Wave Designer 0.3.10 / Customer Discounts / Tone2 Crossgrades Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

As a producer, sound designer and/or musician, would this application be useful in your current workflow or creative process?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 182

RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote:I think a dls file is similar to a soundfont.
This?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SoundFont

After reading more into this article, I can see it has a reference to the DLS format itself. Thank you for the heads up :)

Steven

Yeah it seems like its only been used like a soundfont, and not a lot...

I was looking at this-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DLS_format
Da Wiki wrote: The DLS family is closely related to the proprietary SoundFonts format from Creative Labs. All versions of DLS to date are based on the wavetable music synthesis technique, however in principle the DLS file format could be used to represent instrument definitions for other music synthesis techniques. "DLS" is an acronym for "Downloadable Sounds", and also the initials of DLS 1 project leader Dave Sparks of Creative Labs.
That bold bit caught my eye. :shrug:
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote:Yeah it seems like its only been used like a soundfont, and not a lot...

I was looking at this-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DLS_format
Da Wiki wrote: The DLS family is closely related to the proprietary SoundFonts format from Creative Labs. All versions of DLS to date are based on the wavetable music synthesis technique, however in principle the DLS file format could be used to represent instrument definitions for other music synthesis techniques. "DLS" is an acronym for "Downloadable Sounds", and also the initials of DLS 1 project leader Dave Sparks of Creative Labs.
That bold bit caught my eye. :shrug:
I've documented all of the DLS information I could find and passed it along, so hopefully I'll get some feedback as to weather it's viable to support such a format. Thanks again for the information :)

Steven

Some additional information - the initial version of Wave Designer (thanks brok) will be fairly basic, but should include the following:

- Formula creation and editing
- A library of waveform formulas
- Basic synthesizer controls + filters
- Additional formula functions (rand, abs, etc.)
- DC offset, normalization, bandlimiting
- Custom sample length export

After an initial release, the following functions will be the priority:

- Node editing
- Batch stuff
- Random export function
- Formats that require additional processing
- Freehand editing
- Sample import/cropping
- SFZ and multisample support (long wavs)

Essentially, this was the only way I could get my concept created and into people's hands, because I'm not loaded with cash and am literally putting everything I have into it. The node editing and other advanced features are a ton of cash, so I'll have to wait until the initial release so I can then put the money back into the advanced stuff. I'm quite aware that this is going to take me some time to finish _all_ of the feature requests, but it will eventually get there one way or the other. Consider this a community-driven project. It might start basic, but I hope to get it to have all the stuff listed through the thread by the time we're done. I'll make sure to create tutorials and guides to using the formula editor and creating derivative waveforms from the ones I provide as well.

Looks good mate. Initial release will already be easier to handle than anything else on the market atm :tu:

Cheers,
George

PS: **nudge nudge... sample lib advice email pls :D**
Eternitysound VST Banks

GeorgeZ wrote:Looks good mate. Initial release will already be easier to handle than anything else on the market atm :tu:

Cheers,
George

PS: **nudge nudge... sample lib advice email pls :D**
Damn George, my bad.. :?

I know you're busy, just giving you sh!t mate :P
Eternitysound VST Banks

GeorgeZ wrote:I know you're busy, just giving you sh!t mate :P
Ah, I know :) The 'to-do' list is just becoming increasingly lengthy but I'll shoot you an e-mail soon.

rlahalla wrote:Some additional information - the initial version of Wave Designer (thanks brok) will be fairly basic, but should include the following:

- Formula creation and editing
- A library of waveform formulas
- Basic synthesizer controls + filters
- Additional formula functions (rand, abs, etc.)
- DC offset, normalization, bandlimiting
- Custom sample length export

After an initial release, the following functions will be the priority:

- Node editing
- Batch stuff
- Random export function
- Formats that require additional processing
- Freehand editing
- Sample import/cropping
- SFZ and multisample support (long wavs)

Essentially, this was the only way I could get my concept created and into people's hands, because I'm not loaded with cash and am literally putting everything I have into it. The node editing and other advanced features are a ton of cash, so I'll have to wait until the initial release so I can then put the money back into the advanced stuff. I'm quite aware that this is going to take me some time to finish _all_ of the feature requests, but it will eventually get there one way or the other. Consider this a community-driven project. It might start basic, but I hope to get it to have all the stuff listed through the thread by the time we're done. I'll make sure to create tutorials and guides to using the formula editor and creating derivative waveforms from the ones I provide as well.
An important thing for. Will the initial release just create single cycle waveforms, or also wavetables. If the latter, which formats will you start with?
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:An important thing for. Will the initial release just create single cycle waveforms, or also wavetables. If the latter, which formats will you start with?
Well, the initial version will just be single-cycle waveforms, but by the time I'm done, it is my intention on making this into a comprehensive waveform/wavetable editing and creation package. Now that Redmatica will never see a PC version, I'd really like to push this even farther with sample editing facilities as well, but we'll begin with waveforms and then wavetables :D Every bit of money I have available will be going to this project for quite some time, so please feel free to suggest anything you want and I'll keep a close eye on the thread.

rlahalla wrote:>snip< (thanks brok) >snip<
no need to, instead i get the feeling that i (we) will have to thank you guys... :)
rlahalla wrote:>snip< - Node editing >snip<
this is when it gets really interresting for me... ;)
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

brok landers wrote:
no need to, instead i get the feeling that i (we) will have to thank you guys... :)
Well, you know I've wanted to do this for a long time. I really hope it works out how I picture it in my head :)
brok landers wrote:
You know that node editing is already planned for sure, but it just costs a little bit more than I had on hand to implement, so I figured I'd get the app out there for people and generate interest first. The initial funds that come in from the project will go to node editing first and foremost :) Those of you that don't know how to write formulas - don't worry, I'll take care of it.

rlahalla wrote:
brok landers wrote:
Well, you know I've wanted to do this for a long time. I really hope it works out how I picture it in my head :)
brok landers wrote:
You know that node editing is already planned for sure, but it just costs a little bit more than I had on hand to implement, so I figured I'd get the app out there for people and generate interest first. The initial funds that come in from the project will go to node editing first and foremost :) Those of you that don't know how to write formulas - don't worry, I'll take care of it.
I'll definitely support this project :)

Take your time Reason, and just make a strict roadmap and stick to it : First single cycles, then Wavetable, then advanced functions like nodes etc, then additional formats "as they come"; because imho that what people want, and eventualy what will lead you to the best integrated UI and GUI in the end
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:I'll definitely support this project :)
Thanks for the support Laurent :)
Lotuzia wrote:Take your time Reason, and just make a strict roadmap and stick to it : First single cycles, then Wavetable, then advanced functions like nodes etc, then additional formats "as they come"; because imho that what people want, and eventualy what will lead you to the best integrated UI and GUI in the end
Yeah, a development roadmap is my biggest task right now. There are so many cool things that _could_ be put into this thing that it can get overwhelming, but I'm just going to go slow with it until it has a lot of the features that will help regular musicians, as well as sound designers and library producers. I know that node editing, importing/cropping and freeform drawing are probably the three most important features to give a broad range of possibilities, and I definitely plan on focusing on those as soon as I can. I'll keep everyone as updated as possible regarding the status of the project and certain features :)

Z3TA has some nice wave shaping features worth looking at.
You can save the oscillator as a wav too I just discovered
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Instruments”