sounding vibe to them.

Thank you everyone once again for all your time, input and help. I also checked out the Opx Pro sounds, I liked them very much but I had to choose either between them or ACE.... In a seperate post I was asking to be advised on a purchase choice between Helix or Zebra, well I can't choose either as I did not get more cash as I was anticipating... So from here on it will have to be covered with freeware!! I will be investigating the freeware synths that has been mentioned in this thread. Fortunately I found something intresting for drums in the Freeware section... Hexagon... sounds good!

So there we have it, now much learning and producing lays ahead for me!!

Anyway wishing you all an awesome week ahead

Regards
Tb4C :)

One more thing I see that there is a new soundset out for Dune... Sounds good to my ears for what I want to do!!! I definitely gonna get this soundset!! You guys should think of it to!!!

http://soundcloud.com/monomo/sets/emerg ... dune-demos

Regards

Tb4C

in case noone's mentioned them already: iblit/polyiblit (free)
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

Return to “Instruments”