Wave Designer 0.3.10 / Customer Discounts / Tone2 Crossgrades Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

As a producer, sound designer and/or musician, would this application be useful in your current workflow or creative process?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 182

RELATED
PRODUCTS

We're working on a project right now that is still in development, but is far enough along where we can post some information about it. The project's working name is now "Wave Designer", as you can see from the images below, which is a single-cycle waveform creation utility which allows the user to create waveforms, audition them with the MIDI keyboard, and then export them to a 2048 sample .wav file for use in software synthesizers which support such a format (Alchemy, Helix, etc).

Wave Designer Project Page

Currently it allows for the creation of waveforms via a function editor panel, but as you can see from the screenshots, there is actually plans to include a node-editing system as well, for those who are not interested in inputting formulas.

You can also see that it has some exposable basic synthesizer controls to allow you to use it as a raw waveform synthesizer in your VST host. Currently there is Amplifier and Filter envelopes, as well as a simple filter system. Master volume control will also be included (not shown).

This project will indeed be free for the previous 2-year subscribers, as well as the Developer's license holders of the Sound Repository.

Below you will find a list of current suggestions and format support requests. More info will be posted as I receive it. Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Suggested Formats:
- Vember Surge
- Wusikstation V7
- NI Absynth
- U-he Zebra
- Gladiator
- SynthMaster
- Helix
- Alchemy
- Rapture
- Circle
- Discovery
- Corona
- Rhino
- Harmor
- Toxic
- ElectraX
- Blofeld
- PPG 3.V
- Piston Honda
- Shruthi1

Suggested Features:
- Random Waveform Generation
- Extreme Waveform Generation
- Additive sliders to create overtones/organ cycles
- Vocal/Voice cycle presets
- Time domain mirroring/shifting/flipping
- Ability to "distort" a clean wave by some amount
- Morphing Waveforms
- Hand drawing
- Import Waveforms
- Multisamples
- Batch Operations
- Soundfont Export
- Extract from audio file
- Harmonic range meter
- Custom sample length
- SFZ Export
- Snap to grid drawing
- Analysis and resynthesis
- Export to Discovery Pro/Corona DWB
- Additional 'view' options
- Partial editing
- Spectral blur
- FM
- Contract/expand

Steven
Last edited by DNR Collaborative on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:30 pm, edited 32 times in total.

Stick a 'generate random waveform' button on there and you're on to a winner!

DNR Collaborative wrote:Hi There,

We're working on a project right now that is still in development, but is far enough along where we can post some information about it. The project's working name is "WaveShaper", as you can see from the iamges below, but unfortunately it is a bit misleading because it is not a waveshaping effect, but rather a single-cycle waveform creation utility which allows the user to create waveforms, audition them with the MIDI keyboard, and then export them to a 2048 sample .wav file for use in software synthesizers which support such a format (Alchemy, Helix, etc). WaveBuilder is probably a more accurate name for it, and may end up the final name, but we'll see.

Currently it allows for the creation of waveforms via a function editor panel, but as you can see from the screenshots, there is actually plans to include a node-editing system as well, for those who are not interested in inputting formulas.

You can also see that it has some exposable basic synthesizer controls to allow you to use it as a raw waveform synthesizer in your VST host. Currently there is Amplifier and Filter envelopes, as well as a simple filter system. Master volume control will also be included (not shown).

More info will be posted as I receive it. Feedback and suggestions are welcome :)

Steven
:tu:

+1 for randomize waveform, and the addition of a create insane waveform ;) lol

audington wrote:Stick a 'generate random waveform' button on there and you're on to a winner!
Sounds like a useful feature to me. I'll compile some of the suggestions here and make sure they are looked over :)

Steven

LeVzi wrote:+1 for randomize waveform, and the addition of a create insane waveform ;) lol
I'm not 100% sure about the 'create insane waveform' button, but I imagine it would be something that could be looked into :)

Steven

Just to also clarify, currently the export format will be a 2048 sample cycle, but we are also interested in other formats that designers/users would like to export to. We crrently only have Camel Audio's Alchemy on the list, but are also looking into other formats. If anyone has a specific format that is required, please do let us know.

Steven

DNR Collaborative wrote:Just to also clarify, currently the export format will be a 2048 sample cycle, but we are also interested in other formats that designers/users would like to export to. We crrently only have Camel Audio's Alchemy on the list, but are also looking into other formats. If anyone has a specific format that is required, please do let us know.

Steven
The format for Absynth would be nice. I believe these are 1024 samples.

PietW. wrote:
DNR Collaborative wrote:Just to also clarify, currently the export format will be a 2048 sample cycle, but we are also interested in other formats that designers/users would like to export to. We crrently only have Camel Audio's Alchemy on the list, but are also looking into other formats. If anyone has a specific format that is required, please do let us know.

Steven
And the Absynth format is still .wav, just shortened to 1024 samples?

Steven

Ideas
- Additive sliders to create overtones/organ cycles

Pre/Post-waveform-"FX"-section

larm wrote:- Additive sliders to create overtones/organ cycles
Noted :)
larm wrote:Pre/Post-waveform-"FX"-section
I'm not entirely sure what the first one even is, but I know that an FX section had been discussed. In any case, I'll make sure to include all of these requests :)

Steven

Like to see something like a morph generation:

You have a start wave and a end wave and you could select how many steps should be generated between to get something like a wave table.
Example:
1 is the start wave and 128 the end wave with 126 steps between that were generated.

jowen

* Hand drawing
* Glue two waveforms, ie. half sine + half saw

formats to work with;;

Alchemy already mentioned

Cakewalk Rapture (i think it uses plain .wavs?)

Vember Audio Surge
up to 1024
file extension .WT (or .wav for windows users)

FAW Circle
2048 (not sure if its fixed length)
file extension .WDF

U-He Zebra
2048 (if im not mistaken it creates a wavetable a size of 16 cycles with a length of 128 samples each adding up to a total of 2048, or is it a wavtable of 8 cycles of 128 adding up to 1024 ?)
file extension .h2p

would be great to be able to import/export from the various wavecycle/table formats.

decent batch operation of any import/export functions would be great

customizable naming conventions for output files
(so i could export for example 3 octaves of individual wavecycles named by note, or number, with perhaps a custom prefix or two)

ability to output (collections of) wavecycles as soundfonts too

ability to import an audio file of any length, and have the application automatically/randomly select a designated number of wavecycles

ability to import an audio file of any length and scrub through it with a fixed window size of 2048 or 1024 etc to find desirable wavecycles

will post more ideas later :)

and osx compatibility of course! :)

DNR Collaborative wrote:
PietW. wrote:

Steven
And the Absynth format is still .wav, just shortened to 1024 samples?

Steven
Hi Steven,

Absynth5 supports the WAV format (1024 samples) and the gly-format.

best regards

Piet

Return to “Instruments”