Dark Zebra - Amazona says Best Buy!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:Urs, just out of curiosity, will the new Diva-like filters in Zebra 3 be new types under the XMF module like 'Analog', 'Eco', 'XMF', etc?
I favour the idea to integrate them in VCF/XMF modules. No final decision though, we're still merely collecting ideas and making concepts.
Cool, I like that idea too. Too many modules already! ;)

I bought Dark Zebra, a couple of weeks ago, and really love the sounds, no drastic bad effects on my 4gb ram (apart from maybe 1 or 2 presets), really lovely and smooth to run, and loving the gui. :)

DefiantCatz70 wrote:I bought Dark Zebra, a couple of weeks ago, and really love the sounds, no drastic bad effects on my 4gb ram (apart from maybe 1 or 2 presets), really lovely and smooth to run, and loving the gui. :)
->
Tina Turner wrote: Oh-oh-oh, what's RAM got to do with it, got to do with it...

Right, u-he plugins aren't particularly RAM hungry.

Well, I guess the instruments that normally cater for the hollywoodesque sound are sample based. The amazing thing about the work of Hans and Howard is that these sounds have that touch of realism that mangled samples often have. Yet they're synthesized and highly dynamic without using insane amounts of keymapping or velocity splits. Hardly any RAM is involved, thus instand preset loading.

As I understand, Hans uses a lot of MIDI Program Changes. With a sample-based device he simply can't do that in realtime. With Zebra he can. That may be one of the main practical reasons he favours a complex synth over a Gigabyte-laden ROMpler.

That's very cool Urs, thanks for sharing. I have started using U-He synths layered with samples ala HZ style in a game soundtrack I'm doing, and it adds life to the samples for sure. With this approach you basically can add whatever you want to! I've been using lots of midi data for dynamics (you have to with samples)...and of course I always use pitch bend and expression pedals with my U-He synths...I'll think about other midi program changes with the U-He synths more now...
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

Zebra III is going to be an exhilarating experience. Diva filters with zebra's power. wow.

daExpert wrote:Zebra III is going to be an exhilarating experience. Diva filters with zebra's power. wow.
Be careful there. Last I heard Z3 isn't going to have Diva's filters. It should have new/updated filters that are enhanced based on what the u-he team learned when creating the Diva filters though. The only Zebra that I'm aware of with Diva's filters, current or planned, is ZebraHZ.

bmrzycki wrote:
daExpert wrote:Zebra III is going to be an exhilarating experience. Diva filters with zebra's power. wow.
Be careful there. Last I heard Z3 isn't going to have Diva's filters. It should have new/updated filters that are enhanced based on what the u-he team learned when creating the Diva filters though. The only Zebra that I'm aware of with Diva's filters, current or planned, is ZebraHZ.
New/updated filters based on the diva filters? Good enough for me. It'll probably be better than the diva filters.

When we can expect Zebra 3?

HcDoom wrote:When we can expect Zebra 3?
In about a year, earliest.

Too many must-have features have piled up, it'll be a major project.

Ok, great, thank you for your answer.

You can get this today with Zebra HZ...

Is it possible to have Zebra HZ and use the original Zebra 2.5 color interface? I don't like the darker skin color as much as the older skin with the green, orange, red, etc. colors.

I didn't see a list of Zebra HZ features. I know it has some Diva filters, but it was mentioned that there is some other features in HZ that will be in Zebra 3. What are they?

Too bad the Diva filters are only able to be used in mono.

well, hehe Diva filters in stereo would smoke some cpu ;)

Hmmm... I can check if I can find the ZebraHZ skin in the original scheme. It must exist, because that's what we sent to Hans.

The other features are the Resonator and the quadruple per-voice dynamics section.

Return to “Instruments”