Wave Designer 0.3.10 / Customer Discounts / Tone2 Crossgrades Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

As a producer, sound designer and/or musician, would this application be useful in your current workflow or creative process?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 182

RELATED
PRODUCTS

DNR Collaborative wrote:
larm wrote:- Additive sliders to create overtones/organ cycles
- Vocal/Voice cycle presets
Noted :)
+1 - That's what I suggested "- Additional 'view' options". So a waveform can be edited through 3 ways independently: formula, freeform wave, harmonic spectrum. For example, draw a crazy freeform wave, then add some slight sub harmonics to add some bass (or overtones) by switching into the harmonic spectrum view and edit harmonics to taste (e.g. Morphine), then switch back to the freeform wave view to manually draw further changes to the waveform, change the formula, go back and redraw the waveform, change harmonics, etc..

At all times, editing the formula, freeform wave or harmonic spectrum should be non destructive. Adding harmonics in the spectrum view does not change the waveform in the freeform wave view. Spectral content is just added to the output if it makes sense, so is the formula and freeform wave - all is added together to create the final waveform.
Cowbells!

dalor wrote:
DNR Collaborative wrote:
larm wrote:- Additive sliders to create overtones/organ cycles
- Vocal/Voice cycle presets
Noted :)
+1 - That's what I suggested "- Additional 'view' options". So a waveform can be edited through 3 ways independently: formula, freeform wave, harmonic spectrum. For example, draw a crazy freeform wave, then add some slight sub harmonics to add some bass (or overtones) by switching into the harmonic spectrum view and edit harmonics to taste (e.g. Morphine), then switch back to the freeform wave view to manually draw further changes to the waveform, change the formula, go back and redraw the waveform, change harmonics, etc..

At all times, editing the formula, freeform wave or harmonic spectrum should be non destructive. Adding harmonics in the spectrum view does not change the waveform in the freeform wave view. Spectral content is just added to the output if it makes sense, so is the formula and freeform wave - all is added together to create the final waveform.
Thanks for the great explanation! I've copied this text to the developers and we should have a definite list of the initial release features tomorrow at some point :)

Steven

toitoi wrote:Speaking of the interface, it's over3D'ed and knobs a very blurred in my opinion. :roll:
I'll pass on the info and see if we can clean it up a bit :)

Steven

Thanks to everyone who participated in the poll and in providing all the great feedback on the project. We're close to making a definite announcement regarding the development cycle and I will continue to update the discussion and project page as we move forward :)

Steven

Would it be possible to set loop points at the beginning and end of the waveform?

PietW. wrote:Would it be possible to set loop points at the beginning and end of the waveform?
not necessary.... As it outputs single cycles youd just loop the whole cycles once and you're good to go....
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

brok landers wrote:
PietW. wrote:Would it be possible to set loop points at the beginning and end of the waveform?
not necessary.... As it outputs single cycles youd just loop the whole cycles once and you're good to go....
I was thinking of PPG 3.V. The loop points must be included otherwise the waveforms are not played.

PietW. wrote:
brok landers wrote:
I was thinking of PPG 3.V. The loop points must be included otherwise the waveforms are not played.
yeah I understood... I meant that you use.a sample editor for looping anyway (I do, just for exactly that purpose), and those loops are stored within the sample.... But yes of course it would be nice to have this feature right within the waveform creation app....
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

PietW. wrote:
brok landers wrote:
Sorry for the delay, we've been on a small holiday :) The loop points will indeed be exported with the waveform.

Steven

DNR Collaborative wrote:
PietW. wrote:
brok landers wrote:
Sorry for the delay, we've been on a small holiday :) The loop points will indeed be exported with the waveform.

Steven
:tu:

brok landers wrote:yeah I understood... I meant that you use.a sample editor for looping anyway (I do, just for exactly that purpose), and those loops are stored within the sample.... But yes of course it would be nice to have this feature right within the waveform creation app....
Yes, the point of this tool is to eliminate the need for various audio applications to do the job and give sound designers an easy way to build custom content for their soundware. With the slew of other feature requests, it also makes this an ideal application for really anyone involved in the creation and distribution of music :)

Steven

Are .dls files good for anything?

I was reading the Noatikl 2 manual, and its synth engine loads DLS files.
http://www.intermorphic.com/tools/parti ... mples.html

As far as I have read in the last ten minutes those are just wavetables?
I dont really know what can be done with them then, either in Partikl or elsewhere, but its an old format. Sounded interesting.
(And, on closer inspection the Noatikl update looks pretty slick btw. Im re-interested...)
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote:Are .dls files good for anything?
I've passed on the information and we'll take a look into it :)

Steven

Waiting for additional information about the initial release from Reason..

*twiddles thumbs* :)

Steven

highkoo wrote:Are .dls files good for anything?

I was reading the Noatikl 2 manual, and its synth engine loads DLS files.
http://www.intermorphic.com/tools/parti ... mples.html

As far as I have read in the last ten minutes those are just wavetables?
I dont really know what can be done with them then, either in Partikl or elsewhere, but its an old format. Sounded interesting.
(And, on closer inspection the Noatikl update looks pretty slick btw. Im re-interested...)
I think a dls file is similar to a soundfont.

Return to “Instruments”