One-Synth-Challenge 41: Minimogue - Submissions and gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MinimogueVA

bzur wrote:
SKYZONE wrote:Hi guys thanks for your support , z-prime , v'ger , adagiocm.......

Hmm guess i put that clone back into the refrigerator for the next 100 years

:hihi:

Fabrizio
Anyway I'm curious to hear your cover. Open that refrigerator and share that fresh music with us :)
Fridayevening i put that clone to my soundcloudpage for about 12 hours feel free to download , bear in mind that the clone has no drum and perc sounds , the song name will be " frangelis " :D

Fabrizio

Thanks for the kind messages :hug:

EDIT:
In fact, I'm not a very strong contender here :oops: , but I love this "collaborative competition" spirit that rules inside OSC

I'll come back soon.

alvfaria wrote:My brother died today.
I'm sorry I haven't had an immediate loss that may have as profound an impact, though I've lost some close friends over the years and recently lost my grandmother and I had emotions that I didn't expect; I can only imagine what's going through your mind at the moment.

I, too, wish you strength during this trying time. I pray you channel your feelings as inspiration and hope rather than dwell on them as pain and misery. I wish you the best, brother.

:hug:

Dealing with the death of a loved on isn't easy.

My soulmate of 15 years was diagnosed with incurable esophageal cancer in November 2003 and passed away three months later in January 2004. We had little time left, I had to quit my job to be full time primary caregiver, going to Cancer Center but never gave up hope. When it was over, I went through shock and denial being alone for the first time in my life. I was prescribed Xanax, Valium, etc and was washing them down with liters of Vodka. I was going out every night drinking, got in a lot of fights in bars and eventually got a DUI.

I had six months of grief counseling through Hospice in the aftermath. They teach you the 7 stages of grief. The last stage is "acceptance" and being able share your experience to help another person through.

Initially, I was reluctant to respond to this thread due to fearing it would open the wound but I just wanted to say, one thing that has always helped me is when I feel alone (usually in the evenings), I go outside and look up at the stars. There's always this one star that twinkles for me and it let's me know someone still cares.

Our birthdays were a week apart in June. The 14th and 21st. We used to kick it with travel and partying for a week straight. For the first time in eight years, I actually took a trip this year. I took my laptop and was working on music in the hotel room. I found this forum while searching for some info on soft synths.

I have to say, I've never seen such a nice group of people who responded so maturely to alvfaria's situation. While listening to the tracks created by members here for this contest, I also noticed the compositions are all very introspective. More towards the electronica side than modern EDM stuff found at Beatport.

Anyway, I'm glad I joined here.

risk wrote:Dealing with the death of a loved on isn't easy.

My soulmate of 15 years was diagnosed with incurable esophageal cancer in November 2003 and passed away three months later in January 2004. We had little time left, I had to quit my job to be full time primary caregiver, going to Cancer Center but never gave up hope. When it was over, I went through shock and denial being alone for the first time in my life. I was prescribed Xanax, Valium, etc and was washing them down with liters of Vodka. I was going out every night drinking, got in a lot of fights in bars and eventually got a DUI.

I had six months of grief counseling through Hospice in the aftermath. They teach you the 7 stages of grief. The last stage is "acceptance" and being able share your experience to help another person through.

Initially, I was reluctant to respond to this thread due to fearing it would open the wound but I just wanted to say, one thing that has always helped me is when I feel alone (usually in the evenings), I go outside and look up at the stars. There's always this one star that twinkles for me and it let's me know someone still cares.

Our birthdays were a week apart in June. The 14th and 21st. We used to kick it with travel and partying for a week straight. For the first time in eight years, I actually took a trip this year. I took my laptop and was working on music in the hotel room. I found this forum while searching for some info on soft synths.

I have to say, I've never seen such a nice group of people who responded so maturely to alvfaria's situation. While listening to the tracks created by members here for this contest, I also noticed the compositions are all very introspective. More towards the electronica side than modern EDM stuff found at Beatport.

Anyway, I'm glad I joined here.
Welcome, Risk.
We are always glad to have more participants and friends.
I think this is my second family and i hope it will be yours too soon.

Aside...
All my automations for this month.
It was a really big work.

Plus the problems from the synth.
Plus bouncing some channels to wave sounds because the project got corrupted due to these instances, and i had to delete them or the project couldn't sound at all (some instances didn't sound or loaded badly) and it was loading with errors messages over the whole screen.

Since V'ger said that Glitch is ok (i only used the retrigger thing, i didn't need anything more) and supatrigga (i only used the retrigger from this one cos it was a bit slow measure repeater than glitch).
The two midi plugins that V'ger put here didn't worked for me, i tried everything to make them work via Midi, but no luck, that is one of the weakness with FL Studio and Midi stuff.

It was Glitch which saved the project, because i was about to give up with the "glitchy" project, but when i started using Glitch and lots of automations, it was fun and interesting so i decide to render the problematic instances, and get rid of the error messages and loading issues. So glitchy stuff saved the glitchy project, paradox...

Believe me, this month has been a nightmare for me. Although Minimogue is a good sound plugin, and it has nice and interesting presets too, (there was a preset which i used for the project, one which gave me problems, which is sounds like a machinne) difficult to tame too i think.

What i really don't like for this project is the lenght... I don't like to make more than 6 minutes tracks, but well, that is, i hope you don't get bored with the track or seems too repetitive.
I will upload it this in a couple of hours.

Have a good day :)

Instances
16 instances of Minimogue VA

Free External Effects
MG Tempo Delay
MG TriggerGate
Freeverb3 STRev
Arc Dev ET-301
FL Filter (A normal LP one)
Dblue Glitch (Just the yellow part, retrigger)
Supatrigga (Just the retrigger too)
JSCompshaper (No shaping used)

Automations
See previous post.

Mastering
Voxengo MSED
FL Parametric EQ 2
FL Limiter
FL Compressor

The song

Clic on image to download directly SoundCloud OSC Group to play it before and leave some comments if you please.

Long time no see.
Time has passed, yes.
I got older, and my heart is tired now,
No more adventures for me, BEC.
And once again you are in front of me, with that innocent human girl face.
Your energy core still beating so strong,
I can perceive, my ears are perfect as the first day yet.
The years didn't touch you.
But i'm glad you still remember me...

[...You were created in 2014, and still so beautiful, under that metal chasis...]

Track made in 11 Hours, lenght 7 minutes, and i hope you don't get bored about it, i made it the most moving possible, and as usually, there are almost hidden sounds FX, melodies, and changes in the background. Also a very processed track.

I hope you all like the track.

As usually, any problem, let me know and feel free to comment and criticize my work.

Have a good day, and good luck everyone :)

@IrionDaRonin - I've had similar issues with using multiple instances of MiniMogue when using automation in FL Studio 10.

I didn't use DBlue Glitch (although it's my favorite plugin) or any vst effects but it seems MiniMogue won't reset to proper values after using automation unless I close FL Studio and reboot. No issues when rendering the track but I'm not sure if it's MiniMogue or the host where the problem lies... but like any electronic musician, I work around it. MiniMogue (and FL Studio) is well worth the effort.

Anyway, if you want to hear a prime example of MiniMogue/DBlue Glitch in (dis)harmony with each other, check out this track ...

http://soundcloud.com/oktipus/oktipus-divide-by-zero

MiniMogue kicks in at :36 !!!!

and btw IrionDaRonin, I'm totally digging your soundcloud.

risk wrote:@IrionDaRonin - I've had similar issues with using multiple instances of MiniMogue when using automation in FL Studio 10.

I didn't use DBlue Glitch (although it's my favorite plugin) or any vst effects but it seems MiniMogue won't reset to proper values after using automation unless I close FL Studio and reboot. No issues when rendering the track but I'm not sure if it's MiniMogue or the host where the problem lies... but like any electronic musician, I work around it. MiniMogue (and FL Studio) is well worth the effort.

Anyway, if you want to hear a prime example of MiniMogue/DBlue Glitch in (dis)harmony with each other, check out this track ...

http://soundcloud.com/oktipus/oktipus-divide-by-zero

MiniMogue kicks in at :36 !!!!

and btw IrionDaRonin, I'm totally digging your soundcloud.
Thank you very much for your kind words.
I feel very grateful when someone tells me such comments, being musician is a hard work, to me is to do what you are feeling, and also, to know what people want.
That balance is the difficult part.

Nice fretless bass with Minimogue in your track.

Have a good day :)

Cheers for the submission guys, looks like you pulled out the stops Irion. :)
risk wrote:Dealing with the death of a loved on isn't easy.

Moving and inspirational post :hug: When I was younger I never knew or even suspected that loved ones passing can be so devastating and how little one is prepared or even know what will help when it is ongoing, only after the whole thing had settled did I learn what really helps is a lot of communicating, like is with any major event, but not easy when I'm supposed to be the stoic and solid type hehe.

This is my entry

___loser - one synth challenge

daw - Chaotic

1 instance of minimougueLEXUS

effects - Ferric TDS
ThrillseekerLA
JB PC-2

Well, after months of MEANING to join this party, I finally remembered in time to post something! I even went and bought a Windows laptop to do it. :)

10 instances of MinimogueLuxus in Reaper. No effects. Nothing but synth.
-Michael

My condolences to alvfaria and V'ger. Very sorry for your recent loss. :hug:

Due to technical issues that I hope to have resolved soon I won't be able to submit a track this month, but look forward to listening to the entries and voting for my favorites. Best of luck to you all!

Oopfoo wrote:I even went and bought a Windows laptop to do it. :)
An investment that really payed off!

Welcome to the family, Oopfoo. :wink:

P.S.
Oh my, who needs effects. You're putting us to shame ...

Uploaded mine, it's called :

"To Oslo And Back".

Made In REAPER.

I used : 12 x MiniMogueLuxus and 8 x MiniMogueVA.

Track FX :

1 x Ambience (send)
1 x SonEQ (Kick)
1 x Tal-Dub-3
8 x Reacomp
5 x ReaEQ.

Automation : Yes!

Master FX :

1 x DensityMkIII
1 x ReaEQ
1 x TLs Maximizer.

Enjoy.

I also uploaded a Bonus Track, it's called :

"How To Catch A Fly".

Made in FLStudio.

I used : 12 x MiniMogue Luxus.

Track FX :
1 x Classic reverb (send)
1 x GlasVerb (send)
1 x Fruity StereoEnhancer (send)
2 x Fruity Center (to remove DC)
1 x Classic Auto-Filter
2 x ReaComp.

Automation : Volume/Pan.

Master Fx :
1 x Voxengo GEQ
1 x C3 MultibandCompressor
1 x TLs Maximizer.

Enjoy the seventies.

Hi all,

Thirst I also want to say my condolences to alvfaria and V'ger. I know what a hard time this is.

Second I want to thank Bzur who gave me the hint for a newer/better version of MinimogueVA. This was my forth try and it worked in cubase without troubles. Thank you mate! You made this track possible.

Due to the saturation effect in Minimogue I tried some harder and faster track. Lush pads are not the strength of this synth, so I focused more on percussive and agressive sounds. Surprisingly the drums came out quite realistic. So this track is more a rock song. I called it:

The dark side of the Moog

21 instances in Cubase 5 Essential

Free FX used:
Reverbs: Freeverbtoo, EpicVerb
Dynamics: DensitiymkII, Loudmax, JP-broadcast2
Filter: Electri-Q, BootEQKMII
Span

chers,
Photonic
soundcloud.com/photonic-1

Return to “Instruments”