VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Josh Langberg wrote:Hello,
Are you serious about producing electronic music :?:
Do you run Mac OSX :?:
Does your DAW use VST3 or Audio Units :?:
Do you pay close attention to detail :?:
Would you like to make a serious contribution to testing a long awaited softsyth updated for OSX that will blow your mind :?:
If you answered yes to all of these questions, email me privately,
joshualangberg(AT)cakewalk(DOT)com
I will send you some more information and a required non disclosure agreement.
You will not be disappointed :!: :!: :!:

-
Josh Langberg
DSP Team QA Lead Engineeer
Cakewalk, Boston

If this has something to do with being able to install DimPro and Rapture on Lion, then I'm interested. Otherwise I question your company's actual commitment to OSX, regardless of newness and coolness quotients.

Half joking.

E-mail sent. ( I believe I am already on your beta team
but the last testing was Windows only.)
Cheers,
Scott Simons

I wish there was a windows version, but I can tell you that if I had a Mac, I'd put this new synth through its paces in a heartbeat!

email sent ;)

email sent.

Sign me up! (e-mail sent accordingly) :hyper:

Hope I'm not too late... email sent. :)

so zeta is finally coming to mac. I am quite happy with that. looks like i may not need to sell all my old commercial banks at all, that's if zeta 2 reads zeta 1 patches?

long awaited synth? we all know what mac users have been begging for.

while you are at is, 64 bit dimension and rapture updates wouldn't hurt, along with fixes to be able to install on lion

Hold on a sec Mr. Cakewalk 'Quality Assurance Lead Engineer'

Your development team should be looking after your existing customers first (ie people like me) by updating your Rapture and Dimension Pro installers to work with Mac OS X 10.7+. The software works on Lion so why can't you dedicate a day or two of mac development time to build new installers for your existing software before working on new stuff? Saying that 'it's not supported' on your site is just lazy. It's been almost a year since Lion was released. Grr...

:tantrum:

or just make it so an installer is not needed and you can just copy and drag the required files. Colin i heard that if you contact cakewalk they can give you a way around it to get it working

Hello,
We have this issue on our radar.
In the mean time, I will let you know the way to install Rapture 1.2.2 and Dimension Pro 1.5 on Mac OSX Lion 10.7+ :

1) Before installation, navigate to your Root/Library/Preferences folder. (not the User Library)

2) Click once on the Preferences folder to highlight it, and press 'Command+I' or click on File + Get Info.

3) Once the Preferences Info window is open, navigate to 'Sharing & Permissions' at the bottom of the 'Get Info' window.

4) Click the 'Unlock' button at the bottom of the window, and type in your password for access to change the 'Sharing & Permissions' for the 'Preferences' folder.

5) Once the 'Sharing & Permissions' is unlocked, change the permissions to 'Read & Write' for system, wheel, and everyone.

6) That is it, you are good to go, You will no longer get the "Invalid Password" error when you enter the serial number for Dimension Pro 1.5, and Rapture 1.2.2 upon installation.

Thank you for your patience in this matter, and let me know if you have any questions.

-Josh Langberg
DSP Team QA Lead Engineer
Cakewalk, Boston
joshualangberg(AT)cakewalk(DOT)com
Last edited by Josh Langberg on Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pinbot wrote:I wish there was a windows version, but I can tell you that if I had a Mac, I'd put this new synth through its paces in a heartbeat!
There is no new synth. Read the original post properly.

I hope its PSYN II :P

Now even me waiting ansver i mean trying also be betatester.

I wish they'd port Sonar

:lol:

I have so many Sonar projects to move to Logic :cry:
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Instruments”