Wave Designer 0.3.10 / Customer Discounts / Tone2 Crossgrades Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

As a producer, sound designer and/or musician, would this application be useful in your current workflow or creative process?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 182

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looks like a very nice tool for sound design :)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

PietW. wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
LeVzi wrote:You can add ElectraX to the list too, maximum of 4096 samples (I think)
I agree, ElectraX would be the main use of the Waveform Creator for me but also for Synthmaster it would be great.

Ingo
PPG 3.V ? :wink:
I second the PPG, and would also add the Largo. Another request, if possible: Analysis and resynthesis, e.g. analyse a sample, and extract periodic waveforms to create a wavetable (but this would mean not just one wave, rather a complete wavetable of 16 or 32 waves. This was something that interest me very much. Also, interpolation (we give a start wave and final wave, and the program would create waves that would morph from one to the other, with some controllable variables in the morphing.
Fernando (FMR)

Lotuzia wrote:Looks like a very nice tool for sound design :)
Indeed. Currently i use Cableguys Curve to build my own single cycles (which works nicely) but this looks really promising.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

:wheee:
If this thing hits all of those Formats/Features listed in the OP it will be a really significant tool for some people. I will use it every single day.

It was mentioned, but Ive been thinking about it,
If you did figure out a way to 'standardize' a way to generate wavetables in some format that is widely useful, I bet itd be quite friggin popular...
Maybe thats not til a v1.5 or something, but just sales wise, that seems like it would be a very current/trendy selling point, once people figured out what it did. :P

I am pretty excited about just the format options and regular wav tools that might be possible in this little box, but Im imagining being able to create custom wavs, and then build a custom table, and then simply export a copy in all these formats... :shock: :borg:

Either way, sure to be a winner. Cant wait.
:tu:
ImageImageImageImage

There are quite a few new posts here, but I wanted to reply to the ETA question posted on the previous page before collecting the new suggestions: The ETA very much depends on a number of factors, including what features are added for an initial release, how much interest there is, and the length of time it takes to track down any issues that testers may have. There are a lot of great suggestions here, and I'm sure that it will be a tough decision on which ones to include, but I'll make sure to keep the information coming along as I receive it :)

Steven

deastman wrote:I would really appreciate the ability to generate 256 sample .HEX files for use with my Harvestman Piston Honda. With the new "super expander" on the way, there will be a lot of people hungry to burn new wavetables, and this program could come in very handy.
I've found a link for the device you mentioned and I will pass the info on. It looks like a rocketship controller to me, so I don't have any idea about the specifics behind the format :)
PietW. wrote:PPG 3.V ? :wink:
Noted :)
Ingonator wrote:I would also include the Blofeld then.
Noted :)
fmr wrote:Another request, if possible: Analysis and resynthesis, e.g. analyse a sample, and extract periodic waveforms to create a wavetable (but this would mean not just one wave, rather a complete wavetable of 16 or 32 waves. This was something that interest me very much. Also, interpolation (we give a start wave and final wave, and the program would create waves that would morph from one to the other, with some controllable variables in the morphing.
I've added "Analysis and resynthesis" as the feature request :)
highkoo wrote::wheee:
If this thing hits all of those Formats/Features listed in the OP it will be a really significant tool for some people. I will use it every single day.

It was mentioned, but Ive been thinking about it,
If you did figure out a way to 'standardize' a way to generate wavetables in some format that is widely useful, I bet itd be quite friggin popular...
Maybe thats not til a v1.5 or something, but just sales wise, that seems like it would be a very current/trendy selling point, once people figured out what it did. :P

I am pretty excited about just the format options and regular wav tools that might be possible in this little box, but Im imagining being able to create custom wavs, and then build a custom table, and then simply export a copy in all these formats... :shock: :borg:

Either way, sure to be a winner. Cant wait.
:tu:
Thank you for the feedback - I'm sure it will prove most helpful while determining the development path of the project :)

Steven

By the way, it's very easy to make a wave bank compatible with Discovery Pro.

- Place all .WAV files on a folder.
- Zip them.
- Rename .ZIP to .DWB
- Place it at /documents/discoDSP/Discovery Pro/Banks/

Tip: Corona also loads them ;)

So maybe adding a Export to Discovery Pro/Corona DWB bank feature would be great :)

george wrote:By the way, it's very easy to make a wave bank compatible with Discovery Pro.

So maybe adding a Export to Discovery Pro/Corona DWB bank feature would be great :)
Noted and added to the initial post. Thanks for the great suggestions :)

Steven

george wrote:By the way, it's very easy to make a wave bank compatible with Discovery Pro.

- Zip them.
- Rename .ZIP to .DWB

16bit, 44.1khz, Looppoints at Start and End.

PietW. wrote:

- Zip them.
- Rename .ZIP to .DWB

16bit, 44.1khz, Looppoints at Start and End.
24bit should work too ;)

PietW. wrote:16bit, 44.1khz, Looppoints at Start and End.
george wrote:24bit should work too ;)
Thank you both for the information, I'm sure this will all be very helpful to us :)

Steven

I mentioned this previously and I think the question was lost in the first few pages of quick responses - there hasn't been a single mention about the UI as of yet, which I take to be a good thing :) I don't know how much it will change initially, but comments and suggestions on the UI/ergonomics of the application's layout are more than welcome.

Steven

highkoo wrote:Im sure Urs is just busy. :(:(:(
...Right?

I guess this being payware makes it different than other non-U-he projects that could generate "the .h2p", but Id think he would respond. Politely even. ;)
I think he even officially endorses 'blueberry thing' on his page somewhere though.
:shrug:
Well, I've posted a message in the U-He forum, and from the response, I unfortunately I don't think Zebra will be a format that will be included. Since I'm not the developer, I cannot say for sure, but I'll pass the response I received along and we'll see what happens.

Steven

Just out of curiosity, will this tool be able to import *and* export all the formats mentioned in this forum?

Personally I'd love to see support for .wt (Vermberaudio Surge) files! ;)

Maybe 2 more suggestions:
1) Additional 'Spectral' mode to create a waveform. While drawing in the spectral view the waveform view would built up the waveform.

2) The waveform-view could have a padding at the front and end and repeats itself to visually see transitions on how the waveform cycles seamlessly to avoid drawing hard 'clicks' at the front or end of the waveform. Maybe the first and last point in the waveform are linked to avoid this and can be unlinked if wanted.
Cowbells!

more formats ;)
SQ80 Waveforms
Elektron Monomachine

Return to “Instruments”