Wave Designer 0.3.10 / Customer Discounts / Tone2 Crossgrades Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

As a producer, sound designer and/or musician, would this application be useful in your current workflow or creative process?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 182

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ingonator wrote:So far i'm using Cableguys Curve for such kind of stuff but that new tool seems to be more flexible and easier to get fast results. Anyway a free draw mode like in Curve would be essential.
Hey Ingo, interesting to hear that. What's your workflow here in Curve? Are you playing a note, recording it and cutting afterwards?

For direct export to audio files, there's still a wish in Curve's public wish list:
http://cableguys.uservoice.com/forums/8 ... s-wav-file

Right now it's not likely to be implemented soon, but simply add your votes to raise its chance to get implemented (you do not need to log in to vote).

ChiTown24 wrote:not keen on the way its panning out as a kind of public-risk/private-reward enterprise so i definitely wont be pre-ordering :(
No offence dude/dudette, but "public-risk/private-reward" is a ridiculous way of observing this project. I'm going to lose money on this project no matter how many people sign up. And not for nothing, but I only expect those who truly know me to get down on this, cos they know I've put every fiber of my being into giving back to others. f**k.

edit

rlahalla wrote:
ChiTown24 wrote:not keen on the way its panning out as a kind of public-risk/private-reward enterprise so i definitely wont be pre-ordering :(
No offence dude/dudette, but "public-risk/private-reward" is a ridiculous way of observing this project. I'm going to lose money on this project no matter how many people sign up. And not for nothing, but I only expect those who truly know me to get down on this, cos they know I've put every fiber of my being into giving back to others. f**k.

the whole pre-order-without-even-getting-to-try-the-current-build-first + features-added-incrementally-only-if-enough-orders-come-in-and-keep-coming-in aspect of this project doesnt sit well with me, its just not my preferred way of buying software. it means i take a risk giving you money and the feature set im actually interested in may never materialize if you dont get enough money up front. at least thats what you seem to be saying ? plus i get the impression youre not actually the guy coding the app ? i dunno maybe its possible i missed a page while following the thread i hope i havent misunderstood anything :oops:

ill just wait to see what product you get to market, see what it actually does, and ill buy it if its priced appropriately :shrug:

at any rate an app with the full feature set we all designed in this thread would be a most welcome addition to my audio_apps folder! so i really hope those who truly know you give you the backing you need!
the app in its initial state would be of little to no use to me though

may the force be with you all!

rlahalla, in a way I can't blame how people react and don't wanna pay for something that's still in development. The difference here, you revealed from the beginning the development process, no surprises here.

Suddenly, when it comes for people to support and take action, its all of a sudden 'Oh no! I want to see the big final product first with all features requested! I'm not paying for development!' :roll:

The price you're asking is a steal for a product that potentially will include all these features. I choose to take the risk and spent some money towards you and miss out on some coffees during the week.

Hope this thread will not go off topic too much and don't let these comments discourage you! :wink:
Cowbells!

Thanks for not quoting me, that was nice of you :) I'll chalk that one up to me being an idiot again.
Last edited by rlahalla on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blah.
Last edited by rlahalla on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

i dunno man
i wished you luck, explained my reservations in a civil respectful way, and let you know at what point id be more comfortable to start sending money your way

you guys were pretty happy to receive my input at the start of the thread (see;; feature requests & suggested formats on the project page)

its disappointing that you'd subject me to these kind of emotionally charged responses because im not keen on the whole payment scheme
but nevertheless im willing to overlook that and ill be happy to purchase the app down the line if the bang-for-buck ratio is right.

:shrug:

i suggest we just leave it at that dude/dudette

ChiTown24 wrote: im willing to overlook that and ill be happy to purchase the app down the line if the bang-for-buck ratio is right.
If a $30 product + future updates isn't a good "bang-for-buck ratio", then what does the app have to do to get your $70? What kind of risk is buying a program at less than %50 of full price when there's every chance it'll be what you want it to be? I don't know what the resale policy is, but I would think that if it's really not for you later on down the road, you could recoup your pre-order cost pretty easily. If it does work out, then it's $30 well spent.

Nanakai wrote:
ChiTown24 wrote: im willing to overlook that and ill be happy to purchase the app down the line if the bang-for-buck ratio is right.
If a $30 product + future updates isn't a good "bang-for-buck ratio", then what does the app have to do to get your $70? What kind of risk is buying a program at less than %50 of full price when there's every chance it'll be what you want it to be? I don't know what the resale policy is, but I would think that if it's really not for you later on down the road, you could recoup your pre-order cost pretty easily. If it does work out, then it's $30 well spent.
Hi Nanakai,
well the answer is simple enough
though i didnt think id need to keep going over this

the app with its current capabilities is of no use to me personally, because i already have tools that can do the same thing (re;; creating single cycles) plus offer me more design control at the same time.
plus even if i was interested in it "as is" i cant demo it first to see if its stable on my system
so thats the two main reasons that the $30 doesnt represent good bang-for-buck for me personally (for the app as it is right now)
its absolutely probable that its a good deal for plenty of other users though and i really hope so, as the apps development is counting on it!

regarding future updates, unless i picked it up wrong features need to be paid for individually/incrementally as more and more orders come in. id be willing to take that risk if the app "as is" was worth the $30 to me. sadly though its not (and thats assuming it was perfectly stable on my aging system) :(

thank you for the tips on how to recoup my money if it didnt work out though, appreciated but as the old saying goes ""dont try teaching your granny how to suck eggs"" ;)

regarding my $70;; well to get that the app would certainly have to have already implemented at least the feature requests & formats i suggested and be stable on my machine (call me crazy)

im not trying to dog the project (far from it!), my input was valued to begin with so forgive me for assuming it might still at least be respected enough to take calmly. i really hope i dont get challenged again to defend or re-explain my outlook, that would just be counter productive dont you all agree ?

lets get this thread back on track with even more feature requests :)

I was only probing your reasons, which shouldn't be a problem for any rational actor. No need to be defensive (or passive aggressive ;) ).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Nanakai wrote:I was only probing your reasons, which shouldn't be a problem for any rational actor. No need to be defensive (or passive aggressive ;) ).
its true you were only probing my reasons
and thats fine!
but it is a little odd that i basically just told you what i had already said twice already (when probed)
kinda makes your probing redundant and ultimately counter productive for all involved - no biggie really, but thats on you not me

seems a little odd but certainly not something im defensive or passive aggressive about. keep probing if you like! :lol:

i do agree with you though that no one needs to chuck their toys out of the pram over a little probing or in my case simply pointing out i wont be pre-ordering and why :tu:

it would be swell if that was the end of it though as im not keen on receiving more emotionally charged responses and edited vulgarities

ChiTown24 wrote:it would be swell if that was the end of it though as im not keen on receiving more emotionally charged responses and edited vulgarities
That was the end of it, I just didn't respond. The edited vulgarity wasn't aimed at you at all. Just having a busy and very crazy night here, don't mind me.

The latest discussion was not pleasant at all...
But that's the forum, any oppinions are welcome, as long as they can help you in any way.
Many times "negative" posts can provide a better feedback than the positive ones.

Back on topic - suggestion:
Zebra2 also has some nice "spectral effects", that can be welcome in this tool:
Zebra2 User Guide, page 23.

Btw, did you checked raw files from the site? You didn't answered...
Also, did you checked WaveCalc?

Cheers, keep up the good attitude.

zorniko wrote:Zebra2 also has some nice "spectral effects", that can be welcome in this tool:
Zebra2 User Guide, page 23.

Btw, did you checked raw files from the site? You didn't answered...
Also, did you checked WaveCalc?
Thanks for the tip, I'll take a look at it :)

I missed the raw files and stuff, I'll go back and check it out.

Been a rough night, lost a cool pet so I was a little irritated last night, sorry ChiTown.

Return to “Instruments”