Wave Designer 0.3.10 / Customer Discounts / Tone2 Crossgrades Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

As a producer, sound designer and/or musician, would this application be useful in your current workflow or creative process?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 182

RELATED
PRODUCTS

dalor wrote:Just out of curiosity, will this tool be able to import *and* export all the formats mentioned in this forum?

Personally I'd love to see support for .wt (Vermberaudio Surge) files! ;)
Well, I honestly cannot say for sure what the final plan would be right now. We have a good working VST version that is prgressing well, and the amount of great feedback here is presenting a lot of new possibilities with this concept, so I'll have to wait for one of the developers to comment on the possible v1.0 release features :)
dalor wrote:Maybe 2 more suggestions:
1) Additional 'Spectral' mode to create a waveform. While drawing in the spectral view the waveform view would built up the waveform.
Added to front page, thanks for the suggestions :)
dalor wrote:2) The waveform-view could have a padding at the front and end and repeats itself to visually see transitions on how the waveform cycles seamlessly to avoid drawing hard 'clicks' at the front or end of the waveform. Maybe the first and last point in the waveform are linked to avoid this and can be unlinked if wanted.
If I understand you correctly, and from what I've read so far, this is actually *basically* the plan if "freeform" drawing is included. The node editing portion should not suffer from that problem, and should be easier to avoid.
toitoi wrote:more formats ;)
SQ80 Waveforms
Elektron Monomachine
Added to front page, thanks for the suggestions :)

Steven

Thanks for adding my previous suggestions :)

While I'm at it (LOL), maybe have 'four' views, in which three can be edited in realtime:
-1 Forumla: Displays an input field for formula and displays a waveform based on the calculated formula
-2 Freeform: A waveform view in which curves can be edited freely
-3 Harmonic Spectrum: For adding specifically haromic content (e.g. perfect sines for bass or adding overtones (e.g. typical organ sounds))
-4 FINAL: Displays the final waveform by adding all of these three components above.

:)
Cowbells!

DNR Collaborative wrote:
deastman wrote:I would really appreciate the ability to generate 256 sample .HEX files for use with my Harvestman Piston Honda. With the new "super expander" on the way, there will be a lot of people hungry to burn new wavetables, and this program could come in very handy.
I've found a link for the device you mentioned and I will pass the info on. It looks like a rocketship controller to me, so I don't have any idea about the specifics behind the format :)
A rocketsip controller... hilarious! Writing to a .HEX format is less important than being able to generate 256 sample waves. There are other tools for translating to the appropriate file format.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Oh shit I just realized how awesome this will be as a plugin. :hihi: Man, this is great.

The UI looks ok. No complaints there. There is some bits of wasted space, but it is clean and simple and thats good. How big is it?

Import of all formats would be super damn cool, but having the list of options there is maybe not as important as on the export, imo anyway.

I can see where a commercial endeavor makes it trickier to incorporate other devs toys. But, any dev approached about it should see it as an added feature for the enthusiasts. Check out the threads that happened in response to the home made tools that were cooked up for Zeb. Considering how nerdy this is I thought it was a pretty good response. :hihi:
If your plug is kicking out a format specific to a certain synth, that synth becomes a little more attractive to certain weirdos.
Thats worth something? :shrug:
:hihi: Maybe not.

Like, Elektron Monomachine, Surge, Helix, Electrax...
I havent played with any of those, but if this thing is going to just click off wavs for them. I will definitely try them out, and likely want to have em handy.
ImageImageImageImage

dalor wrote:While I'm at it (LOL), maybe have 'four' views, in which three can be edited in realtime:
-1 Forumla: Displays an input field for formula and displays a waveform based on the calculated formula
-2 Freeform: A waveform view in which curves can be edited freely
-3 Harmonic Spectrum: For adding specifically haromic content (e.g. perfect sines for bass or adding overtones (e.g. typical organ sounds))
-4 FINAL: Displays the final waveform by adding all of these three components above.
Since I'm not sure how to sum it up in just a few words in the feature request section of the initial post, I think what I'm going to do is add a link to each feature request to the post where it is specified so that the developers can quickly find the description. Thanks again for you suggestions :)
deastman wrote:A rocketsip controller... hilarious! Writing to a .HEX format is less important than being able to generate 256 sample waves. There are other tools for translating to the appropriate file format.
At first I thought we were talking about a foreign car model :) Yes, I think having a 'custom' format where one could specify the amount of samples in the cycle would be a good idea to compensate for the formats that are more obscure.

Steven

highkoo wrote:The UI looks ok. No complaints there. There is some bits of wasted space, but it is clean and simple and thats good. How big is it?
Considering the interest and response thus far, I think it is all going to depend on how much can be added to the initial version. I do believe the size of the interface won't change, but the layout of the elements and options may very well. I'll add new versions of the UI as we go so that people can view the changes.
highkoo wrote:Import of all formats would be super damn cool, but having the list of options there is maybe not as important as on the export, imo anyway.
Yes, I think the exporting options are the primary focus as of now, but having additional importing options would certainly make it even more useful and unique, which is the goal :)

Steven

We've published an official project page for WaveBuilder on the DNR website:

WaveBuilder Project Page

Suggestions, feature requests and suggested format inclusion is available from the page, as well as current screenshots and other important information and plans.

Steven

The seems like a really useful tool :)
Zebra support would be really, really amazing!

Cheers
Dennis

I'm definately very interested in this. Might be very useful indeed :)

Who's coding this thing, it's not Reason is it?
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Bronto Scorpio wrote:The seems like a really useful tool :)
I've already posted about it in the U-He forum, but I only got information about currently available applications that do convert to Zebra's format. I believe Reason sent a message to Urs but I haven't heard back on that as of yet, so we'll see.
Nielzie wrote:I'm definately very interested in this. Might be very useful indeed :)

It is indeed Reason's design/concept, but no, the code is being done by a mystery developer :)

Steven

DNR Collaborative wrote:
Bronto Scorpio wrote:The seems like a really useful tool :)
I've already posted about it in the U-He forum, but I only got information about currently available applications that do convert to Zebra's format. I believe Reason sent a message to Urs but I haven't heard back on that as of yet, so we'll see.
Nielzie wrote:I'm definately very interested in this. Might be very useful indeed :)

It is indeed Reason's design/concept, but no, the code is being done by a mystery developer :)

Steven
Hi Steven,

I think it makes no sense to support the h2p format. I think almost all users have Wave2Zebra.
I'm very excited about your program. :)

best regards

Piet

-1!
ImageImageImageImage

deastman wrote:I would really appreciate the ability to generate 256 sample .HEX files for use with my Harvestman Piston Honda. With the new "super expander" on the way, there will be a lot of people hungry to burn new wavetables, and this program could come in very handy.
http://www.sonicspot.com/wave256/wave256.html

loads of other 'oldskool' waveform creation apps with downloads available at sonicspot.
I guess we forgot about them with the advent of VST :oops:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

PietW. wrote:I think it makes no sense to support the h2p format. I think almost all users have Wave2Zebra.
I'm very excited about your program. :)
Well, essentially the purpose of the application is to take the multiple steps needed in designing and converting waveforms down to a single step. Instead of creating a waveform in one application and then converting in another, the idea is to provide one app that can do it all from one interface easily and without interruption. Hopefully we will hear back from Urs and be able to support Zebra so that multiple steps are not needed :)
highkoo wrote:-1!
No worries, we're still working on it :)
VariKusBrainZ wrote:http://www.sonicspot.com/wave256/wave256.html

loads of other 'oldskool' waveform creation apps with downloads available at sonicspot.
I guess we forgot about them with the advent of VST :oops:
Ah, thanks for the link! I've passed this on as well with the hopes that we can, at some point, integrate these features. It might not be that far fetched at all, actually - we have been contacted by 2 hardware developers looking to provide a distribution of this application with their products, so I imagine it may be a bit more worthwhile to look into it :)

Steven

Lotuzia wrote:Looks like a very nice tool for sound design :)
+1

Great idea, concept and features. :tu:

Return to “Instruments”