One-Synth-Challenge 43: DUNE BE - Submissions and gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE

Here we go again, my second entry :)

I've used about 18 instances of Dune BE - (6 of them are drums)
I've done all the work In Reaper 4.25
I used reapers effects ( EQ, Comp, delay, reverb) and the only external effect is the free Filterbank V3 which I got following the link on KVR page - I think.
I've made this from scratch today in about 9-10 hours, pretty much flat out non - stop.
All the music 100% composed / programmed today by me specifically for the Dune challenge.

Tempo 138bpm, Key C minor, progression Cm , Bb, Ab,Bb, Gm... or there abouts ;)

Hope you like it...

http://soundcloud.com/georgeangelov/ang ... dune-drive

Maybe I'll do one more... maybe a different style... maybe electro or maybe opposite and something slower.... ;)
The good thing is at least I'm learning a bit about reaper and vst's etc... it is all different from Reason :)

Wondering if any other Mac users are having this problem.

I've installed DuneBE but it didn't appear in Logic Pro 9.

When I scan for Audio Units it tells me it is incompatible.

Yet it created a new manufacturer called "Incompatible" and DuneBE appears there and seems to function.

Am I missing something?

Hello ........we close down the holiday with ............

The mushroom house part 2

Host FL studio 10

35 samples from dune vst

11 instances of dune vst

Fruity reverb , fruity delay , fruity stereo enhancer , fruity limiter , MG Audio ( freeware )trigger gate .

Enjoy.....

Fabrizio

:D :D :D

Good day all. My free patches from Tundra Vol2 will work with the lite versions of DUNE.

Just follow the link in my sig to the website.

Sami
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Now it's about time to promote my excellent Kirnu arp presets :-D. Here you go...

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

I used Dune BE to create the track for the video.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Nice with the original track as well Angelremington, and thanks for the presets Aiyn and Satya. :)

thx guys and thx for the presets to both... I have a question though, are we allowed to use these in the contest?

Hi, is anybody else experiencing some stability issues with Cubase 6.5 @64 bit and Dune? It often freezes, especially while saving the project.

I'm considering buying the jbridge tool - not very expensive - as I'm pretty sure it's a Vst bridge issue (it happens with other 32bit plugs as well) :shrug:

On the other hand, thumbs up for Dune, very fat sounding, easy workflow and a lot of features :tu:

angelremington wrote:thx guys and thx for the presets to both... I have a question though, are we allowed to use these in the contest?
Yes, Kirnu is a free midi plugin and all presets are free as well.

Haven't had much time to experiment with Dune but got a chance last night and I really like it a lot. Very responsive, excellent sound quality, well laid out controls. I'm definitely onboard with this one.

trying to find some inspiration and listening to the already submited tracks :)

This synth is so amazing. I almost want a more limited synth for more of a challenge! :)

Came across this interesting tip by French song-writer/producer Sandy Vee about using limiter on drums:

"I had a limiter on all the individual drum tracks - all the kicks which I layer went to a bus with the plug-in across it; the snares and bass had the Limiter plug-in on them; and then finally the master bus had the Limiter on it too! I know it sounds over the top, and other mix engineers may frown at it, but that plug-in played a big part in shaping my 'sound' - which I think is quite a big sound!"

The article also tells how big hits nowadays are done ITB etc, certainly the new generation of producers are throwing out the rule book.

DELETED
Last edited by marks-a-whybikky on Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Just posting up the WIP version of the track for this session of KVR's OSC, Gliding Above the Acclivity. It is a bit on the Trancier side of the house. I figured it would be a nice change of pace for me.

http://soundcloud.com/apzx/apzx-gliding-above-the

So, far 24 instances of Dune BE have been used.

Edit - All right this is me editing the post for my official submission for this month's OSC.

The track is Gliding Above the Acclivity.
Host: FL Studio 10
Instances of Dune BE: 26
FX Used:
Sonalksis FreeG (1x)
Variety of Sound DensityMKIII (3x), BaxterEQ (7x), EpicVerb (5x), BootEQMKII(7x), TesslaSE (3x), and NastyVCS (1x)
Kjaerhus Audio Classic Compressor (1x), Classic Delay (13x), and Classic Reverb (4x)
Sonimus SonEQ (10x)
Vacuum Sound Poor Plate (6x)
Yohng W1 Limiter (1x)
Last edited by APZX on Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
nox ad umbras lucem misit.

Return to “Instruments”