Any other recommendations for warm phat VA synth free or commercial

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by ghettosynth on Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

ghettosynth wrote:SQ8L could hardly be considered "fat" or "warm." It's interesting, for sure, in a cold and reedy way.
heh, yeah, you're right. I guess I was just +1'ing (or in that case +1,000,000'ing) anything that sounds good, given how many awful sounding synths are getting mentioned here.
If half (I'm being generous) of the synths in this thread are warm and fat then so is just about any synthedit plugin cranked out in an hour by bored teenagers.
Agreed.
And OPX-99? Cmon, Peter, I know that you've put a lot of sweat in it, and you go out of your way to demonstrate that it sounds very close to the OBX in many ways, but seriously, the OBX is a 12db/oct filter, warm perhaps, fat, not in the same way that Diva or Ace are fat.
It's not clear that the OP is asking for fat in the way that DIVA and ACE are fat. The OP needs to quit resisting DIVA. ;)
To my ears the Korg plugins are THIN, not fat. I've yet to hear a poly6 emulation that captures the sound of the SSM-2044 effectively.
Agreed. DIVA does better Korg than any of Korg's softsynths.

80's 90's? = FM8
Warm, fat? = Sylenth
80's, 90's warm & fat? = Minimonsta, Diva

Uncle E wrote:DIVA does better Korg than any of Korg's softsynths.
The OP isn't going to run DIVA on a 3GHz P4. At least not w/ any cycles left to do anything else.

Uncle E wrote:
braj wrote:Why -1 to the Korgs? i only hear good things about them.
Yes, everyone loves them, I really don't understand it. The sounds don't even inspire me a little bit. I own the original bundle and will probably never use it in anything.

:uhuhuh: Shame on you!
May you be spat on by a thousand camels and licked to death by a hundred pregnant goats!

Mikelo wrote:May you be spat on by a thousand camels and licked to death by a hundred pregnant goats!
You call that a curse, some people call it ecstasy. ;)

Uncle E wrote:
Mikelo wrote:May you be spat on by a thousand camels and licked to death by a hundred pregnant goats!
You call that a curse, some people call it ecstasy. ;)
:hihi: :lol:

ghettosynth wrote:And OPX-99? Cmon, Peter, I know that you've put a lot of sweat in it, and you go out of your way to demonstrate that it sounds very close to the OBX in many ways, but seriously, the OBX is a 12db/oct filter, warm perhaps, fat, not in the same way that Diva or Ace are fat.
If you mean OP-X PRO-II with OPX-99: This one has not just a 12db filter, but a dual switchable 12/24db lp/hp/no state variable multimode filter, just to correct that. Only the basic OP-X has just a 12db filter.
TB4C wrote:The synth needs to have a nice thick solid bass sounds to it.
Listen: OP-X PRO-II - Holiday Bass
Listen: OP-X PRO-II - Floyd Signs Bass
Listen: OP-X PRO-II - Fretless Bass
Listen: OP-X PRO-II - Minimoog Dry Bass
Listen: OP-X PRO-II - Minimoog Reverb Bass
Listen: OP-X PRO-II - Taurus Bass

---

There are lots of warm and phat va synths.
I have something better though.
It's hot, and obeshe.
No need to name it, as you only want warm and phat

TB4C wrote:Hi everyone

Hope you are all well, I would like to know if you guys can give me suggestions to what phat Soft synths I can use for an 80's / 90's esque project that I am working on. I don't have a big budget and only have a Dual core 3ghz cpu, so Diva is not a consideration. While I know Saurus is another buzz word, but I am rather wary of it,. The synth needs to have a nice thick solid bass sounds to it.

Free or Commercial suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you very much!!

Regards

TB4C
Hello, any of our synths could do - http://www.discodsp.com/

I'd also recommend Asynth if you want to go the freeware route - http://antti.smartelectronix.com/

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Uncle E wrote:
breakmixer wrote:Synth Squad's Strobe
+1
I'm also waiting on D16's Lush-101... :lol:
They renamed it? I'm buying it whenever it comes out, guaranteed.
Meant to be this month, seriously - read that on some forum, maybe D16's.

Yes, they renamed it to Lush-101 because of the soundalike name for a slang UK word for a toilet. :hihi:

Has no one mentioned ACE yet?
It's very affordable and is perfect for analog-ish sounds :)

And +1 for Tryell!

Cheers
Dennis

You might want to test the Xils3 LE is a FULLY modular VA synthesizer, and it cost only ..... 30€ :D

Then you can upgrade ar any time for its big brother Xils 3 with a special price.

Sound examples of the Xils 3 here : two players with sounds in isolation in the first one, then minitracks in the second one. LtZ
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Last edited by ghettosynth on Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”