Free Arturia MiniMoog, 1 day only (21st June - EXPIRED!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Mini V4

GeorgeZ wrote:No one back then called them by their inches.
Yes we did.They were either 5 and a quarter or 3 and a half...no one ever called 3.5's stiffies around here...... :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

WOK wrote:
osiris wrote:Ahhhh, we just called the floppies....
(My first computer had a 1 Gb hard drive and I remember thinking, how huge that was...... :dog: :dog: :lol:
GB ? We didn't know that.   KB was the max. unit used......

But at least we could punch a hole in the other side of the floppy disk to use both sides in that drive to give us another 150KB for free.... :lol:
We sometimes still use that old stuff, we have so many old songs on C64 still.
Our band in the studio in March this year :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpQ86mdKsUM

Teksonik wrote:
GeorgeZ wrote:No one back then called them by their inches.
Yes we did.They were either 5 and a quarter or 3 and a half...no one ever called 3.5's stiffies around here...... :lol:
Most of the time people just called them "disks"... "Floppies" yeah, "stiffies" never. The mind boggles: "give me your stiffy, I hope you don't have a virus" :shock:

Edit: Oh yeah, and those complaining about the download being slow, why aren't you using the torrent? There are currently about 600 seeds... I've already uploaded nearly 25 copies so far.

WOK wrote:
osiris wrote:Ahhhh, we just called the floppies....
(My first computer had a 1 Gb hard drive and I remember thinking, how huge that was...... :dog: :dog: :lol:
GB ? We didn't know that.   KB was the max. unit used......
I remember that in 1989 I was absolutely happy about 512 KB RAM...today I couldn't even start a DAW with it... :hihi:

And it took at least 10 minutes for the modem to connect. I miss that sound....

yeah, I remember those days.

I had a 14.400 baud Modem (or what it was called) and dialed in through University Server. Often all slots where occupied and you could not connect.
Hehe.

Reaaaaally enjoyed this video :D (but now I feel 1.000 years old :cry:)

:lol:
Well I wouldn't know how to make a Commodore 64 work either, but the cassette thing was just plain sad.

osiris wrote::lol:
Well I wouldn't know how to make a Commodore 64 work either, but the cassette thing was just plain sad.
Load "ProgramName",8,1

I remember as a kid my dad bought us a C64 for christmas. After about 3 months of us kids hounding him. He eventually bought us the cassette drive to go with it. :shock:

darsho wrote:
Load "ProgramName",8,1
That was actually for loading from floppy. Datasette was Device No. 1 :wink:

GeorgeZ wrote:
THANK YOU! Drives me NUTZ when people call stiffies floppies :x
I hear ya :)

Are you too young to remember 8" floppies? I think Osborne used them in the early '80s

Return to “Instruments”