Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Beat Black Mamba Commodore 64 Synthesizer Sessions DELUXE Zampler Zampler

Beat! made me think it's a drumsampler :D

It looks great though :tu:
www.mkdr.net

MophoEd - the BEST DSI Mopho Editor VSTi

I have only tried the presets of the Zampler demo library and they very good!
This is a great gift, thanks BEAT magazine et al.!

Greetings
D.
"There's a certain detail seen here."

DarkStar wrote: -- the GUI is "on top" - the File load dialogue window (and host windows) pop up underneath Zampler.
Are you using FL Studio by any chance?
DarkStar wrote:How can I edit the Patch Name and Patch Comments fields?
Saving the patch will change the name. Left click in the Patch comment area to edit. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

mkdr wrote:Beat! made me think it's a drumsampler :D
Actually Zampler makes a great groove machine. Just load up one of the drumkits, turn on the Arp and then select notes to play different drum sounds.I always start with note number 36 (C) and program the groove from there. Then as you play notes higher up it creates different variations of the loop and you can get some unexpected cool grooves going. Also try Duo mode and of course Swing, effects to taste etc.......loads of fun. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

glokraw wrote:Anybody used sfz files from Dimension Pro, Alchemy, or Wusikstation?
I've used files from Rapture and they work really well. The only thing is the .sfz file must be in the same folder as the samples for Zampler to find them. The Rapture content for example installed with all it's .sfz files outside their sample folders so I had to move them inside. Hadn't thought to use Wusikstation files....that should be lots of fun. :)

EDIT: I've just had a look at one of the Rapture .sfz files in SFZED. It shows as an invalid .sfz file ???? I guess that's why those files have to be moved into their own sample folders. Odd since Rene invented the .sfz format and was the developer of Rapture.....you'd think those files would be to spec...... :shrug:

I've gotten a couple of Wusikstation files to work in Zampler but then it makes me think....why not just use Wusikstation for layering, wavesequencing etc...... :P
Last edited by Teksonik on Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I wonder if BEAT would object to someone hosting the large file elsewhere, temporarily?

I would If i had any storage other than dropbox.. (and permission from BEAT)

Is it true that it is only 32 bit?
Finally!

I have the Beat version plus soundbank and it doesnt work.
When I start the gui in FL studio or Studio One 2. I cannot load any Zampler bank.
There is a message someone mentioned earlier. The bank folder opens and closes very fast.
Windows 7 64

I'm having similar issues in Live 8.3 ... the first 2 times I tried to load a soundbank from the GUI, the GUI became unstable (flashing on and off), and then Live crashed. On the 3rd attempt I loaded a patch first, and then a bank, and everything worked fine. There are some nice sounds in there, but stability seems to be an issue (in Live at least).

just found this windows prog that compile sfz files.
command line, i think, not tried.

http://carrieres.free.fr/sfz.htm

http://audio.clockbeat.com/sfZed.html

Easiest evah. Practically does everything for you. You're welcome.

thecontrolcentre wrote:I'm having similar issues in Live 8.3 ... the first 2 times I tried to load a soundbank from the GUI, the GUI became unstable (flashing on and off), and then Live crashed. On the 3rd attempt I loaded a patch first, and then a bank, and everything worked fine. There are some nice sounds in there, but stability seems to be an issue (in Live at least).
fergusonbbb wrote:I have the Beat version plus soundbank and it doesnt work.
When I start the gui in FL studio or Studio One 2. I cannot load any Zampler bank.
There is a message someone mentioned earlier. The bank folder opens and closes very fast.
Windows 7 64
I've reported these issues at the Synapse forums. I think Rich is looking into the matter......... :)

osiris wrote: http://audio.clockbeat.com/sfZed.html
Easiest evah. Practically does everything for you. You're welcome.
Teksonik wrote:I've reported these issues at the Synapse forums. I think Rich is looking into the matter......... :)
Thanks guys :)

glokraw wrote:Anybody used sfz files from Dimension Pro, Alchemy, or Wusikstation?
I tried a few of the sfz that came with Alchemy and a few 3rd party banks and all of them worked without issue (OSX/Live8.3). All I did is create an alias to the Alchemy Sample folder and add it to the same folder where the demo .fxb is located. However I have not attempted any patch savings yet so I don't know how the different directories will affect things. A task for later today I guess...

Gotta say though that I really like the freebie. I already have Rapture and Alchemy so it's not that its a necessary addition to the toolbox. But I like lightweight tools especially when I am sketching things out, so... Big Thanks to Synapse and Beat for Zampler!

mmmm... tried downloading the sample bank but download stops after 20mb or so... :(

Return to “Instruments”